• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax and euphoria

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
I've heard multiple different accounts on people's experience with Xanax, some say it's the best drug ever created, some say it's nothing special, some say they had euphoria some say they didn't, so my question is what was your experience, and if you have a routine plz share it, what effects your experience using them, how much you used, etc. also for a first time user do you have any tips? ty in advance!

That's all really subjective. I have heard that people with severe anxiety or panic experience "euphoria" from Benzodiazepines like Alprazolam (Xanax), but it seems to be less about the drug's direct effects and more just feeling awesome due to your panic qmelting away.

I'm an addict in recovery and I can't control my intake of virtually any substance save for Cannabis, but Benzo's just do nothing for me. I feel they just numb me, blunt my edges... like I don't feel anxiety but I really don't feel anything either.

I've always liked to have them for the come down of Amphetamines or Cocaine. It makes you feel like shit mentally and physically so not feeling isn't so bad for a few hours. Also, speed often leaves you in a purgatory in which you want to sleep but can't.

They will make you feel a little bit better if you're withdrawing. So, they have their uses. I would say a minority of users really love them in their own right. Compare that to people who love Heroin or Cocaine and it's pretty disproportionate.

For first time use I would recommend the same thing to anyone. Start with the smallest dose to test the waters and escalate as you understand what the drug does. In the case of Alprazolam, that is going to be 0.5mg or 1mg.

You should expect to feel the full effects of the drug by about an hour after ingestion provided you're not full. You have to be careful with Benzos though my friend. If you hang out around BL, you'll inevitably hear of fantastically shitty scenarios that all began with Benzos.

They can easily cause you to Blackout once you cross a fine line I'm terms or dosage. People blackout and then compulsively redose themselves not remembering how much they've taken.

Blackouts can be hilarious, buy they can also be tragic. So, the best advice I can give is to start low and go slow.

That's all really subjective. I have heard that people with severe anxiety or panic experience "euphoria" from Benzodiazepines like Alprazolam (Xanax), but it seems to be less about the drug's direct effects and more just feeling awesome due to your panic qmelting away.

I'm an addict in recovery and I can't control my intake of virtually any substance save for Cannabis, but Benzo's just do nothing for me. I feel they just numb me, blunt my edges... like I don't feel anxiety but I really don't feel anything either.

I've always liked to have them for the come down of Amphetamines or Cocaine. It makes you feel like shit mentally and physically so not feeling isn't so bad for a few hours. Also, speed often leaves you in a purgatory in which you want to sleep but can't.

They will make you feel a little bit better if you're withdrawing. So, they have their uses. I would say a minority of users really love them in their own right. Compare that to people who love Heroin or Cocaine and it's pretty disproportionate.

For first time use I would recommend the same thing to anyone. Start with the smallest dose to test the waters and escalate as you understand what the drug does. In the case of Alprazolam, that is going to be 0.5mg or 1mg.

You should expect to feel the full effects of the drug by about an hour after ingestion provided you're not full. You have to be careful with Benzos though my friend. If you hang out around BL, you'll inevitably hear of fantastically shitty scenarios that all began with Benzos.

They can easily cause you to Blackout once you cross a fine line I'm terms or dosage. People blackout and then compulsively redose themselves not remembering how much they've taken.

Blackouts can be hilarious, buy they can also be tragic. So, the best advice I can give is to start low and go slow.
ty for the advice, I appreciate it

I've heard multiple different accounts on people's experience with Xanax, some say it's the best drug ever created, some say it's nothing special, some say they had euphoria some say they didn't, so my question is what was your experience, and if you have a routine plz share it, what effects your experience using them, how much you used, etc. also for a first time user do you have any tips? ty in advance!
Benzos in general are not euphoric drugs.

People who have real anxiety issues are the ones who report euphoria or "the best drug ever" because anxiety is a devastating condition and to be free from it for a few hours is highly euphoric to them. People without anxiety just feel relaxed but not any euphoric relief.

