• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Wow... LSA blew LSD out of the water had the best trip of my life last night.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but to me eating 21 grams of morning glory seeds and then projectile vomiting because you can't get LSD is right up there with purposefully overdosing on loperamide because you can't get a better opiate. Or Benadryl. Or DXM.

But I guess some people will do anything to get 'high.'

Has anyone worked out the deal with LSA? It always quoted as the active ingredient yet as a pure compound hasn't produced psychedelic effects from everything I have read; it is just idiosyncratic to individuals? my one experience of tripping off lysergide containing seeds was like a near baseline dose LSD and being ill but it clearly works for some.

The strongest trip I've ever had was on 45 grams HBWR seeds. I regularly do HIGH doses of DMT and shrooms...and 45 grams HBWR blew 'em ALL outta the water...so to all those Fucks out there who think that the only reason someone does LSA is because they "can't get real drugs" can kiss my white ass.

I don't know why some people seem to be resistant to full blown psychedelic experiences from LSA-containing plants, but I certainly am not one of them. I do agree that the strictly recreational potential of LSA is quite low. They are mind-expanding tools, not really appropriate for the wide range of circumstances that LSD can be appropriate for. I had great experiences with these when they were used in a ritualistic, shamanistic fashion. Incense. The preparation of the seeds. Meditation and chanting. Ingest the seeds. Stretch. Fight the urge to throw up. Most end up purging. I never did throw up, which may be why I seemed to trip harder than everyone else in the group. But then, out of nowhere, dreamland. It will take you to another dimension for a full 24 hours if you get the full dose in there (at least it will me). At +4 hours, it's all mindfuck, no visuals. Music is no longer mere sound, but colonizes all of time and space. Memory completely re-differentiated. +8 hours I'd be getting full on walls melting, objects morphing, kaleidoscopic patterns. +10 hours, and not-dancing is almost impossible. +16 hours and your mind's all lifted, thinking thoughts about the universe and being so joyful to even be alive after the utter strangeness of what happened.

Ah, if only I was in a phase of life where I had time for 24 hour trips anymore. The beautiful blue dream awaits...

I too found LSA to be extremely visual and even more so euphoric.
I saw Sin City in theaters my first HBWR seed trip, I remember every scene in which the film had color( if youve seen sin city then you know what I mean) I would be engulfed with a euphoria better than sex, better than pure MDMA. I remember thinkin I felt so good that people around me could feel the euphoria glowing off me. Lol

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the read:)

I had a pretty bad trip on 700 morning glory seeds (not sure how much that weighed)

3.5 hours of crippling nausea, maybe two hours of 'peaking' with almost no visuals and really really intense vasoconstriction in my leg, it felt like my veins in my leg were gonna break they were being tugged on so hard just from walking. Smoking weed didn't even make it better and for some reason the smoke wasn't very tasty while I was on 700 seeds. I actually fell asleep, which has never happened again on a psychedelic since. I woke up that morning and tripped for like 5 more hours while getting my haircut with my dad.

definitely not euphoric or better than clean LSD by any means but it was a spiritual experience where I discovered, 'we're all just robots programmed to carry out our lives.' and many things about the nature of love.

tbh another time when I took ~150 seeds and listened to the beatles and worked on an art project was actually better.

I've never done LSD itself. However, my experience with Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds (on a few different occasions, but most notably an extract with 9 seeds in alcohol), has been truly magical. Far more empathogenic than any other psychedelic I've tried. An incredible empathy--yet it felt like an intellectualized empathy. Not just the feel-good push of more traditional empathogens.

Moreover, while most tryptamines make me feel "buzzed" or "stoned" or otherwise... some of you may argue with this, but... less intelligent, my experience with LSA actually felt intelligence-increasing in the literal sense. Of course I didn't have the test protocol to confirm this in any scientific manner. But I felt like I was thinking more thoughts and faster than when sober. And these weren't stupid, stoned thoughts giving important meaning to things that don't have much meaning. They were clearheaded, analytical, considerate of emotional attachment and yet devoid of emotional interference.

Some side notes. HBWR taste god-awful. The first time wasn't so bad, but each time got progressively worse. And the extract mostly solved the nausea issues for me at lower doses, but during my 9 seed experience I had the worst nausea I've ever experienced. And this nausea didn't fade, but persisted throughout the entire trip, all the way until I finally threw up late in the night. Remarkably, this nausea didn't ruin my trip--though it was an incredibly intense sensation, I found myself capable of sort of partitioning it and moving past it. I couldn't ignore it, but I could think about other things despite its presence. To be fair, this 9-seed extract--unlike the others-- sat unrefridgerated in a bookbag for two weeks for being used. It's quite likely that its sitting for so long allowed more of the "toxins" from the seeds to leech into the extract. (Although I've also heard it claimed that LSA itself has these nauseating properties, and no amount of extraction or purification can circumvent them).

Also noteworthy is intense vasoconstriction. The only time I've experienced vasoconstriction more intense than this was when megadosing 5-meo-MIPT (~30-40mg). However, yohimbine hcl proved to be an effective relief to this vasoconstriction, while also conveniently alleviating some of the sedation of the LSA. I know it was the yohimbine that successfully treated it, because it felt it early in my experience, then did not feel it for the next few hours after taking the yohimbine, and then felt it again later in the night after the yohimbine had worn off.

All in all, though I have thoroughly enjoyed the tryptamines I've used, my experience with LSA from HBWR has made me incredibly eager to try real LSD, or perhaps other analogues like LSZ or AL-LAD.

EDIT: Though I certainly felt "good" or "content," and the afterglow was simply amazing, I noticed markedly less euphoria from LSA than from mushrooms. However, the psychological satisfaction from the experience has been long lasting. I feel as if, during that trip, I came to some serious and long-lasting conclusions about myself, which have had a profound impact on me to the current day.

Do you have to puke from LSA or get sick is there no way to avoid it?
I only puked the one time, on the 9 seed extract that sat for weeks. The other times, on 6 seed extracts that sat only a night in a fridge, I didn't have any problems with nausea. However, while enjoyable, these times were markedly and qualitatively weaker than the 9 seed experience.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that, with a proper extraction, all or most of the nausea can be eliminated. However, it's possible that a brief extract which eliminates nausea also takes away from the experience (ie. some of the nauseating compounds are also psychoactive.)

Take from that what you will. Personally, considering how cheap and how available HBWR seeds are, I think it's pretty worth it for anyone even considering them to give them a shot. If you decide they're not for you after one attempt, you really haven't lost much.

However, I will probably not be going back to them for some time at least. After sampling nausea-free RCs, it's hard to go back--even though my experiences with LSA were probably the best trips of my life. Maybe someday.

I only puked the one time, on the 9 seed extract that sat for weeks. The other times, on 6 seed extracts that sat only a night in a fridge, I didn't have any problems with nausea. However, while enjoyable, these times were markedly and qualitatively weaker than the 9 seed experience.

I think it's reasonable to conclude that, with a proper extraction, all or most of the nausea can be eliminated. However, it's possible that a brief extract which eliminates nausea also takes away from the experience (ie. some of the nauseating compounds are also psychoactive.)

Take from that what you will. Personally, considering how cheap and how available HBWR seeds are, I think it's pretty worth it for anyone even considering them to give them a shot. If you decide they're not for you after one attempt, you really haven't lost much.

However, I will probably not be going back to them for some time at least. After sampling nausea-free RCs, it's hard to go back--even though my experiences with LSA were probably the best trips of my life. Maybe someday.

Thanks for the reply and info ..

I'm not too good with extraction as I'm still at my parents for the moment lol. My friend did them once and said he threw up all day and had other GI issues the later so it scared me from looking into it .

i always wonder where ppl get certain things that are newer like lsz ect .. I've never risked online buying of course is it really just who you know ?

(2c variants where only around here once in awhile and it was tough as hell to find and are gone now) .

Everytime I've tried HBWR it has given me pretty bad side effects (except on a very low dose), but I'm really eager to extract properly so I can get a nice trip out of it. I got a lot of curiosity for LSA. :)

I've only read the first couple pages, but will definitely read the rest soon. My question is, if this is the case, then how is it possible that LSA is legal and why is it not more well known and used amongst people looking for this type of experience, considering how relatively extremely difficult it is to find LSD?

I don't think LSA is legal, actually. It's just that the individual plants which contain it (hawaiian baby woodrose and morning glory) are legal, when not intended for human consumption. They're fairly common garden plants.

Also, given the severity of the side effects, you can see why it never really "caught on." And without a lot of people doing it, it's unlikely that the government will ever take action. (Think salvia.)

