• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Yet another question about Acid

I believe the only known LSD overdose that resulted in death was someone who INjECTED it in the Gram range. A gram of LSD is around 10,000 hits. I believe its pretty hard to kill yourself with acid.
As far as I know, people that develop mental disorders after an intense trip, do so because it already existed and just hadn't surfaced yet. This can happen on one hit or one hundred.
I've had several high dose trips(10 strip range) and lived to tell the tale.
I have friends who buy a sheet about once every two or three months and consume three or four hits at a time until its all gone, staying up for four or five days. They are a "little" strange, but not crazy, and able to hold down jobs, continue their education, etc.
Every bad trip I've ever had resulted from one of two things, either I was depressed before consuming it or something really shitty happened during the course of the trip that changed its tone. Its never been spontaneous. Acid is not a drug you take to cheer you up when your down.
If you want to take 20 hits of acid, you will probably be alright. Being out in public, however, is a stupid idea. When you're that out of touch with reality people DO notice, and most people know what someone on drugs looks like.
Besides the possibility of people recognizing that your on drugs and having you arrested, your in danger of hurting yourself and others.
If you desire to consume high doses of acid, my suggestion is to do it at someone's home, or out in nature. Have a group of people with you who are also going to be tripping, and have at least one person there to babysit.
Be Safe, Be Responsible. Check out erowid for high dose acid reports and read about the experiences of others.
Love,
Pure
------------------
Intelligence is not best measured by the answers you have but by the questions that you ask

Well one of my drinking buddies (this is not a friend of a friend) came with me to a party last June. We both took LSD, I took approx 15 blotters (real weak shit) over the evening and was tripping (but it never really took hold properly)
My friend done one of these blotters, fine. Next day fine. Didn't see him for a while. Next time I saw him (month or so). He had left his job, was living on coca cola (for the energy crystals) and two seperate brands of cigarettes - which he would join together using cigarette papers - as one brand hand a "speedy" feel and the other had an "opiate" feel.
He was constantly talking to himself, often talking about himself in the third person. It was like he was having a conversation with three other people all taking turns with his voice. It was difficult to have more than a one line conversation with him as he would soon drift back in to this state.
He finally completely flipped which involved smashing up his house. (front door ripped off, furniture broken and knives stabbed through walls, doors etc.) He was forcibly taken to a phsyciatic hospital where he was treated.
This was *not* the first time he had taken Acid, this was the *weakest* acid imaginable and he did not have a "bad trip".
When you take Acid there is always this risk, its rare but its real and the resulting condition can be devastating and last a long time.
Take care and good luck.
Jase.

Hardest I've ever tripped was off of a 10 strip of blotter. Took it at about 11:00 Within 15-20 minutes my legs felt extremly heavy and had to take my time walking. About 20 minutes later begin tripping pretty hard. When I would look at anything it would be covered in fractals(sp?) streaming accross it, kind of like the on the end of the matrix when everything looks covered in code. As the trip got more intense I would black in and out of consiousness wake up in diffrent places in the building I was in. At one point I thought I was on the roof when I was actually on the second balcony. Sometimes upon awaking I would find myself sitting next to people I didn't know and then yelling at them, other times I would wake up in the middle of walking. It was like even know I was blacked out and couldn't see what was going on, my body would continue to walk around and function without me. Another thing I remember is walking around just screaming stuff, in particular the names of friends. Also lost my walet that night and about $300 (not sure how, think i might have given it away). Finally at like 4:30AM I 'woke up' sitting outside the venue. I still had lots of visuals but pretty much had my mind back. I remember all kinds of people coming up to me and asking if I was ok afterwards, they all looked so familar but at the same time couldn't remember ever seing them.
------------------
-Seven-

The closest I've ever had to a bad trip would have to be my first one. For one part of the trip I had convinced myself I was dreaming. Because I KNEW I was dreaming I could also control my dream. I did a few stupid things and was confused why nothing did happened as I willing it to. The second part of the trip I regressed to a 5 year old. Temper tantrums and nudity recurred several times. I'm glad I have understanding friends. This was off of two gel caps.
I went over a year before I had anything resembling a bad trip again. A couple months ago I ate two blotter hits and one liquid hit and became a rock... literally. Afriend of mine kept bringing people to try and talk to me. They thought it was one of the funniest things ever. I would sit and stare no matter what they said to me. Luckily, I would still walk. They took me to a friend's house until I came out of my little cave or where ever I went.
Now, I have seen a bad trip first hand though. And for some reason it lasted well past the trip. My friend went with me to a house party. She ate 2 sugar cubes with one drop on each, that same amount I ate. She was fine for most of the night, but by the end thought that everyone she came with had "bugs" implanted in their ears and that the police were listening. Suddenly everyone became undercovers. We were bad people for offering her drugs because we all knew how much she hated taking them and how bad they are for us. She even went home and told her mom the whole story because she thought the police had already been to her house and searched it. This rational continued on for about 2 weeks before she finally snapped out of it.
I've also had a friend put a vial in his shoe. The cap came loose and a full vial minus maybe 10 hits leaked out all over his foot and sat there for at least an hour. He tripped for over 4 days then passed out, no ill effects.
I've taken upwards of 20 hits over a night and had a blast.
Everyone is different.
------------------
I live to learn and learn to live.

The closest I've ever had to a bad trip would have to be my first one. For one part of the trip I had convinced myself I was dreaming. Because I KNEW I was dreaming I could also control my dream. I did a few stupid things and was confused why nothing did happened as I willing it to. The second part of the trip I regressed to a 5 year old. Temper tantrums and nudity recurred several times. I'm glad I have understanding friends. This was off of two gel caps.
I went over a year before I had anything resembling a bad trip again. A couple months ago I ate two blotter hits and one liquid hit and became a rock... literally. Afriend of mine kept bringing people to try and talk to me. They thought it was one of the funniest things ever. I would sit and stare no matter what they said to me. Luckily, I would still walk. They took me to a friend's house until I came out of my little cave or where ever I went.
Now, I have seen a bad trip first hand though. And for some reason it lasted well past the trip. My friend went with me to a house party. She ate 2 sugar cubes with one drop on each, that same amount I ate. She was fine for most of the night, but by the end thought that everyone she came with had "bugs" implanted in their ears and that the police were listening. Suddenly everyone became undercovers. We were bad people for offering her drugs because we all knew how much she hated taking them and how bad they are for us. She even went home and told her mom the whole story because she thought the police had already been to her house and searched it. This rational continued on for about 2 weeks before she finally snapped out of it.
I've also had a friend put a vial in his shoe. The cap came loose and a full vial minus maybe 10 hits leaked out all over his foot and sat there for at least an hour. He tripped for over 4 days then passed out, no ill effects.
Everyone is different.
------------------

Everyone is different.
------------------

Everyone is different.
------------------

Nah, linolium, I'd like to hear the other half if you could be bothered typing it, cos you sure kept my interest with that long account.

Nah, linolium, I'd like to hear the other half if you could be bothered typing it, cos you sure kept my interest with that long account.

fairynymph - Awesome post!!! I loved it! Let's get married!!
whew....
smile.gif

That's some crazy shit you guys have reported. But your experiences are quite valuable. Have any of you had similar crazy ass trips like that on shrooms (or know someone who has)? I've never done either, so I don't know if shrooms can also push people over the edge as well.
------------------
Get your own binkie, this one's mine!!!