Xanax is a bit different, it's probably the only benzo where people without anxiety sometimes report euphoria (which is why it's so popular), but not everyone.

Also, in the US most of the Xanax out there are fake, almost all of it is fake really and contains no alprazolam (Xanax)

Benzos in general are not euphoric drugs.

People who have real anxiety issues are the ones who report euphoria or "the best drug ever" because anxiety is a devastating condition and to be free from it for a few hours is highly euphoric to them. People without anxiety just feel relaxed but not any euphoric relief.

Xanax is a bit different, it's probably the only benzo where people without anxiety report euphoria (which is why it's so popular), but not everyone.

Also, in the US most of the benzo Xanax out there are fake, almost all of it is fake and contains no alprazolam (Xanax)
good to know, I have extreme anxiety and I've been trying to get my hands on xans for a while now but I think my psych may come through

I would echo the sentiment that euphoria is subjective and sometimes anxiety relief IS euphoria to people who suffer from chronic anxiety. That being said, xanax does not produce the kind of euphoria you get from opioids or dopaergic stimulants.

Last edited:
I would echo the sentiment that euphoria is subjective and sometimes anxiety relief IS euphoria to people who suffer from chronic anxiety. That being said, xanax does not produce the kind of euphoria you get from opioids or dopaergic stimants.
Yeah it's a bit like how it feels good after you take a massive shit you've been holding in too long. As someone whos fairly tense and anxious and has abused benzos I can definitely say that they 100% felt better and more "euphoric" when I was in a state of heightened anxiety before taking them. Where normally it would take an hour of breathing slowly and trying to relax myself to get back to a somewhat unsteady baseline, with a valium in half an hour I'm not just baseline, I'm carefree. And on top of that my muscles feel loose and all the tension from the stress is gone and I can just sit and not give a fuck about anything. Taking benzos while baseline on the other hand you might not even notice it til you stumble when walking and start forgetting things.

Depends on your definition of euphoria. Alprazolam (Xanax) is a downer. Doesn't fit my definition of euphoria. But then I've seen people talk about euphoria from opioids too. That ain't my experience either. Maybe I'm wrong and unfair here and confuse the word "euphoria" with "rush" (such as that from Cocaine or Crack) (even alcohol but in humongous quantities). I've had this same debate more than once around these parts. Rumor has it that if you take boatloads of the stuff there is an initial euphoria. But I cannot see that happening. So I wouldn't try it. Best case scenario: you'd start to relax and fall asleep and then wake up with a fucking horrible benzodiazepine hangover the next day/morning and spend the rest of the next day/morning operating in slow motion. I cannot see how it would be any different from nodding on opioids. But as always: I stand corrected and am open to opinions and those with experience in these matters.

doesn't exist...

IMHO
Well arguably and as one or two have noted here: if they take the edge off of whatever they're indicated for and that feeling of warmth and nothing else matters feels so good that it makes you want to shit you pants well then maybe that's euphoria to some people. Euphoria to me is something that hits hard and makes you feel fucking great and energetic and want to go out and paint the town red. Not sitting dozing off in some little cocoon and fooling yourself into thinking that all is great with the world.

There's only one thing that I'm fuck sure of and that's to not use benzodiazepines with SSRIs and opioids (Fentanyl). Certainly not if you picture a bright future ahead of you anyway. If you wanna just get plain fucked up and in a very bad way well then there you go. Then again and arguably: you could accomplish the exact same thing with vats of spirits, an SSRI, and benzodiazepines while possibly skipping over the scary bit! :ROFLMAO:

When you posted your other thread I kind of assumed it would come to this. If you are going to seek recreational affects from your prescription then you're going down a long dark road. You'll probably be fine for a couple years but eventually you'll hit a spot where you are severely dependent.

