• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax and euphoria

low n slow fo sho, ive just begun using , but yes just one in my pocket , 0.5 just in case, and im finding just having one in pocket makes me less anxious in some(psychosomatic) difficult activities i went thru in the last few weeks, out of 40 pills ive taken 8 in near a month and im a recovering pill head(fent) so yeah for me a bit of reassurance having that damn chit, still im shocked i didnt down them all, i owe BL and fear for this, but yeah like some said, no pleasure or high for me, just high perhaps to be a wee bit calmer, i see me getting hooked cos two 5`s can put to me sleep, and long ago i scored some bars,,,,,they were def fake, got more high snorting pixie sticks and pop rocks good times good times( think my 1st Q in BL, was can i snort ambien and i wasnt humilated here so never feel weird asking any thing was just desperate for quick sleep now im ejumacated, peace to you
drugs GIF by The Happytime Murders
I had a xan bar hook-up years ago. I could take a 1/4 of a pill after slamming dope during the day, and sleep like a baby. I never abused them because pills just weren't my thing. But at night, when i finally chilled out and stopped moving for the day...that is when the nod would kick in and the xan was just sweetener on top. I'M NOT RECOMMENDING THIS FOLKS!!!!

I might be the exception here, but I was on Xanax years ago and it was actually the opposite (dysphoria). Not only did it make me depressed and lethargic, but too much gave me sort of a "dark" feeling like everything was just very bad and wrong for some reason.
Worth quoting as this happens to me too. I don't take this drug much but a few times I had taken it after a stressful day and as it started kicking in something really aggravating happened at work or something to wire me out and I was left wired but drowsy,, depressed and uncomfortable. Seems if don't sleep these drugs don't feel that good. I also get meloncholy. Happens with all of them including etizolam. There had been nights I took an etizolam for sleep but was depressed that I would fall asleep quick and the next day of aggravation would come too quick. So I was whiny. I mean what kind of euphoric drug effect is that?

One time I had a life changing situation and had bad anxiety to where when the drug hit it melted stress away and actually was euphoric. Embarrasingly enough I tried to create anxiety in myself once to try and repeat that experience to no avail. 99% of the time these drugs dull just about all my senses and minds sharpness. So I save them for rare occasions.

Last edited:
^ yeah I get dysphoria from that class of drug too...they put me in the mindset of, who cares what happens, nothing matters at all anyway, everything's pointless, we're all doomed etc. Can't feel happiness, can't feel sadness, can't feel anything. lol not exactly an enjoyable headspace

xanax isn't morphine nor mdma ok

you could take valerian flowers and dont say hello try it

I will say when I use the to come down from a psychedelic trip they can be euphoric. In Oct about 10 hours after I took acid I was hungry but still wired from the after effects. 2 mgs of etizolam had me calm and eating within 40 minutes and the come down to a relaxing state after a very busy trippy day worked great. Any other time, unless I go right to sleep they don't do much in terms of enjoyment.

But those effects for that type of usage are not on the brochure but hey, figured I'd mention it. ;)

They are very useful for certain situations I think (for example, the comedown from psychedelic hallucinogens or stimulant drugs, or if you're having a panic attack after consuming cannabis or other drugs, etc.)...after you've been up for 12 hours on an acid trip they're definitely a welcome addition I think, I view them more just as a tool than something with recreational value on its own though imo. I don't even find them enjoyable in the combinations that many praise, like cannabis + BZDs or opioids + BZDs...to me they just subtract from a given experience, they don't provide anything or make the experience more enjoyable. But they're good to have in case of emergency (including self-induced emergencies lol)

I've heard multiple different accounts on people's experience with Xanax, some say it's the best drug ever created, some say it's nothing special, some say they had euphoria some say they didn't, so my question is what was your experience, and if you have a routine plz share it, what effects your experience using them, how much you used, etc. also for a first time user do you have any tips? ty in advance!
I got off a 7 year habit of Xanax and Klonopin everyday usage. The withdrawal was pretty intense, I would be careful to not use more than one or two times a week.

I used to love taking benzos 5 years ago because of (what I thought of then) the euphoric feeling.
But like many said, it wasn't really euphoria but more being anxious free. It felt like having more space in my mind.

Now that my anxiety significantly decreased, I don't feel much from taking them.

I agree on the hungry part. Makes me eat like a horse.

In terms of euphoria, if I had to pick between Xanax and alcohol, then alcohol would be more euphoric. But I don’t mean in a completely wasted drunken state, just a slight alcoholic buzz, meaning a couple of shots of hard booze and that’s it. Just to get that head buzz going, but nothing beyond that.

