• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance Yikes, ~5 month T-break broken lately and surprised how different strain effects can be

I do think a lot of strains tend to just get you "stoned" and a good head high is harder to come by.
Meanwhile there's the continued myths about "sativa" being headier than indica, but I puffed my N.L a little too much last night and was jittery, euphoric, spaced out and full of energy at the same time. A strain that's 95% indica was headier than most sativas I've smoked. I think there's just a lot of placebo with the indica/sativa shit. I remember back in my late teens when the dealer would be like "yeah man this stuff is headies, you'll be full of energy" so naturally that's what we'd expect, and it affects the high somewhat.

Blue dream, now that's one I haven't had in awhile. One of my favorites for sure, so delicious.

I do think a lot of strains tend to just get you "stoned" and a good head high is harder to come by.
Meanwhile there's the continued myths about "sativa" being headier than indica, but I puffed my N.L a little too much last night and was jittery, euphoric, spaced out and full of energy at the same time. A strain that's 95% indica was headier than most sativas I've smoked. I think there's just a lot of placebo with the indica/sativa shit. I remember back in my late teens when the dealer would be like "yeah man this stuff is headies, you'll be full of energy" so naturally that's what we'd expect, and it affects the high somewhat.
Funny
in all the decades ive smoked / bartered / dealt
I dont recall anyone ever telling me what "type" of high to expect
other than the unwanted description from a budtender at a dispensary

Blue dream, now that's one I haven't had in awhile. One of my favorites for sure, so delicious.
I have some in my grinder now from yesterday with a Cheese Haze cross too.

I noticed the avatar change lol after it appeared I practically tried to commandeer you to select a better one than the 1969 Isle of Wight photo.

Because this day, 11/11/67, Syd really went out on one. I swear he never returned from that particular trip.

Funny
I was myself naive to this visiting Amsterdam in 2005.

A local in a gallery I was comandeered reluctantly to tour, asked me frankly "do you want to get stoned or do you want to get high?"

I said stoned, but it felt like I was drawing the short peg. Really, both? Do we have to pick now?

Can you explain the difference please?

Was my feeling at the time.

Now he just needed to say....do you seek a Sativa high, or an Indica stone?

There is a whole spectrum between there. Overlapping in various manners, individual ways of expressing the active's traits.

So it's a very fair question.

But requires a degree of appreciation on the user's part.

Just anoth case of the wide cannabis community being still so uneducated about even Sativa vs Indica, Hybrids, 50/50, 60/40 (i.e. OG UK Cheese at 60% Sativa vs "Psychosis" v heavy 90% Indica) and so on.

Our Autos are either 50/50 or 70/30 one way or other.

Personally I prefer Sativa, but isn't best for anxiety or sleep.

It's about 60 % Sativa my own intake though on whole.

It does make a difference.

I was myself naive to this visiting Amsterdam in 2005.

A local in a gallery I was comandeered reluctantly to tour, asked me frankly "do you want to get stoned or do you want to get high?"

I said stoned, but it felt like I was drawing the short peg. Really, both? Do we have to pick now?

Can you explain the difference please?

Was my feeling at the time.

Now he just needed to say....do you seek a Sativa high, or an Indica stone?

There is a whole spectrum between there. Overlapping in various manners, individual ways of expressing the active's traits.

So it's a very fair question.

But requires a degree of appreciation on the user's part.

Just anoth case of the wide cannabis community being still so uneducated about even Sativa vs Indica, Hybrids, 50/50, 60/40 (i.e. OG UK Cheese at 60% Sativa vs "Psychosis" v heavy 90% Indica) and so on.

Our Autos are either 50/50 or 70/30 one way or other.

Personally I prefer Sativa, but isn't best for anxiety or sleep.

It's about 60 % Sativa my own intake though on whole.

It does make a difference.
Ehhh, maybe
I get what youre saying about the difference in original strains vs all the blown out cross pollinated mass marketed bud for sale in the "stores"

Its just like someone telling you what youre going to experience first time you consume psilocybin

fuck that ...

I have some in my grinder now from yesterday with a Cheese Haze cross too.

I noticed the avatar change lol after it appeared I practically tried to commandeer you to select a better one than the 1969 Isle of Wight photo.

Because this day, 11/11/67, Syd really went out on one. I swear he never returned from that particular trip.
Supposedly he'd taken STP while out there, it was offered to George Harrison too by several people. But I think he ended up taking STP anyway because it was going around in the UK too (Super Trip Pill as they called it). It was like a 3-5 day trip instead of 1 day. That and mandrax really burnt him out. I think the whole "he did too much LSD' is a complete myth because you build tolerance to LSD so fast.

Funny
Might depend when you started I suppose. It was 11 years ago for me and I was 17, most dealers I knew were around the same age. This was just as the medical scene was really exploding so I was fortunate to smoke pretty much only the dankest of dank, but sometimes we'd get "headies" which was supposed to be like, homegrown that just happened to be really strong. Everyone called headies the stuff that gave you a head high. When I was new, everything gave me a head high though lol. It all just mindfucked me

Supposedly he'd taken STP while out there, it was offered to George Harrison too by several people. But I think he ended up taking STP anyway because it was going around in the UK too (Super Trip Pill as they called it). It was like a 3-5 day trip instead of 1 day. That and mandrax really burnt him out. I think the whole "he did too much LSD' is a complete myth because you build tolerance to LSD so fast.
Interesting and thanks for sharing although I have to strongly to speak to you on the tolerance Factor to LSD per say because I have taken myself at least half a g since 1996 and I actually experienced against all expectations the powerful reverse tolerance effect to the point where tolerance just doesn't affect me at all but this I believe involves the consciousness not just biological.

That photoshoot from 11th November 67 just so strongly displays classical images of a very deep LSD trip in particular but I don't dispute what you say and it will all make sense and add up.

Interesting, I haven't heard of a reverse tolerance of LSD. You mean microdoses over a period of time has reversed tolerance? For most people it builds really fast at least at higher doses.

Regarding another photoshoot around this time, I think he's on the quaaludes here. Notice how one eye is half open and he just looks totally sedated