When I first used xanax maybe the first 25 times I found it to be the best drug. Very calming, sedating, and relaxing. At the time I was 15 and only used mdma, weed, and alcohol. I loved benzos. When I first tried oxycodone I learned what true euphoria was and realized benzos don't really have much of it.

There are benzos with extreme euphoria like flubromazolam and clonazolam but they are insanely dangerous and habit forming. Next I would put midazolam. Next clonazepam and valium. Last alprazolam(xanax) and lorazepam.

Benzos mellow you out, relax you, stop all negative emotions or thoughts but come with little euphoria. There is a hint of something there and will be found much more enjoyable to younger adults or teens and people who suffer from anxiety and panic. Those people find benzos euphoric.

Benzos are one of my favorite drugs next to opiates and psychedelics. I used them for 14 years before forming a mild dependancy but few are that lucky. Once you master anxiety and find your place in this world and the courage and confidence that accompanies that then the less you find a need for such drugs. I now only use benzos to sleep after using LSD or mushrooms or maybe once every 3 months as a treat. I can get by with 0.5mg.

First timer should take 0.5mg of xanax and probably be out cold within 90 minutes. With your tolerance to gabapentin and klonopin you would likely need 1.5-2mg to have a recreational effect.

OK, Question, now that we are on the topic of benzos. I'm prescribed 0.5 2x a day. A year ago, I was given 120 tabs a month. I had an extremely stressful month in which I was referred to an oncologist because I had leukopenia, basically no white blood cells. My doc is heroin. Dodged the hep and HIV bullets. So, because I took 2 fucking extra pills in a WEEK, I got knocked down to 14 pills every 7 days.
Motherfuckers. I only feel euphoria when I already have dope in my system. Otherwise, I need to take 2 or even 3 to chill out. I can also get about 4 hours of sleep and that is a godsend since I have PTSD and insomnia. I get generic xanax (alprazolam) and was wondering if getting the name brand stuff would work better or no real difference. Last month I jumped off of it at 1mg. Felt shitty for about a week, by day 17 was feeling pretty damn good. And no heroin either. So, long story short: does the label matter?????

thanks y'all

Ok, I lied. One more question. My PCP wants to eventually taper me off the xanz. I have read on here that replacing the xanax with valium makes it a little easier on the system when coming off?? If I ask my PCP about this, is she going to look at me like I am some scumbag trying to score a harder benzo? She knows nothing of my heroin history. No fucking way I was divulging that.

is she going to look at me like I am some scumbag trying to score a harder benzo?
Not if she knows what she's doing. And Valium isn't a "harder" benzo. It just has a longer half life than Xanax. Which means it takes longer to get out of your system and which means it more predictable when tapering. With Xanax, and because of its relatively short half life, it's a constant up and down when tapering i.e. one day withdrawal symptoms may set in but then the next day not and so on and so forth. There's no set of rules and 101 things that come into play in this when it comes to benzodiazepines that have a relatively short half life.

Good luck though is all I can say. If there's one thing I've learned in the last 15 years: there's people around here that know a FUCK load more than most medical professionals (and ESPECIALLY Pharmacists i.e. only thing they're good at is reading the fucking label and noting the scheduling status) when it comes to benzodiazepines.

Here's a table indicating the various benzodiazepine equivalences. 10mg Valium is equivalent to 0.5mg of Xanax. But note the difference in the half lives.

And in just what you've read here (hopefully): I'll bet that you now know more than she does!

