• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your reaction when your parents suspect you consume drugs.

Oh God does this take me back. My Mom found a few tabs of acid, I was 16 so of course I was grounded, car privileges revoked, etc. I then deigned to find more creative ways to hide it: from inside a small pick container in the strap slot in my guitar case (she never touched my guitar, ever) to burying it deep in the upper corner of my closet buried inside a stack of old magazines that had belonged to my older sister that hadn't been touched in years. Never mattered. She found my shit every faaking time. She was like a human bloodhound. I finally outfoxed her by hiding it strategically in the kitchen...right under her nose. It was good training, I'm now in my 5th decade of being a Head and have never once been busted. Thanks Ma, RIP.

I don't do drugs anymore, but when I was high I would avoid family. Really not that hard at 29 (after high school it shouldn't be difficult, or whatever age you happen to move out.) Unfortunately flaked on some family dinners and shit, good to be sober.

When I was a kid it was undeniable when I was high though. 8oz of robitussin, dust blunt, fat bong tokes undeniable. The first two I would yell and get angry when accused, the third I would just laugh my ass off.

Flip the script. Accuse them of being on drugs. Tell them you found their rigs...

Jokingly offer some, make sarcastic remarks, correct the (large amounts) of false information in their lectures, ignore.

My parents are the most angry and close-minded people I've ever known, there is no reasoning when it comes to them. Only acting like a jackass in response. Pretty dumb because my mom gets blackout drunk every day but thinks weed = heroin.

They just know everything. At least my mom does. My dad knows most of it. Breaks my heart, but I remain honest to her (mostly). Lying would break my heart even more, because they're not stupid and they know I use.

At least my parents don't know the extent to which I use. I could be fucked up on 3 or 4 different substances and only get called out for weed.

I don't have any reactions since I've cut off contact with my family for decades now thanks to mental illness. But when I was in contact it would be a mixture of constant nagging and anxiety "drugs are the worst thing in the world" mixed with a total denial. I remember being dragged out to a family function; the next day of being really fucked up on nutmeg and looking ghostly white (my natural pallor is brown by the way) eyes totally red and I had an obvious slur and no one said a word to me about it.

i told my parents the syringes my uncle had found in my bathroom i had used to pop pimples (i had bad acne when i was about 16.) I think they bought it cuz noone wants to think theyre child is addicted to shooting heroin.

My mother was always afraid that I would become a violent alcoholic just like my father, so whenever she found any alcohol in my stuff I just have to behave for a period of time like a very good and self-disiplined guy with tasks in life just to calm her down and prove her im not like my dad.
She never suspected me about using other drugs, though.

Keep in mind that the western culture is different to the middle eastern. The matter of respect towards parents isn't that strong. Sure we have to respect our parents in the west, too. But with 30 years in the west parents cant expect anymore that their orders and will is followed. Mostly parents will just accept that their influence is limited at this point. In a way that they are still worried about their childrens drug use, but accept that their child is now responsible for his own life and fate.

Today, the legality of drugs in Iran is nothing more a joke. According to Erowid, here in Iran, No matter how many times they catch us. We will not get more than a warning and a small fine. But... how about those fools who suggest me to replace any kind of legal/illegal drug with alcohol and THC? here, drinking seems okay to anyone but drugs? ... no!
Do you consider it "being under the influence of western culture"? I'm not really against alcohol use, I just dislike it because vertigo is all I experience when I am drunk.
And now... A bit about my personal life... I am 30. Have got my own job, house and car. My father makes me uncomfortable whenever he suspects I use/abuse any drug.

And here is my message to all parents:
Don't call your children meth-head when you catch them smoking weed. I hate my father even more when he condemns any drug use. His ignorance makes me puke, yet he considers himself a smart.

Now it's time to hear your own story and tips.
Do many people in Iran smoke or eat hashish or pot, as alcohol is forbidden in certain sects of Islam?

When I was a teen living with my parents and they realised I was using drugs: smoking pot, taking Dexedrine tablets, LSD, low doses of opiate pills, inhaling nitrous oxide maybe five times, and Psilocybin mushrooms or magic truffles, and sometimes smoking tobacco, they were not happy but knew that many teens and people who are young adults experiment with and use drugs. They were clear that as long as I did not get out of control and did not blatantly look or stay high and fucked up 24 hours a day daily, did not smoke tobacco, marijuana, or hashish in their home, did not sell drugs, drive high or drunk and hurt myself and others, did not get arrested, did not fail exams or out of university, or get so fucked up at work that I was fired, that I could use drugs discreetly.

Last edited:
Back here 6 years later to amend my responses now that I'm older and (somewhat) wiser.

Not just about drugs. Confidently and politely denying an accusation while asking questions in return throws a lot of people off. Them coming at you hard thinking you'll crumble or slip immediately is usually the goal of said parent/guardian/etc. Unfortunately for me my DOC was heroin, idk what you know about dope but it doesn't make you discrete lol.

Immediate retaliation at least IME is game over, whether you're mad you got caught or you're legit innocent and upset (in my case it was almost always the former). Now I still live with them, but I just wanna play by their rules and avoid the hassle until I can move out (sooooooooon). Unfortunately in this fucked up world, there's a lot of people who can and will take things from you based on nothing more than their own possibly skewed experiences or pure self-righteousness.

Not to mention if you believe in yourself and your words entirely though, is it really a lie? Or simply an "alternate truth" lol.

Last edited:
My mom first caught me smoking weed at 15. She pretended to be mad at me, but the next time I got some weed I just shared it with her. Problem solved.