• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

XANAX takes hours to take effect

billyj

Bluelighter
Been hitting the xanax pretty hard the last few days. Five x 1mg tablet at once. The first time, major euphoria after about an hour. Second time, same. Third time, no effect at all until at least three houts later. Fourth time, no effect going on 5 hours now. I've read the more you take and build up tolerance the longer it takes your liver to metabolize it? Can this cause a serious health problem?

stick it under your tongue. let it dissolve (a bar) or better yet, crush a bar, and throw the powder under your tongue.

But it does kick in eventually - I'm curious as to why it takes HOURS. And I don't mean two or three hours. And yes, have tried it under the tongue but never noticed the difference.

on an empty stomach? maybe PH has somthing to do with it, its a 5 on the ph scale so i'm not sure it shouldn't matter really

I've never heard of building up a tolerance that quickly. Are you doing other types of drugs while you you're talking them?

I mean you tried sublingual n got nada. Sooooo either u metabolise it fast or.... are these from a prescription like pharnacy?

I'm not surprised you've lost the euphoria by the third consecutive day of taking that amount.

I'm not surprised you've lost the euphoria by the third consecutive day of taking that amount.
You consider 5mg alot? Hah god i wont even tell you how much ive taken at once BUT it is alot for someone naive to benzos and obviously taking them daily his body is gettinf used to them.

If ya take em daily expect not tolerance but to be getting used to the anxiety relieving effects

Hkwever his issue is that its taking so long to work which makes no sense for xanax since its so fast acting..

I consider it a lot for someone who isn't that experienced, who is taking that amount three days in a row.

I took him to mean he lost the euphoria altogether, and it took however many hours to feel the remaining effects. Yeah, no clue on that one.

Been taking them in relatively small doses (2 x 1mg a couple of times a day) for years. Just felt like getting out of it and took 5 the other day and BAM. We're talking not being able to raise myself to a seated position from such heavy sedation, slurring words and kind of feeling the way you do if your ecstasy comes on, for about 10 minutes.Took another 5 later the same day and BAM. Took another 5 the next afternoon and felt nothing for 2.5 hours then BAM. Took another 5 later that night at 6pm and went to bed at 1AM having felt NOTHING and actually wan't even that sleepy.

5MG is a lot for somebody without a tolerance. Even with a tolerance it is enough for a good sleep. Are these prescribed or coming from somebody's script? Street Xanax can be anything and who knows maybe the first 5 pills had more of whatever benzo or drug in them than the last 5. If they are legitimate, consecutive doses will raise tolerance temporarily and lessen effects. I'm not sure what euphoria you get from them but even in doses in excess of 10MG I just felt a sense of peace which was followed by broken memories so I never really understood the "high" of Alprazolam.

Xannax is deceiving , you were probably high in the sky. Those with benzos tolerances take huge amounts each day thinking it ain't working til everybody they met says the next day man you were fucked as haha

Regarding onset time, my psychiatrist prescribed me sublingual Xanax. The name is Niravam. They tasted like baby aspirin and fully kicked in around 30 seconds.

Xanax, swallowed orally, started working for me in 15 minutes.

I have never felt euphoric on a benzodiazepine nor a blackout.

I am on Valium now, I take 10mg every eight hours. I do feel relaxed and content.

I’m sleep-deprived so my apologies if this was a lame reply. I like Bluelight because you all are truly nice. The staff here is so supportive. I am getting mushy on you all. *blushes*

I wonder what you look like to somebody who sees you while you think that Xanax hasn't hit yet. You may feel like it's not working after a few days of abuse but I'm sure that others will know that you took something. I think you just got used to the first effects and you are still faded enough to not be able to feel it working after a few days of high dosing for a benzo naive person.

Hmm, dunno how you define naive. I've been taking/abusing them for 20 years or more. 5 is a lot but I've done 20 at once. I'm just curious why after 3 times getting a whack out of the 5 at once, the 4th time provided no sign of entrance at all. And I wasn't sleep afterwards, either. Pills came out of the same strip as the previous 5.

And there was no blackout, I sat and watched a few episodes of a TV show I haven't seen before and have full recollection of the plotline, cooked dinner, walked the dogs, spoke to a few business clients even. I wasn't drinking, but I wasn't benzo light or groggy either. It was like they were placebo pills, but as I said they came straight out of the same strip as the others.

today, the day after, I took three, and and 90 minutes later felt like I was floating a foot off the ground for 15 minutes. A very odd thing. Maybe just 5 dud pills or some unknown reason.

I didn't. I took 5mg earlier in the day, and 5mg that evening. 10mg total. A lot, and I never normally take that much. I was just experimenting.