Zanex help question

If you start feeling "off" at all I think it might be a good idea to take a low dose of benzo. I had a seizure about 2 weeks clean from benzos, right when I thought I had made it through the worst and thought I was in the clear because I was able to eat and keep a meal down. I was using a lot more for a longer period of time so likely my body's chemistry was altered more, but it seems like seizures from benzos occur towards the end of the WD period. Benzo wd can also cause some erratic behavior.. I've had full blown hallucinations and delusional behavior.

Besides that, keep on moving forward and stay positive. Drugs never satisfy IME, only create a desire for more and other problems.

I was fine yesterday . I was at home all day though. I'm at work now and I'm freaking out.. I'm so nervous I might throw up. All over the guy sitting next to me. In front of all the higher ups. My boss. Everyone . Vomit . Maybe some blood. Shame...

I meant i would vomit up shame. Not that "it's" a Shame...

I feel shaky and panicky . My brain isn't sizzling like it was.l a few days ago..
No seizures yet. Maybe I should of brought a little piece with me....
Im not gonna trip on seizures right now. This is bad enough.

I think nausea and vomiting can actually be side effects to alprazolam. I remember feeling so anxious and sick that I would gag myself in hopes that my stomach would settle out, but the nausea never seemed to go away and seemed to be stress related.

Sorry I didn't mean to freak you out about the possibility of seizures, but it's something you want to avoid if at all possible. It can be life threatening and took me months to recover from.

Benzos are a crazy drug.

How many days have you been off the xanax? Usually have 5 half lifes of a drug, it is out of your system. If you are still feeling residual withdrawals, just take .125 of klonopin. Best of luck to you

I've been drinking , waking up in panic attacks . Don't know what else to do. Hope it ends soon and it won't be like a month long thing where my life is terrible and I want to cry .and throw up.

I think alot of my nausea is due to the people around me. Their values, their music... It stresses me out.. I don't want to be apart of this... I'm not ...
I'm gonna die... I'm gonna die every second , their conversations make me want to kill myself.. and when politics come up... Man I don't watch the news ...
I hear about it here and there that's cool I guess , but God it's so stressful and I could just blow my brains out infront of EVERYONE

I would think that a very low dose of kpins might be a little safer than drinking alcohol. Alcohol is pretty hard on the body and will amplify most the symptoms you are mentioning, like anxiety and nausea. It sounds like you are experiencing some withdrawal symptoms from the benzos. Maybe it is time to talk to a doctor...

Can you take some time off work? Having a week or two to focus on yourself might do wonders for your recovery.

I won't get any benzo like pill till sat maybe tonight if I go wait at my co workers place but I'm in no shape to do that. I'd rather wait and suffer. Anyway, is it the alcohol that's making this so dragged out ? I haven't had a benzo for five days , the 23rd. Does the alcohol really make it last longer. ? Is it like I may as well be taking a benzo every day because it goes to the same receptors?? I don't fully understand. Or because there's gaba A and B maybe its like HALFWAY doing a benzo. Ya I don't get it. I just know drinking helps but I feel horrible at the same time. I have alcoholic tendencies too so I feel like I'm going down fast and I'm not getting better. This is rough...

It definitely isn't helping you recover.. even if it may momentarily take away some of the symptoms.

They have similar function and similar WDs. I don't know if it will extend the amount of time that you will be in benzo WD, but it will compound and you will probably be more sensitive to both types of WDs. How many drinks are you having on average? I'd imagine having a hangover while in benzo WD would be very uncomfortable.

I was drinking maybe a half pint of good ol takka vodka a day...n some beers thrown in . Yesterday I finished a pint to my head , though. Anyway
I think I'm over it.
The benzo WD.
I'm almost positive.. now it's just extra consequences from drinking so much... Which I will have the next 3 days off work to recover from ... it's a good little rest... I'll take it easy on myself . I have lots of green tea my co worker gave me. Lol

Well... I know I'll be fine and stress free and alcohol free at home.
We will see how my brain reacts when I'm back at work. That's the real test...
I'm so happy I got through the week.
I was productive and I look forward to my days off... Finally!!!.... :)

But honestly... Logically?? It's safe to say the WD are over right?

Benzo WD can last a few months, but likely you are through the worst of it considering that you didn't use them for very long or in large quantity. It is possible that the alcohol is preventing full recovery.

With that much alcohol being consumed it's likely what you are now experiencing is alcohol side effects/withdrawal.

Well drinking was a mistake. I'm still drinking... I tried to stop as planned , and started having symptoms very similar to the benzo withdrawal I was originally trying to treat..
Ha
This was over a week ago ... It's strange because I've drank liquor for alot longer then this , and never had symptoms like this.... I mean it's possible I did but didn't realize I guess... Idk.. whatever... Maybe the benzos have something to do with it.
Im not drinking heavily, just a little beer .
I guess I'll go to the ER and hope they give me something and not just refer me to a program. I can't take anymore days off work.
Ya wish I didn't drink

The ER can be atrocious as far as helping one who isn't displaying outright vital signs indicative of danger. They might throw something new into the mix like gabapentin and while it can help with preventing things like seizures it most likely is not gong to help much or for very long right now. Too bad the states don't allow hemineverin here, although I don't think you're quite at that point yet.

How are you feelin ATM?

Last edited:
I've actually been in a pretty good mood lately. I drink a couple beers before work... Lol a couple at lunch .. I tried not drinking and I got real nauseated and started feeling like I was having benzo withdrawal , so I figured it alcohol wd , and drank some beer...
I'm doing fine besides that. I definitely don't want to be dependant on freaking beer.. I went to the ER a few months ago for benzo withdrawal. (Used k pin for over a month) They gave me Librium.
Idk what they are going to do this time. The doctor did say that that is what they usually give to alcoholics. .. so I think I have good chances... But ya I'd have go in showing symptoms I think..
It's so weird , I've stopped drinking a few times in my life. I never felt like this. Maybe I did though .. idk. My circumstances were different then now. Was smoking weed , didn't have a job so I was able to lay in bed and recover..
So anyway I definitely can't handle symptoms like this at work... I'm not in a hurry though to get to the ER ... I hate that place.... I like beer too... Lol
But ya , it's not going to work for me , not like this .... I like beer but I don't want to HAVE to drink it !!!!

I'm far from a shining example but I can recommend slaying one dragon at a time. I always seem to waste all my efforts by taking on too much, usually in the form of poly drug W/D and then failing miserably with a small but albeit new habit like lyrica or ambien to throw on top of the heap of problem substances. Lately I've been getting much further by killing one thing, living with the small victory and completely stabilizing then starting in on the next. While it hasn't been exactly permanent it has had better results.
I wish you godspeed on your EtOh cessation and hope you keep us updated Y.