• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Your quit method?

vlzinspace

Bluelighter
Idk how to do it. Ive defied all drugs except weed. Quitting opiates is easier. Without weed im just permanently bored and eventually lose my cool.

Any advice on this process? Or more specifically, how long after quitting does the mental anguish become tolerable? Last time i tried quitting i couldnt sleep for a week and that spurred a benzo habit.

Idk how to do it. Ive defied all drugs except weed. Quitting opiates is easier. Without weed im just permanently bored and eventually lose my cool.

Any advice on this process? Or more specifically, how long after quitting does the mental anguish become tolerable? Last time i tried quitting i couldnt sleep for a week and that spurred a benzo habit.

I relate hard on this. The mental experience of keeping me entertained and docile. And the "Defying" all other drugs (so far, 16 months, most every hard drug the average person has heard of)

For me personally I find that when I'm completely sober I have a more clear thought. Some use weed, amphetamines, benzos to help them process. For me, I feel most efficient stone cold sober.

That said, I do a lot of research, video games, walking around, I still drink at times to calm my thoughts and weed here and there to stimulate them, but at the end of the day, finding something mentally stimulating that is sustainable and accessable all the time is a great gift.

However.. I can't say I've found a perfect solution and substitute. And, it is always going to be a thing - the urges will happen. With weed the destruction of your life is minimal if even existent at all, so I guess that's good

And to answer the topic question most literally: cold turkey is fine if your habit isnt 24/7, in my experience

Last edited:
For me it takes more than a month to "normal" sleep.

But weed sleep isn't quality sleep. You get back to a better normal than on weed.

As for a method, i think CT is the only one that makes sense. No need to taper.

The best way to quit weed is to initially lower your tolerance
For me I do this by vaping/smoking later and later in the day with a cut off time (say , Midnight)

After a week or so your tolerance will have lowered and then youll get to say 9pm and think i dont even want any and thats how i managed to stop many times

Ive stopped and started multiple times over the years , breaks consisting of Days, Weeks, Months and even Years i dont think i could do it without this method

The boredom is painful but i can tank it. Its the added fuckery of no sleep that makea me go psycho quick. Guess exercise is only way cus i dont wanna melatonin or benzo nightly, although flualprazolam would be godly in this situation.

weed has been the hardest for me to quit. opiates, benzos, weren't too bad yes they sucked to quit. but cigarettes and weed have been the hardest for me. it took me two years on chantex to quit cigarettes, it has been three years with out chantex or cigarettes . weed i was at four months and wasn't getting better. i still tested positive at four months. i was never able to quit weed.

Find a good hobby you can do that keeps you occupied. Exercise definitely helps with sleep, I also think small oral doses before bed while tapering down helps

Oral will help you sleep the entire night where if you smoke it doesn't last as long

This is the right place where to find failure experts who "feel" just like you. Never mind quiting the $i¢k 'n $ad realm, simply avoid mirrors...

I'm curious, if that's how you feel why do you choose to associate with failure experts?

I can't help but be reminded of an old idiom that centers around the company we choose to keep....

As far as OP goes, I'll throw it out there for the umpteenth time-- you'll struggle with stopping your weed habit for as long as you neglect to replace it with something else.

For a lot of people, weed is the boredom killer. When you're bored as fuck, you just have a quick session and *BOOM!* all of a sudden you're content despite facing the same situation that left you feeling bored prior to getting high.

Please don't get offended at the simplification but, my guy, you need a hobby or two. Woodworking, programming, just reading books that you can get lost in, gardening, mycology.... It doesn't matter what, you need SOMETHING to fill the void that you've been stuffing ganja into for god knows how long. You'll never successfully quit if you spend all of your conscious willpower thinking about how you quit and even though you want to you can't indulge anymore.... like, it's doable but that's a great way to stress yourself the fuck out. You need to find a way to stop using while picking up a hobby that exercises your mind enough to make you not want to CONTINUE using.

I'm admittedly being a little blunt because I've responded to countless threads like this over the years. If you'd like me to expand or have any other questions you think I might be able to answer, though, feel free to ask.

I feel like this may be counter-productive but it's worth a shot-- as far as your sleep habits go, I think you should look into melatonin as a nighttime sleep aid.

It's not healthy to use long-term but for 1-3 weeks? I think you'll be okay.

As far as melatonin goes, however, the lower the dose the better. They sell pills upwards of 10mg, but you might find yourself surprised when you discover that 0.5mg works equally as well and doesn't leave you with a strange hangover upon waking. It's also good to remember that it won't knock you out-- melatonin just makes it easier to drift into sleep once you're ready to lie down and end your day.

Last edited:
Yea, some people are just built different. I changed up my quitting methods. Different times , with different results. I tapered down when I lived in a legal state years ago. I knew I would be moving back to Texas and didn't want to be worried about sourcing on top of everything else.

First you stop using enough to get high. Instead of doing a dab you smoke a joint, instead of a joint you take a puff once a night and put it out. Take some CBD for the weird dreams. Not a lot. Just enough to warrant non night terror sleep.

While doing that you try some extra curricular activities that don't involve getting high. And that is totally up to you. If you're a outdoorsy kinda cat. Or tinkering with computer nerds to build the perfect PC. Politics, cleaning you house, building a treehouse.. foster a dog. or just pouring yourself into your career field. Make different friends to help along the way.

I myself focused more on my career, and got involved with a bdsm coach. It was fun, rewarding, and certainly a new experience. But that's my life. Different strokes for different folks. Find something, anything to fill your time with.

There's sooo much more to life then drugs and getting high. Go live , love, beyond what you know.

Last edited:
Cigarettes were fucking hard to quit. But I did it finally. Mind over matter on the bad days. Support network on the really bad days. Structure, schedule blah blah. I'm in charge of my own destiny 😉. You are too

I quit all the time sometimes to lower tolerance or I want to quit you need 3 things and have easy opium withdrawal
Pregabalin
Lopermide
Some sports drinks

I quit all the time sometimes to lower tolerance or I want to quit you need 3 things and have easy opium withdrawal
Pregabalin
Lopermide
Some sports drinks

What sports drink have YOU had success with?

(I swear to god if you say gatorade.... 😜 )

I'm curious...

Oh, a curious moderator! M'well, did you hear about the reddit channel created by DynaVap, dear friend$ of Fu¢kCombu$tion, having their IH-related "dis¢u$$ion" space BANNED by reddit evoking rules violation of a mercantile nature? Now that's something to get curious about, but i walked away from the whole reddit thing long long ago, try gue$$ why exa¢tly...

Oh, a curious moderator! M'well, did you hear about the reddit channel created by DynaVap, dear friend$ of Fu¢kCombu$tion, having their IH-related "dis¢u$$ion" space BANNED by reddit evoking rules violation of a mercantile nature? Now that's something to get curious about, but i walked away from the whole reddit thing long long ago, try gue$$ why exa¢tly...

English, mother fucker.... DO YOU SPEAK IT???

I don't care about your straw men, dude. You can mention as many French Canadian politicians and horrific villains in the industry as you want but the fact is, if you think you're surrounded by failures and losers here then you might want to look at a mirror and reassess what YOU are. Are you associating with like-minded individuals or are you pretending to be King of the Rats?