• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your reaction when your parents suspect you consume drugs.

TumajNuri

Ex-Bluelighter
Today, the legality of drugs in Iran is nothing more a joke. According to Erowid, here in Iran, No matter how many times they catch us. We will not get more than a warning and a small fine. But... how about those fools who suggest me to replace any kind of legal/illegal drug with alcohol and THC? here, drinking seems okay to anyone but drugs? ... no!
Do you consider it "being under the influence of western culture"? I'm not really against alcohol use, I just dislike it because vertigo is all I experience when I am drunk.
And now... A bit about my personal life... I am 30. Have got my own job, house and car. My father makes me uncomfortable whenever he suspects I use/abuse any drug.

And here is my message to all parents:
Don't call your children meth-head when you catch them smoking weed. I hate my father even more when he condemns any drug use. His ignorance makes me puke, yet he considers himself a smart.

Now it's time to hear your own story and tips.

Last edited:
If you look into the history of drug prohibition, then it'll become apparent that the United States pressured other countries to follow suit in making conventional drugs, except alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, illegal. So yeah, I would say that it is the influence of the Western culture. The social acceptance towards alcohol but not other drugs, some of which are orders of magnitude more benign, is actually sickening.

To answer the question of the thread, I don't really react in any way. I don't see my parents often enough and I'm overall functional, so there is no reason to suspect anything in the first place. If they did though, I'd probably ask why they think that way and then rebut that argument.

You're 30, you live alone. Why are you so worried about what your father thinks? It's your business to decide to take other substances than alcohol, which is more often than not a healthy decision; if your father can't understand that, well... who gives a fuck?

Last edited:
My reaction was get prescriptions for the drugs I like. Marijuana, Methadone and Clonazepam. all in recreational quantities basically. I'm rarely sober.

If you look into the history of drug prohibition, then it'll become apparent that the United States pressured other countries to follow suit in making conventional drugs, except alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, illegal. So yeah, I would say that it is the influence of the Western culture. The social acceptance towards alcohol but not other drugs, some of which are orders of magnitude more benign, is actually sickening.

To answer the question of the thread, I don't really react in any way. I don't see my parents often enough and I'm overall functional, so there is no reason to suspect anything in the first place. If they did though, I'd probably ask why they think that way and then rebut that argument.

You're 30, you live alone. Why are you so worried about what your father thinks? It's your business to decide to take other substances than alcohol, which is more often than a healthy decision; if your father can't understand that, well... who gives a fuck?

Let's blame our culture. You don't often see your parents, but here in middle east, parents start to get worry if they don't see their children longer than one week. Thanks for your advice.

My Mom would usually take whatever drugs I had and throw them out or sell them but if she caught me high or doing them thats different. When my mom catches me I usually just give in and say yep im high... but if she just thinks im doing drugs i have nothing to worry about, just be extra careful. While my Dad wouldn't care, he would see them or hear about me doing drugs and prob not care. Only because he's a drug addict. But im sorry about your situation dude, I totally get it when your parents call you names like that. I hope things get better

You can't rebut a drug use accusation because they'll just say that denial is a symptom of addiction. The only thing that works well are restraining orders against people accusing you of drug use. It's what I do, the second it happens I tell the person to never get within 100m of me, if it's at work I inform my supervisor that I need to be without 100m of that person so It's either going to be me quitting the job or them being fired for their hateful comments. Don't accept apologies.

Don't take these things lightly, and I'm not saying do it with your parents, but when a stranger accuses you of drug use, even through allusions, you jump to the throat(figuratively), the second it happens. Don't ever let it slide. Bite the throat and don't let go, like it's either you or him/her. Use every resource available to you.

There's 7 main reasons why parents react that way to knowing their kid is on drugs:

1) They think you'll die because they watch too much CNN. This is serious, they literally can't sleep knowing they might find you dead in the morning. They suffer.
2) They feel rejected because you chose a lifestyle different from theirs, and to stroke their ego, they think in terms of, where did they screw up for you to "slip up".
3) They have no experience nor certain knowledge of the subject, they know nothing about drugs and so, their lack of knowledge makes them uncomfortable.
4) They have financial/security concerns...they count on you to take care of them when they're old and to even help them financially if need arises: a support.
5) They want you to enter a lifestyle that benefits them too, like the family centered lifestyle. Barbecues, marriages, ceremonies, afternoon playing games etc.
6) They want their son to be "somebody": a success story. They basically want you to mention them as your better self in a context where you become a CEO.
7) They want to enhance their level of social integration through your own, and acquire social recognition, through such recognition transcend their mortal nature.

Last edited:
I am 44 and reasonably successful. My parent's have long given up worrying about my substance use.

Talk to them about it and what I've taken. Let them know that I've done as much research as possible and I make sure I'm safe. They still worry though. Especially when I'm up for 37 hours straight. I guess I'm lucky to have open-minded mum. Sometimes honesty is the best option. My mum has been there before in the 70's onwards so there's no hiding it from her no matter how good you think you are. At least we can smoke together though!

They only know about the drugs i took years ago when i lived in their house, after that i "only had an alcohol problem, which i solved".

If they would notice, that im totally fucked up, i would say its because of the reduction of the antipsychotic medication.