What I'd like to know is why we're even having this conversation i.e. you'd jumped from 1mg for a week and then to nothing for 17 days! The battle was already fought and won by that time!

low n slow fo sho, ive just begun using , but yes just one in my pocket , 0.5 just in case, and im finding just having one in pocket makes me less anxious in some(psychosomatic) difficult activities i went thru in the last few weeks, out of 40 pills ive taken 8 in near a month and im a recovering pill head(fent) so yeah for me a bit of reassurance having that damn chit, still im shocked i didnt down them all, i owe BL and fear for this, but yeah like some said, no pleasure or high for me, just high perhaps to be a wee bit calmer, i see me getting hooked cos two 5`s can put to me sleep, and long ago i scored some bars,,,,,they were def fake, got more high snorting pixie sticks and pop rocks good times good times( think my 1st Q in BL, was can i snort ambien and i wasnt humilated here so never feel weird asking any thing was just desperate for quick sleep now im ejumacated, peace to you
drugs GIF by The Happytime Murders

OK, Question, now that we are on the topic of benzos. I'm prescribed 0.5 2x a day. A year ago, I was given 120 tabs a month. I had an extremely stressful month in which I was referred to an oncologist because I had leukopenia, basically no white blood cells. My doc is heroin. Dodged the hep and HIV bullets. So, because I took 2 fucking extra pills in a WEEK, I got knocked down to 14 pills every 7 days.
Motherfuckers. I only feel euphoria when I already have dope in my system. Otherwise, I need to take 2 or even 3 to chill out. I can also get about 4 hours of sleep and that is a godsend since I have PTSD and insomnia. I get generic xanax (alprazolam) and was wondering if getting the name brand stuff would work better or no real difference. Last month I jumped off of it at 1mg. Felt shitty for about a week, by day 17 was feeling pretty damn good. And no heroin either. So, long story short: does the label matter?????

thanks y'all
i wonder this to, generics over brand name for xanax..prolly the, but some have said different

I personally believe it to be somewhat evil. My boyfriend and I went to a quAck Dr many years ago and they prescribed us both 3 2ml Xanax and 3 2ml Klonopin a day... needless to say I don't remember being 22 at all. They ended up causing insanely bad anxiety in both of us (which is ironic because that's what it is supposed to help) and our heroin habit just really got away from us. Granted that Dr had no business giving two using heroin addicts who were also both on methadone any kind of narcotic, but of course we weren't complaining. I just think it's something that if you have never had the experience with, there is really no reason to start. It will really take you down fast and hard. It turns people into psychos and it's really hard to be around folks who are strung out on that shit

Not if she knows what she's doing. And Valium isn't a "harder" benzo. It just has a longer half life than Xanax. Which means it takes longer to get out of your system and which means it more predictable when tapering. With Xanax, and because of its relatively short half life, it's a constant up and down when tapering i.e. one day withdrawal symptoms may set in but then the next day not and so on and so forth. There's no set of rules and 101 things that come into play in this when it comes to benzodiazepines that have a relatively short half life.

Good luck though is all I can say. If there's one thing I've learned in the last 15 years: there's people around here that know a FUCK load more than most medical professionals (and ESPECIALLY Pharmacists i.e. only thing they're good at is reading the fucking label and noting the scheduling status) when it comes to benzodiazepines.

Here's a table indicating the various benzodiazepine equivalences. 10mg Valium is equivalent to 0.5mg of Xanax. But note the difference in the half lives.

And in just what you've read here (hopefully): I'll bet that you now know more than she does!

What I'd like to know is why we're even having this conversation i.e. you'd jumped from 1mg for a week and then to nothing for 17 days! The battle was already fought and won by that time!
I go back to it when I'm 'waiting on the (wo)man'. The withdrawals are the same and different as dope, if that makes any sense at all?! Last bags of dope I bought- 2 and 1/2 grams, lasted me 3 fucking
weeks! I used to do a gram to a gram and a half a day at my height of addiction. So, in that regard, I feel I've made tremendous progress. Coming off heroin now is cake compared to before. The benzos, man. Fuck. I feel like I'm plugged into an electrical outlet. Chills, hot, repeat. No energy. Brain fog. And they aren't built for sleep, but I can usually get some. But I have to double, triple up the dose. And for having only 14 pills, I am grateful that I can't really go down the rabbit hole. I stock up on the xanax when my dope comes through. I don't care for them, they just take the edge off when I am
fiending for what I really want. Fucking life of an addict:mad: