• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Xanax vs Klonopin vs Valium

It's interesting to see everyone's different reactions to benzos (I already knew this, but it's interesting to see people actually report about it)...

Valium is the only one that I actually feel really nice off of, the others just help my anxiety w/ no noticable "high"...of course, I've been physically dependent on benzos for over 7 years now, and I don't see myself being able to get off of them anytime soon...:(

Xanax next
Then Klonopin...
...although realistically, I'd probably choose Klonopin over Xanax, because the crash (short half-life) just kills me...plus Xanax (cold-turkey W/D) is the one I almost died from, so I could be a bit predjudiced... :\

Do yourself a favor though, don't take them everyday...getting hooked on benzos is just about the worst thing you could do to yourself. For real...

counteracting xanax dryness

Dunno about you all but I get awfully dry while consuming xanax. Just as some suggest that there are other "colors" of benzos, do others get more or less dry/cotton mouth and symptoms of dehydration with some benzos rather than others?

OK the benzos... good for hiding the pain.

valium- for me, its the weakest, least euphoric
i dont feel high from valium

xanax- for me, i get an intense rush with the confusion thing...
then i pass out, whether i want to or not, cant say i dont like it tho...\

klonopin- clonazepam has been my close buddy for about a year now
i get a very pleasureable rush as im coming up, maybe the first 45 min or so, after that it mellows out and cognitive skills are definately impaired but its pretty unoticable to you at the time, considerable loss of inhibitions. good with pot.... best of those three, i think

but like someother people have said dont get in the habit
cause it sucks when ur daddies pills dissapear

Well I would have to say I have been the most fucked up on clonazepam. Strange days and nights of which I have no recolection except for people telling me stupid and outrageous things i did, stuff I said, etc.

Valium is alright just to chill, and i have done xanax once and it didnt do much for me.

valium is the only benzo that i feel euphoric and high. the rest just knock me out and give me amnesia especially xanax.

Xanax- best for instant relief, absolutely horrible when trying to taper.

Valium- Little too weak for my tastes, does relax me, but too subtle.

Klonopin- Mild euphoria, great for comedowns and going to sleep, and seems to go best with weed and/or opiates out of the 3.

I'm prescribed klonopin, and am dependant on benzos in general right now. Valium used to be my choice benzo before i was prescribed klonopin, because with no tolerance the 2 basically feel the same to me, but now for me to "get off" in any way using benzos, it takes around 16-20 mg of k-pins, 200 mg valium, or 16-20 mg of xanax. I'm talking about taking each drug on its own, not that entire mix, heh.

Benzos definately arent worth it imo in the long run, but it's hard for me to enjoy a good oxy high now without at least 4-6 mg of klonopin in the mix.

Well, I actually like them all for different reasons, most of which have already been mentioned. However, Klonopin is my favorite out of the three.

Xanax - Kicks in very quick, good for Opiate withdrawal, and good if you want to go to sleep fast, especially during the after effects of a strong stimulant. Causes me to forget alot of things more than the others.

Klonopin - Slower onset, but once it gets going, it is extremely strong. It hits me harder than all three of these, and overall is just the best feeling of the three.

Valium - Feels quite good, more like Klonopin but on a lighter scale, gives me a pleasant dreamy feeling that I don't get quite as much with the others.

Ok I'm gonna add in a few more so you can see where I put valium

klonopin - nice buzz long effect
temazepam - quick kick and feels nice in highish doses
xanax - kick and sedating
lorazepam - mellow good for anxiety
valium - does little to nothing unless I take like 100mg and I don't have much of a tollerance.

Last edited:
Valium: Takes 30min to kick in and feels euphoric. Nice mellow body buzz but I can't sleep on them. I like them the most recreationally but aren't as good with anxiety as Xanax.

Xanax: currently prescribed and I have been taking them for anxiety/sleep for the past 7 years. Kicks in strong and fast but no real euphoria. Great for sleep. With a couple of beers, feels okay.

Klonopin: Similar to Valium, with less euphoria. Hard to wake up the next morning after taking a couple.

Ativan: Throw'em in the garbage. I don't feel a thing of them.

Dalmane: Tried in once prior to any other benzo use. Good for sleep. About as recreational as Benedryl, which puts me to sleep, of course.

Hey everybody! I know some folks think I'm a wicked buzz-kill, but I really am not a fan of "rate these drugs" threads in the Harm Reduction forums. We are not actually trying to reduce harm, we are just eating drugs based upon how "good" they are.

We can't even accurately define a drug as "good" or "bad" in the first place. Different things make different people hard for different reasons. Even we, ourselves change. Our tastes change.

My point is, even if a drug could possibly be rated on a good/bad scale, this wouldn't be the place for it. I have nothing against this sort of thing, but we have to keep the HR forums dedicated to HR. There is limited room on that front page and some folks have literal life or death problems they need help with.

I dont want to delete this as you guys have put a lot of time into this. I'm going to move it to DC, but they might not like it because there are at least a dozen fairly similar "rate the benzo" threads that I've seen over the years.