Just dont want to worry them, have to solve my drug problems by myself and not to affect their quiet sleep at night.

They would think about how to help me in desperation the whole day if they knew that i smoked a foil of H or snorted something these days.

"Protect your parents and be silent, tell it partially or even lie to them!"

At 14 years old, I hadn’t try any drugs yet (besides nicotine from secondary smoke). Being a dreamy and uncooperative teenager, my parents accused me of using drugs, so I had nothing to lose and gave it a go!

The shit hit the fan when I was on the comedown of my first acid trip and tried to convince my mother to take LSD and come up with me and Lucy in the lysergic sky…

By the way Tumaj, I do own a beautiful Tabriz rug. Very nice to stare at while tripping!

Disappointment, from the beginning until the end

Edit: oops, thought it said parents' reaction.

My reaction when my parents suspect I'm high is usually "woops lol" with a half percent chance of shame. I'm doin really well at not feeling shame in the past year or two. No room for it in my brain, I suppose. Not with all my other confused emotions :p

Last edited:
^u punched your own mother in the face?

When my mom suspects I'm doing drugs, it usually means I have to share (if it's cannabis, alcohol, or opium). She's lucky in the fact that shes been using these substances sporadically throughout her life, but never had a problem with any of them.

I told my parents what I did was my business and to do something if they had a fucking problem.

I suppose I used to shoplift before I reached the age where I could work. I still went to school, played sports, did extracuriculars, and payed for my own stuff like clothes and stereos since I was a kid.

My father gave me like 50 cents an hour when I was 5 years old and when he was around it was at least a day a week of sunup to sundown manual labor which was ok. He is a real self righteous prick but wanted to teach me to be independent.

I usually walked places, hitchhiked, rode a bicycle, or skateboarded to where I wanted to go which was basically any place but my parents house. Our family was and is highly dysfunctional.

At a very young age I decided that I wanted out of that situation and did just about anything I could to avoid my father who had no problem whooping the shit out of a 4 year old.

I was using drugs and alcohol before I knew what they were. I knew what happened when the police would come to school with the DARE program and realized what various family members gave me for reasons I do not even really give a fuck about.

You can't rebut a drug use accusation because they'll just say that denial is a symptom of addiction. The only thing that works well are restraining orders against people accusing you of drug use. It's what I do, the second it happens I tell the person to never get within 100m of me, if it's at work I inform my supervisor that I need to be without 100m of that person so It's either going to be me quitting the job or them being fired for their hateful comments. Don't accept apologies.

Don't take these things lightly, and I'm not saying do it with your parents, but when a stranger accuses you of drug use, even through allusions, you jump to the throat(figuratively), the second it happens. Don't ever let it slide. Bite the throat and don't let go, like it's either you or him/her. Use every resource available to you.

There's 7 main reasons why parents react that way to knowing their kid is on drugs:

1) They think you'll die because they watch too much CNN. This is serious, they literally can't sleep knowing they might find you dead in the morning. They suffer.
2) They feel rejected because you chose a lifestyle different from theirs, and to stroke their ego, they think in terms of, where did they screw up for you to "slip up".
3) They have no experience nor certain knowledge of the subject, they know nothing about drugs and so, their lack of knowledge makes them uncomfortable.
4) They have financial/security concerns...they count on you to take care of them when they're old and to even help them financially if need arises: a support.
5) They want you to enter a lifestyle that benefits them too, like the family centered lifestyle. Barbecues, marriages, ceremonies, afternoon playing games etc.
6) They want their son to be "somebody": a success story. They basically want you to mention them as your better self in a context where you become a CEO.
7) They want to enhance their level of social integration through your own, and acquire social recognition, through such recognition transcend their mortal nature.

Yes you are totally right... our strict parents are fooled by medias. Fuck them,... they think they know too much.

Last edited:
Family members of mine were not happy or pleased at first, but also accepted that as a teenager I was going to experiment with new things and were thankful that it was not heroin and that it was cannabis; but they did not want me using cannabis or anything else with any regularity which I really did not do until I was 17 and almost an adult, and I did not rub it in their face or do things like get stoned and drive, or do things that would get me caught by the police like friends of mine did. I am older now and I do not use any drugs at all not even alcohol.

My Mom would usually take whatever drugs I had and throw them out or sell them but if she caught me high or doing them thats different. When my mom catches me I usually just give in and say yep im high... but if she just thinks im doing drugs i have nothing to worry about, just be extra careful. While my Dad wouldn't care, he would see them or hear about me doing drugs and prob not care. Only because he's a drug addict. But im sorry about your situation dude, I totally get it when your parents call you names like that. I hope things get better

Thank you pal... I hope things get better before I attempt suicide. I want to pretend i don't care about the thoughts of people surrounding me, but i don't know why I can't.

Family members of mine were not happy or pleased at first, but also accepted that as a teenager I was going to experiment with new things and were thankful that it was not heroin and that it was cannabis; but they did not want me using cannabis or anything else with any regularity which I really did not do until I was 17 and almost an adult, and I did not rub it in their face or do things like get stoned and drive, or do things that would get me caught by the police like friends of mine did. I am older now and I do not use any drugs at all not even alcohol.

Yeah, But I'm not ready for sober living.