They without question lower inhibitions and perhaps that is what brings on THE EUPHORIA in people knowing this works and throws any anxiety out the window so they get rush and excited that magic has taken place in them? I guess best way I can describe them. I took couple and couple more back ion the late 90s. yeah felt like not under any pressure from things that usually worried me or I felt awkward doing. Things that before I would be very uncomfortable with or doing. Like Say like standing in line at High Dive board and wanting to do back flip and building up anxiety or maybe a test I needed to pass to graduate. Seems to squash fears and make worries non existent. Don; know exactly specific actions how it works but most Brain Drugs just unlock or add to chemicals already present in our bodies or brain systems. Very interesting and I am pretty fascinated by this seeing how all experts say we only use something like 10% to 15 % of brains capability ? So how do we get user
of his or her own Brain to get more usage of it>>>>>? Learn more how it works and ways t o repair it or enhance what is already there and not working to maximum potent-potential capability!

Benzos in general are not euphoric drugs.

People who have real anxiety issues are the ones who report euphoria or "the best drug ever" because anxiety is a devastating condition and to be free from it for a few hours is highly euphoric to them. People without anxiety just feel relaxed but not any euphoric relief.

Xanax is a bit different, it's probably the only benzo where people without anxiety sometimes report euphoria (which is why it's so popular), but not everyone.

Also, in the US most of the Xanax out there are fake, almost all of it is fake really and contains no alprazolam (Xanax)
Almost all of it ? I would think there plenty of people selling their scrips…it’s like with heroin a lot of people say it’s mostly fent but if that’s the case why did Mexico’s poppy production go up 20% from 2020 to 2021…it’s all who you know and how far you are from the source, obviously the cartel will use the fent to move it really far since it can be done in much smaller packages and the bulky real stuff stays closer to the boarder

Have severe anxiety and I’d agree the euphoria is more just about your anxiety dissipating, though Xanax unlike the other big 3 benzos is kinda ‘rushy’, I feel my anxiety just disappear in like 15-20min vs waiting an hour or more for kpin or ativan

Edit: would also say the better opiates/opioids calm me down just as well and feel muuuch better, they just have short half lives compared to some benzos so I prefer the long lasting benzos for anxiety

Almost all of it ? I would think there plenty of people selling their scrips…
I don't think so any more. 15-20 years ago yeah, everyone and their dog had benzo and oxy scripts, but they just don't hand it out like that anymore

I have not seen legit benzos on the street in many years. You can definitely find it on the dark net but it's basically 3x more expensive than the pressed pills.

Have severe anxiety and I’d agree the euphoria is more just about your anxiety dissipating, though Xanax unlike the other big 3 benzos is kinda ‘rushy’, I feel my anxiety just disappear in like 15-20min vs waiting an hour or more for kpin or ativan

Edit: would also say the better opiates/opioids calm me down just as well and feel muuuch better, they just have short half lives compared to some benzos so I prefer the long lasting benzos for anxiety
Totally agree, I’ve tried Valium,Ativan and Xanax and the only one I can say I actually feel something is the Xanax they others just eliminate my anxiety…

It’s still pretty simple to get a small script from a doctor by just saying your going to be taking a flight and your freaking out about it, it’s very common

Totally agree, I’ve tried Valium,Ativan and Xanax and the only one I can say I actually feel something is the Xanax they others just eliminate my anxiety…

It’s still pretty simple to get a small script from a doctor by just saying your going to be taking a flight and your freaking out about it, it’s very common
Alcohol wds seem to be the easiest for a short I.e. 1 week scrip but that’s not much either Ativan 3x a day or kpin twice a day. Lol I’m barred and can’t type

Edit they’ll try to give you Librium but I legit can’t take it cuz my throat closes up and I have to chew pills, try that if you want Ativan or something

Alcohol wds seem to be the easiest for a short I.e. 1 week scrip but that’s not much either Ativan 3x a day or kpin twice a day. Lol I’m barred and can’t type

Edit they’ll try to give you Librium but I legit can’t take it cuz my throat closes up and I have to chew pills, try that if you want Ativan or something
I’m actually scared of benzos after kicking a 60mg a day valium habit,I still have a bottle of them I brought back from Asia over two yrs ago,I might take 10mg once a month now tops.

My father was addicted to benzos and the withdrawal can be deadly very much like alcohol. Not a drug to use except for when it is needed i.e. death of a loved one, legitimate panic attacks, etc etc. Even then use sparingly….