R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Advice Writing book and have questions about relationships between women

Rainman1964

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I'm writing a book and I thought you guys might be able to give me some insight on my research. Can anyone give me their own or someone else's experience in being the girlfriend and making friends with the ex-wife, or the ex-wife and her perspective on the girlfriend? I am hoping I can get different stories. Nothing goes into the book, and everything is confidential in the sense that if you prefer to private message me that would be fine. I just want to know if it is uncommon for this type of relationship to occur.

Any comments or feedback is appreciated.

V

Hello.
So I am the X girlfriend. I am friends with the new girlfriend of my X. Things were super cool at first. We even all 4 of us ( me, my fella, my X and his girlfriend ) went out to some gigs together, then we hit an odd patch where she wouldn't speak to me. I dunno why. And we study at the same Uni ( both mature students ) so that was odd but now we are all buddies again. I think Im quite lucky in that I have kids with the X so we have always tried to get on since we split up. If you're interested in more deets lemme know.

Hello.
So I am the X girlfriend. I am friends with the new girlfriend of my X. Things were super cool at first. We even all 4 of us ( me, my fella, my X and his girlfriend ) went out to some gigs together, then we hit an odd patch where she wouldn't speak to me. I dunno why. And we study at the same Uni ( both mature students ) so that was odd but now we are all buddies again. I think Im quite lucky in that I have kids with the X so we have always tried to get on since we split up. If you're interested in more deets lemme know.
Thank you for responding. Does she respect you for being the mother of his children?

V

Thank you for responding. Does she respect you for being the mother of his children?

V
Yeah totally man. She also has 3 kids so when my 2 are there, there are 4 kids ( one of hers left home already) and my fellas son is grown and left home too. So between the 4 of us we have 6 kids and really it all works out.

THis is the lounge you fucking mongo
Shit, still half asleep.

Well I'm moving it to SLR in that case.
OP seems to be looking for serious responses.

TL -> SLR

My partner is still friends with a couple of people she used to have sex with. They're ten years younger than me. I don't care about that sort of thing in the slightest. In fact, I'd be happy for all of us to get together and do a reunion special.

I started dating my missus when I was fucking someone else. Wasn't really a relationship (with the other girl) but I never broke it off either way. I didn't ghost her or anything. I just stopped calling. Years later I ran into her and there was no bad blood but she did mention the fact that I just disappeared one day.

As for my ex-wife, I didn't speak to her for nearly 10 years after she broke up with me - over the phone - from the other side of the world. Now, I wouldn't say we're friends but we're on good terms. I'm happy that she found someone and had kids of her own (although he killed himself last year so that sucks) and I think my ex-wife is happy for me... although I wonder sometimes if she regrets leaving.

I've never understood why people mourn relationships for so long. If someone doesn't want to be with you, that's it. It hurts sometimes, but it's not the end of the world. There are other fish in the sea... It's different if you have kids. That massively complicates everything. Often, it's impossible to completely remove your partner from your life in that situation. You still need to interact with each other if you're raising a child. At least, you do when the kids are school age anyway.

But no kids, fuck it.
I've been there, though.

When my first marriage first broke up, I didn't want to accept it. I was angry about it. It felt like I wasn't in control of my life. Somebody had pulled a switch and an air lock was slowly opening. All of the useless shit I collected throughout that relationship, lining our shelves, starting to shift on the spot slightly. Then things are airborne. Memories are unravelling. Priceless words are losing value and becoming unfamiliar. Flaws cease to be charming. Things are said that cannot be rationalized. It was ugly, but I kept holding on long after that. Long after she was gone. Holding on to nothing in a house full of cardboard boxes.

I used my relationship as an excuse to abuse drugs, so it followed logically that I should used the collapse of my relationship for the same reason. It was a more powerful excuse, after all. The way things ended, nobody could blame me.

I didn't blame her. I blamed me. I wanted to talk to her, but she stopped responding to my emails. She said she found someone new. Said she wanted me to send all her stuff to her via international post. Said she wanted a divorce. I guess maybe I stopped responding. I sent some of her stuff. I was barely functioning. After she left, I turned 30 years old and I had nothing so I finally let go of my fear and I dove headfirst into drugs.

Then I got this horrible note in the mail from her lawyers, months later. I don't remember a lot from that time in my life, but I remember this note. It was just before I went into rehab. They wanted me to sign it and send it back to them. It basically said that I was abusive and the end of the marriage was my fault.

She'd said this to me, via email. The court system where she lives is super conservative and religious and they need one of the parties to take blame.

Well, fuck me if I'm going to sign anything like that.

I have no hard feelings. We both did and said things we regret. I got a nostalgic message from her the other day about a Mr. Bungle album we used to listen to when we had mushrooms. It's nice to reconnect, but I don't feel any romantic feelings anymore. I love her, but she's from a very different part of my life.

Sad to say, I'm having some problems in my current relationship. I'm not very "good" at relationships in the sense that I approach them more like an autistic person than someone who has read a textbook. I don't like lying. I don't tell women what they want to hear.

If we ever break up, for whatever reason, I will always remain her friend and I will always love her. If she cheated on me, I would forgive her immediately. There is no point doing otherwise. You can't force someone to be with you. Either both parties want to be together, or they don't.

TL;DR
I don't stop loving people because they stop loving me.

I am - indeed - a bird.

I am a European Swallow, originally of African ancestry... hence my ability to carry a this conversation while juggling a one pound coconut.

Last time I checked I had a penis, or whatever birds have.

Was this supposed to be a thread about lesbians or something?

What am I missing?

My posts were rambling but basically saying there's no bad blood between anyone. It doesn't matter if someone used to be with someone else unless you insist it matters.

My partner is still friends with a couple of people she used to have sex with. They're ten years younger than me. I don't care about that sort of thing in the slightest. In fact, I'd be happy for all of us to get together and do a reunion special.

I started dating my missus when I was fucking someone else. Wasn't really a relationship (with the other girl) but I never broke it off either way. I didn't ghost her or anything. I just stopped calling. Years later I ran into her and there was no bad blood but she did mention the fact that I just disappeared one day.

As for my ex-wife, I didn't speak to her for nearly 10 years after she broke up with me - over the phone - from the other side of the world. Now, I wouldn't say we're friends but we're on good terms. I'm happy that she found someone and had kids of her own (although he killed himself last year so that sucks) and I think my ex-wife is happy for me... although I wonder sometimes if she regrets leaving.

I've never understood why people mourn relationships for so long. If someone doesn't want to be with you, that's it. It hurts sometimes, but it's not the end of the world. There are other fish in the sea... It's different if you have kids. That massively complicates everything. Often, it's impossible to completely remove your partner from your life in that situation. You still need to interact with each other if you're raising a child. At least, you do when the kids are school age anyway.

But no kids, fuck it.
I've been there, though.

When my first marriage first broke up, I didn't want to accept it. I was angry about it. It felt like I wasn't in control of my life. Somebody had pulled a switch and an air lock was slowly opening. All of the useless shit I collected throughout that relationship, lining our shelves, starting to shift on the spot slightly. Then things are airborne. Memories are unravelling. Priceless words are losing value and becoming unfamiliar. Flaws cease to be charming. Things are said that cannot be rationalized. It was ugly, but I kept holding on long after that. Long after she was gone. Holding on to nothing in a house full of cardboard boxes.

I used my relationship as an excuse to abuse drugs, so it followed logically that I should used the collapse of my relationship for the same reason. It was a more powerful excuse, after all. The way things ended, nobody could blame me.

I didn't blame her. I blamed me. I wanted to talk to her, but she stopped responding to my emails. She said she found someone new. Said she wanted me to send all her stuff to her via international post. Said she wanted a divorce. I guess maybe I stopped responding. I sent some of her stuff. I was barely functioning. After she left, I turned 30 years old and I had nothing so I finally let go of my fear and I dove headfirst into drugs.

Then I got this horrible note in the mail from her lawyers, months later. I don't remember a lot from that time in my life, but I remember this note. It was just before I went into rehab. They wanted me to sign it and send it back to them. It basically said that I was abusive and the end of the marriage was my fault.

She'd said this to me, via email. The court system where she lives is super conservative and religious and they need one of the parties to take blame.

Well, fuck me if I'm going to sign anything like that.

I have no hard feelings. We both did and said things we regret. I got a nostalgic message from her the other day about a Mr. Bungle album we used to listen to when we had mushrooms. It's nice to reconnect, but I don't feel any romantic feelings anymore. I love her, but she's from a very different part of my life.

Sad to say, I'm having some problems in my current relationship. I'm not very "good" at relationships in the sense that I approach them more like an autistic person than someone who has read a textbook. I don't like lying. I don't tell women what they want to hear.

If we ever break up, for whatever reason, I will always remain her friend and I will always love her. If she cheated on me, I would forgive her immediately. There is no point doing otherwise. You can't force someone to be with you. Either both parties want to be together, or they don't.

TL;DR
I don't stop loving people because they stop loving me.
Wow....very deep and heartfelt. You actually moved me. Especially the part where you said if someone doesn't want to be with you that's and to just over it. I'm paraphrasing. Have faith in yourself because the right person for you is out there and you will find out that you are good at that relationship, because it will be effortless.

I am - indeed - a bird.

I am a European Swallow, originally of African ancestry... hence my ability to carry a this conversation while juggling a one pound coconut.

