• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanny/seroqel combo for sleep!? its not helping like you'd think.

much different; been through hell and back w/ brain cancer, chemo therapy, etc. none of it helped w/ "sleep". trust me. being sick as a dog some nights, puking my guts out, barely getting a wink of sleep. and then there is the after issues when coming off chemo; another problem, which is happening right now.

Fuck man I am sorry to hear that, I was responding to the person who suggested mediation and yoga and obviously that dosent work for people with serious issues. I hope you are ok now man. I hope you get the rest you deserve. God bless you brother.

thanks, man. still a stage 2 tumor in the left frontal lobe of the brain. was once 6 inches - about 5 years ago. had surgery then and now its about 2 inches. the whole tumor connot be removed based on location or I would completely lose my memory; its bad enough as is. my first chemo was not as bad but this round was hell; I lost 40lbs, sleep was a nightmare, overall red and white blood cell count extremely low, energy not there, etc. the sleep pills helped me get what I could but now I am coming off and they are helping much more and I am trying to catch up and put that weight back on. has been a 1.5WKS and already 10lbs. they have me on this steroid/diet pill where I am putting on weight pretty quick I hope; would like to get back to the 170 I once was.

Have you tried Trazedone for sleep?
I've tried both, Trazedone and Seroquel knocked me out and left me hungover and practically unable to move the next day. But other people really like both of them. (Not together obviously)

trazadone never did a thing; I know its an anti-depressant which gets you sleepy but that sleepy part never worked w/ me. could take 400+MG and not even yawn.

sticking w/ the seroquel/xanny - xanny when needed and seroquel otherwise.

thanks, man. still a stage 2 tumor in the left frontal lobe of the brain. was once 6 inches - about 5 years ago. had surgery then and now its about 2 inches. the whole tumor connot be removed based on location or I would completely lose my memory; its bad enough as is. my first chemo was not as bad but this round was hell; I lost 40lbs, sleep was a nightmare, overall red and white blood cell count extremely low, energy not there, etc. the sleep pills helped me get what I could but now I am coming off and they are helping much more and I am trying to catch up and put that weight back on. has been a 1.5WKS and already 10lbs. they have me on this steroid/diet pill where I am putting on weight pretty quick I hope; would like to get back to the 170 I once was.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish you the best for the future. Have you talked to your doctor or psychiatrist about this issue? I would hope that they would take your sleep issues seriously after what you've been through and continuing to go through. They are possibly (though not necessarily! IME) in a better position to ask than us lot. Because it sounds like sleep is very important for your continued recovery, it changes the situation somewhat, and I see where you are coming from...you need sleep NOW, not in the long-term.

you'd think that but these Dr's dont know everything when it comes to an "addict" who has been through every sleep med in the world.

gotta do w/ what works and I tell them and they are OK w/ it. otherwise people will think 25MG Trazadone might be the answer - NOT EVEN CLOSE!

you would think a Dr. is the person to speak w/ but sometimes its just better to speak to others who have the same issues.