View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Xenon vs Nitrous Oxide

asdfghjk

Bluelighter
Does anyone have experience with both substances? If price were no object, which one would you prefer?

I'll probably just have to try them both and see which one I prefer. Xenon obviously more expensive, but I can stomach that. What else am I going to do with my money, pit it on a shelf and look at it?

No! Rather buy some good drugs. 😜

xenon is also harmless to the atompshere compared to NOS. NOS is a green house gas all those who do hippie crack is fucking up the atomsphere while xenon is natural and totally fine for the earth. I would huff some xenon if i could get it aswell.

I'll probably just have to try them both and see which one I prefer. Xenon obviously more expensive, but I can stomach that. What else am I going to do with my money, pit it on a shelf and look at it?

No! Rather buy some good drugs. 😜
Agreed, report back please :)

I didn't even know people used xenon as a recreational drug.

How have I been a drug user like nearly half my life and never learned this?

Now nitrous oxide I've done lots of times. I quite like it honestly. Though obviously not so much that I could be fucked having done it in like 8 years or something.

As. a rule they dont.

I find it to have recreational value but the main reason I opt for it over just nitrous and ketamine is that I'm frail enough that the relatively minor toxicity from those , which wouldn't be of concern to most recreational users , is to some extent a concern for me. And xenon is basically free from the side effects of both of those drugs, despite sharing a class

It is more enjoyable than nitrous but if the main purpose is recreational I'm not sure the cost difference is worth it . But I do think it has tremendous therapeutic value, especially if done regualrly

Interesting.

I never did nitrous frequently enough to have to worry much about neuro degenerative risks.

xenon is also harmless to the atompshere compared to NOS. NOS is a green house gas all those who do hippie crack is fucking up the atomsphere while xenon is natural and totally fine for the earth. I would huff some xenon if i could get it aswell.
Global warming is a scam though.
Its fine if you beleive that.
But the science is not closed to being settled.

Well i believe a natural ecological cycle will result in massive uplifts and changes in the earth by the end of century changing some countries i don't really blame man kind for it i see it as normal step of the earth to push towards the next step of evolution.

Will you guys please take that anti global warming shit to ceps where the retarded posts belong? Please?

The rest of the site doesn't need controversial arguments like capturing more heat = planet heats up. Arguing that the obvious is wrong is what ceps is for.

Global warming is a scam though.
Its fine if you beleive that.
But the science is not closed to being settled.
This is false. There is a strong scientific consensus. No serious scientist has any doubt whatsoever about the reality of anthropogenic climate change. Natural ecological cycle it might be, humans being a part of nature after all, but we do have the ability to stop a climate catastrophe if we act collectively as a species. Please, no more unscientific bullshit in this thread or I'll have to chop it out into a more suitable location. </liberal bias censorship> lololol :LOL:

Nitrous oxide is largely harmless while xenon is an inherently toxic solvent inhalant.

Give xenon a miss
This is also bullshit but you get a pass because it's OT and maybe just an innocent misunderstanding. Xenon is hardly "inherently toxic", there's really no evidence for this, it might have some yet-to-be-discovered dangers long term but as of now there is no reason to think it's any more dangerous than nitrous, and quite possibly less dangerous. Perhaps you're getting mixed up with the few Xenon Flouride compounds, which are strong flourinators and oxidators and therefore probably would be quite toxic if consumed, although they would also not (probably) have any psychoactive effect other than that introduced by inducing a corrosive poison into your body.

The XeFx compounds are quite interesting nonetheless, I read an article just today that showed it has been demonstrated that at superatmospheric pressures (like, SUPER high, 70 GPa+) Xenon can form Xenon Octoflouride, a black crystal, with compressive energy stored in the chemical bonds. There wasn't any real information about the practical applications of this research, whether these materials would be stable at lower pressures, if the compressive energy can be released in a controlled manner, etc... but, interesting shit for sure.

Anyway, I'm assuming this thread was perhaps inspired by the great Hamilton Morris' recent episode of his Pharmacope - a recommended and entertaining watch for sure... especially his narration on the cosmic origins of xenon and it's role in shaping our world now, in the past, and potentially in the future:

Please, no more unscientific bullshit in this thread or I'll have to chop it out into a more suitable location. </liberal bias censorship> lololol :LOL:
You've got more restraint than I do mate, I was about to just mass delete all the climate related posts. I'm a proud censurer on a privately owned website :) ain't no free speech in PD folks!

Okay, I'm being facetious, I apologize.

Please for the love of God, take it to CEPS if y'all have any further discussion about n2o and whether or not it effects atmospheric change.

OT: I've legit never heard of xenon gas being used as an inhalant. There's no Erowid page for it yet they have pages for panic gas like Carbogen. My curiosity is peaked. Is there any historical use of it in medicine?

Well theres no evidence that xenon does deplete b12 , and i believe that not all nmda antagonists deplete b12 , so it must be something specific to nitrous oxides pharmacology.

I guess one could argue that despite the studies and theory showing how safe xenon is, that it hasn't been used long term recreationally or even clinically ?(there may be some medium or long term studies on people or rats) purely bc of cost. But, interestingly, in some cases, the effect of b12 depletion by nitrous shows up in a single session of anesthesia... there are at least a few cases in the literature of this happening.
There is probably also some anecdata from these czech xenon clinics that certainly have regular , middle class or wealthy users. If xenon depleted b12 similarly, some of these people use heavily enough they should have some signs of neuropathy or spinal degeneration. Of course they seem like alternative medicinetypes, who aren't necessarily on drug forums especially english speaking ones. And the clinic owners seem unscrupulous and to not be likely to report all the side effects. It would be interesting to try and talk to some of the regulars and see if their physical exams and blood count are normal.
Russian athletes that dope with xenon might be another good existing case study.

What is the mechanism by which nitrous depletes b12? @sekio

Lmao. Xenon is neuroprotective and cardioprotective with no real side effects whereas nitrous is well known for causing neuropathy and even demyelination or spinal degeneration bc of b12 depletion with enough use, enough being relative (could be one use, there are case studies of significant harm by someone with anemia or b12 deficiency getting nitrous anesthesia )

The only way xenon can harm u is as an asphyxiant , which is true of every medical gas. But that only matters if you're hooked up to a circuit with a flow of it and not getting enough oxygen. Unlikely to become hypoxic from simply breathing it out of a balloon.
There we go. Xylene is what I was thinking of lol 😂

There we go. Xylene is what I was thinking of lol 😂
Is that one of the things in duster? I've heard of toluene or something , I assume its similar? Those things are definitely toxic and while they do make your voice deep and get you high, the similarities with xenon end there

Is that one of the things in duster? I've heard of toluene or something , I assume its similar? Those things are definitely toxic and while they do make your voice deep and get you high, the similarities with xenon end there
It’s used as an industrial solvent and in labs I think. My dad had some in his workshop when I was a teen locked in the house during opioid withdrawal and i huffed it basically as a fuck you to my parents lol

like let me get on methadone or give me back my morphine or I’ll brain damage myself huffing shit. Pretty childish really. But after all I was a child 😂