• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings

From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.
Socrates

Interesting!!

Also am a fan of that Oscar Wilde Quote ' I can resist anything but temptation'.

Have you read any of Oscar Wildes novels. Picture Of Dorian Gray is genius.

“Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty'

Picture Of Dorian Gray

Yup its an insightful post.

I wouldn't call it insightful. Quite the opposite if anything. Hypocritical perhaps. Pulled from his arse to try to give the impression he wasn't a vile, hate-fuelled human being who got rather thoroughly hoisted by his own petard because he simply could not bring himself to let go of his endless stream of (largely unfounded) paranoias and irrational hatreds. If he believed a word he said he wouldn't have become a synonym for lying, hateful scumbag would he.

Um, clearly from your impassioned post you feel rather strongly about the guy. I disagree with you though. Its an insightful post and he lied, hated and had paranoias...no doubt love, remorse, fears, peace.. generally the whole gamut of human ingredients. Like most of us.

Just because he screwed up and lied it doesn't mean he is sentenced to never recognising Truth again.

Regardless of who said it, there is wisdom in this quote..

'Others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself'

Hypocricy would be something like sending <3 's to people you evidently despise, hate (fear/from yodas perspective)

Last edited:
I think Hunter S. Thompson actually humanised Nixon better than anybody else ever managed to, despite Thompson's obvious hatred for all Tricky Dick stood for.

He was a human being, and very possibly an ill one at that. He was also a twat; that much is incontestable.

Anyway, a (beautifully) bastardised specimen:

White as new lime, your thighs and your hips,
Your clustering hair, and your sweet-bitten lips,
My last blaze of strength would die well in their kiss...

Is go dté tú mo mhúirnín slán
Walk my love, walk surely..

Interesting!!

Also am a fan of that Oscar Wilde Quote ' I can resist anything but temptation'.

Have you read any of Oscar Wildes novels. Picture Of Dorian Gray is genius.

“Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty'

Picture Of Dorian Gray

Nicely put! Also about hypocrisies..

NE's comment about hypocrisy actually described disingenuousness or insincerity rather than hypocrisy.

You could call it hypocrisy at a stretch, I guess, but I wouldn't.

===================================================

Her voice pervades the whole soul,
Like memory of happy days,
And heart is sunk in love and dole,
While being shameful of its zest.

Last edited:
The Scene:
London, 1892;
16 Tite Street, Chelsea: The residence of Mr Oscar Wilde.
Hansom cabs gallop past outside. In the drawing room, a crowd of suitably dressed folk are engaged in typically brilliant conversation, laughing affectedly and drinking champagne.
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Ah, my congratulations, Wilde. Your play is a great success. The whole of London's talking about you.
OSCAR WILDE:
Your highness, there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

(There follows fifteen seconds of restrained and sycophantic laughter)
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Oh, very witty, Wilde ..... very, very witty.
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty.

(Fifteeen more seconds of the same)
OSCAR WILDE:
I wish I had said that Whistler.
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
Ah, you will, Oscar, you will.

(more laughter)
OSCAR WILDE:
Your Highness, do you know James McNeill Whistler?
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Yes, we've played squash together.
OSCAR WILDE:
There is only one thing worse than playing squash together, and that is playing it by yourself.

(silence)
OSCAR WILDE:
I wish I hadn't said that.
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
But you did, Oscar, you did.

(a little laughter)
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Well, you must forgive me, Wilde, but I must get back up the Palace.
OSCAR WILDE:
Your Majesty, you're like a big jam doughnut with cream on the top.
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
I beg your pardon?
OSCAR WILDE:
Um ..... It was one of Whistler's.
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
I didn't say that.
OSCAR WILDE:
You did, James, you did.
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Well, Mr. Whistler?
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
I- I meant, Your Majesty, that, uh, like a doughnut your arrival gives us pleasure and your departure merely makes us hungry for more.

(laughter and congratulations)
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
Yes, thank you. Right, Your Majesty is like a stream of bat's piss.

(gasps)
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
What?
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
It was one of Wilde's.
OSCAR WILDE:
It sodding was not! It was Shaw!
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Well, Mr. Shaw?
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
I, um, I, ah, I merely meant, Your Majesty, that, ah, you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Oh, ho-ho, very good.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
Right. Your Majesty is like a dose of clap.

(gasps)
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
What?!?
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
Before you arrive is pleasure, but after is a pain in the dong.
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
I beg your pardon?
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
It was one of Wilde's.
OSCAR WILDE:
Wha-
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Well, Mr. Wilde?
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
Come on, Ozzy.
OSCAR WILDE:
Uh ..... uh, wha-, wha- .....
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
Come on, Ozzy, now, tell us all about it.
OSCAR WILDE:
Wha-, what I meant, Your Majesty, uh-h-h .....

(general heckling from the crowd)
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
Let's have a bit of the old wit then!
OSCAR WILDE:
What, what-
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
I'm waiting.
OSCAR WILDE:
What I-, what I meant was .....
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
Come on, Ozzy, .....
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
Give us a bit of the wit, Oz.
OSCAR WILDE:
Um, w-w-what I meant, Your Majesty, w-was ..... oh ..... (blows a raspberry)

(The Prince shakes Wilde's hand. Laughter all round.)
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Oh! Excellent! Excellent, Wilde! Very witty, Wilde.
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
Nice one, Oz!
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Can you come and do that up the Palace some time? Extremely funny, ha-ha-ha .....

“Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before--more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.”
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

“Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before--more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.”
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

love that lots. He's recognised how we can bury parts of our hearts (probably as coping mechanisms) until something triggers a memory that resurrects it and the salt tears initially sting but then cleanse.

“And alien tears will fill for him pity's long broken urn. For his mourners will all be outcast men, and outcasts always mourn.”

Oscar :D

More from the current Dalai Lama from me <3

"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others."

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama

“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
Dalai Lama