• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings - MKII

A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses.
Hippocrates

One word more. You look as if you thought it tainted you to be
loved by me. You cannot avoid it. Nay, I, if I would, cannot
cleanse you from it. But I would not, if I could. I have never
loved any woman before: my life has been too busy, my thoughts
too much absorbed with other things. Now I love, and will love.
But do not be afraid of too much expression on my part.

Love is everything...

Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'

Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either.

"before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water,
after enlightenment, chop wood, carry water"
zen proverb

(i might as well chuck in the shelley quote i always use in politics discussions):

'Rise like lions from your slumber,
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.'

(from the 'masque of anarchy', written in response to the peterloo massacre by percy shelley)

(i've used up all the quotes i remember now (that cree indian one i posted is on my fridge))

(you should attribute your quotes sam, out of interest (or have i just failed the test? ;)) (those last icky ones mustr have been ballard's crash is it?)

zen proverb

(i might as well chuck in the shelley quote i always use in politics discussions):

(from the 'masque of anarchy', written in response to the peterloo massacre by percy shelley)

(i've used up all the quotes i remember now (that cree indian one i posted is on my fridge))

(you should attribute your quotes sam, out of interest (or have i just failed the test? ;)) (those last icky ones mustr have been ballard's crash is it?)

OOOh love those Vurtual. 'rise like lions out of slumber' <3

I used to have this as a signature somewhere else:

'Wax on, wax off' Mr Miyagi.

Not Ballard, no, though the influence certainly seems apparent. Obscure and sadly out-of-print.

I don't attribute my quotes for several reasons. One being that I'd like people to maybe consider them without any prejudice. Perhaps something might resonate with somebody and they'll do some research and discover something precious. Also, more than a few are anonymous anyhow.

Besides, it'd just turn into "There he is, quoting Weird Al Crowley yet again.", or something. :)

zen proverb

love that.

"There's been a lot of upsetting, very upsetting things that I can't allow to happen anymore. I have to be like a soldier and march away. 'Cause I'm very delicate in a lot of ways, and things get to me, and affect me in a very adverse manner. I don't need that; don't need that.

I feel now like, minus something, you know, I feel faded; I don't feel like I'm all here. I think it'll come back; I hope it'll come back. There's a lot of colour missing, from the way I feel, and my face, and, you know, just everything. There's some kind of zest, or...life, you know, that seems to be faded temporarily, because I've been so drained, emotionally, by a number of things. That has to slowly build back up, and then it has to be kept sustained; it cannot be allowed to be diminished."

"A freak was someone who was too young to be a hippy, who didn't believe in Peace and Love or Space Trips or Ley Lines or any of that shit. We just believed in hard drugs, loud rock and roll and reasonably long hair."

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
John Lennon

"I see all the patients I like to talk to on the same day. I like talking to you."

A Living Hope
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.…1 peter 1:4

its the 'reserved in heaven for you' that I love most about that verse.