Last time I checked I had a penis, or whatever birds have.

Was this supposed to be a thread about lesbians or something?

What am I missing?

My posts were rambling but basically saying there's no bad blood between anyone. It doesn't matter if someone used to be with someone else unless you insist it matters.
It doesn't matter what sex you are. If you have a heart, then that is all that matters.

V

Can anyone give me their own or someone else's experience in being the girlfriend and making friends with the ex-wife, or the ex-wife and her perspective on the girlfriend?
Not my own experience,at least not directly. My mom and my syepdad's X didn't get along for many years. There were some really stupid things the X did, nothing too serious but annoying all the same. I was a teen then, and in boarding school, so I did get only some of the stuff that was going on. Time passed, I started my own life and then came the baptism of my stepsister's son. My mom and stepdad had moved to another country, but my mom was visiting so she asked me to go to that event with her, and I was extremely surprised to see my stepdad's X and my mom not only getting along fine, buy actually sharing some of their stuff and asking each other for advice. Later my mom told me she and the X got over things, are maybe they aren't bestis, but have a good relationship. Go figure!
Again some years passed, I'm now living in the same country my mom.and stepdad moved to (their native country) and when things between her and my (now X) stepdad began to get bad, I found out he and his X had been scamming my mom off her inheritance. I'll spare you the rest of the story with all it's legal crap.

Thing is: No matter how long people have been separated, and why they did in the first place, a woman should always be careful about his man's X (I'm referring here to a classic hetero relationship, I have no information about homosexuals in this context).
I was never able to even talk to my guys' Xs, which was mostly because they didn't even want to hear my name. I was even threatened by two if them (Xs from different guys).

Hope this gives you another perspective on how things between Xs and new gf can go.

Last edited:
Thanks
Not my own experience,at least not directly. My mom and my syepdad's X didn't get along for many years. There were some really stupid things the X did, nothing too serious but annoying all the same. I was a teen then, and in boarding school, so I did get only some of the stuff that was going on. Time passed, I started my own life and then came the baptism of my stepsister's son. My mom and stepdad had moved to another country, but my mom was visiting so she asked me to go to that event with her, and I was extremely surprised to see my stepdad's X and my mom not only getting along fine, buy actually sharing some of their stuff and asking each other for advice. Later my mom told me she and the X got over things, are maybe they aren't bestis, but have a good relationship. Go figure!
Again some years passed, I'm now living in the same country my mom.and stepdad moved to (their native country) and when things between her and my (now X) stepdad began to get bad, I found out he and his X had been scamming my mom off her inheritance. I'll spare you the rest of the story with all it's legal crap.

Thing is: No matter how long people have been separated, and why they did in the first place, a woman should always be careful about his man's X (I'm referring here to a classic hetero relationship, I have no information about homosexuals in this context).
I was never able to even talk to my guys' Xs, which was mostly because they didn't even want to hear my name. I was even threatened by two if them (Xs from different guys).

Hope this gives you another perspective on how things between Xs and new gf can go.
Thanks lecroute! I appreciate the feedback.

Come on guys....does no one else have anything to tell me about their relationship with the ex? I'm especially looking for a relationship that has been very close from the beginning. A special, but incredibly rare and enduring friendship that has come upon you without any effort. Even someone else's story. I am pushing for this because it appears, so far, that the story I'm writing is just this type of special relationship. I keep hearing that it is not normal for the girlfriend and the ex-wife/mother of guy's child to become close and find a lifetime friendship.

Here is another question: Is this type of relationship really out of the norm?

thanks for your feedback.

V

My ex told me these horrible things about the girl he was engaged to before me. After the divorce, I started talking to her, and, SURPRISE! She wasn’t the horrible person he made her out to be. Not only that, but he had told me a twisted (from her perspective) version of events, set up to make him look totally innocent and her look psychotic. From this, I learned that if a guy tells you all these horror stories about their ex, probably you should take it with a grain of salt. And maybe not date that person, either, because just imagine what they’ll say about you, later?

I’ve met some of his current gfs. They’re all very nice (well, with one notable exception, but he knows she’s nuts by now, lol) and I endeavored to be friendly and polite back. The only thing I care about now is that they’re good to my kids. My kids are the saving grace of that whole shitty relationship, and they’re the thing I’m most proud of. But I do wonder what he’s told his gfs, lol. I think of it with amusement these days because I know that he’s a narcissist (officially diagnosed) and any of those girls that want him are welcome to him. I just feel more sorry for the girls in the end; he’s changed a bit for the better, but not THAT much. They’re still gonna have to put up with the fact that HE is the center of the world in his eyes (before even his kids, which was and is a major problem.) Honestly, anyone who puts up with that long-term has serious self-esteem issues. Take it from someone who knows. 🙋🏻‍♀️