Yeah, that's what I meant, you are able to buy the seeds containing LSA legally... Apparently some people respond amazingly well to it, it just sounds too good to be true

Yeah, that's what I meant, you are able to buy the seeds containing LSA legally... Apparently some people respond amazingly well to it, it just sounds too good to be true
It's really the same deal as every other grey market chem. you can buy any controlled substance analog as long as you don't intend to consume it. We buy drugs like 4-aco-met "for research" and we buy hbwr or morning glory seeds "for planting." In the case of the lsa seeds, most people who buy them probably actually intend to plant them. So it would be rather heavy handed to regulate it.

You can get high by sniffing gasoline. Should we ban gasoline?

Seems to me like the reason people get disappointing experiences is because (A) they didn't grind the seeds up fine enough, thus not allowing for an effective extraction; (B) they didn't strain solid bits out of the liquid, thus causing G.I. irritation; and (C) they vomited the preparation up before it could effectively absorb.

Elaboration:

(A) The seeds can't digest; they pass through you in the exact state in which you swallow them. In order for the ergine crystals to be available to the body, they need to be broken out of the seeds.
(B) The shells and perhaps even the meat of the seeds scratches the G.I. tract. "At three hours I headed to the bathroom because I thought I was going to puke. The next two hours consisted of excruciatingly painful stomach cramps and puking. The trip started to set in right around the beginning of those two hours as well."[1] I once sustained intestinal pains in my lower intestines the morning after a trip as a result of a sloppy extraction where the solids weren't effective filtered. And this pain immediate went away after taking a shit. Another example: I one blended up a whole bunch of seeds and consumed the resulting preparation and experienced a very uncomfortable tension in my gut, which was immediately relieved upon puking.
(C) The above account also confirms my last indication, as the amount of seeds I consumed that night would have resulted in a strong trip, but because I quickly vomited, I only got a lite trip. Also more confirmation of B is that the indigenous peoples filter out the solids.[2][3]

In addition to these four issues, there's also the issues of excessive vasoconstriction, but I'm really not sure how much vasoconstriction the seeds cause. It was never an issue for me, but I've only done low doses. The important question is can any of the approx. 13 ergoline alkaloids in these seeds be separated and discarded using a chemical extraction in order to reduce the amount of undesirable ergoline alkaloids?[4]

So it's not dependent on the person. It's dependent on the preparation method.

yeah, my buddy did an a/b extraction, worked wonders
felt like a completely different drug

Shroomery chat, circa 2012
Note that an acid-base extraction doesn't necessarily get rid of unwanted alkaloids; it also elicits easy and effective digestion.

I also want to note that a large amount of ginger kills nausea.

For those interested, I maintain an information archive on these seeds: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/entries/7141-morning-glory-seed-information-archive

Contents:

human trials of isolated lysergamides
alkaloid-specific info
chemical analyses of morning glory seeds
morning glory seeds and their connection to ergot-related fungi
naming issue, Ipomoea violacea/Ipomoea tricolor
publications
vasoconstriction and other somatic effects
cyanogenic glycosides
insight into extraction methods
is there a toxin(s) found in the fuzzy outer layer of A Nervosa seeds?
ololiuhqui, spelling and pronunciation
misc
cultivation
preparation method used by the mesoamericans
synthesis of lysergic acid amide
animals tripping on morning glory seeds
are morning glory seeds treated with a fungicide or a deterrent?
good resource for scientific articles

1. OnePerEyeM8, http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15766359#15766359, 02/05/12

2. "The Indians grind the seeds on the metate (grinding stone) until they are reduced to flour. Then the flour is soaked in cold water, and after a short time the liquor is passed through a cloth strainer and drunk." R. Gordon Wasson. Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico, Botan. Museum Leaflets, Harvard Univ. 20 (1963)

3. "...ground and placed in a gourd with water. The solid particles are strained out, and the liquid is drunk." Schultes, R.E. and Hofmann, A. 1979 Plants of the Gods. p. 175

4. Not counting different forms of the same chemical (e.g. isomers and racemates), the below analysis found 13 ergoline alkaloids in Argyreia nervosa seeds.

Chao JM, DerMarderosian AH (1973) Ergoline alkaloidal constituents of Hawaiian baby wood rose, Argyreia nervosa (Burm. f.) Bojer. J Pharm Sci 62:588–591

k3asLYw.gif

Last edited: