• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Would you say benzos are recreational?

For me, as an entire class of drugs, I find benzos not so much recreational in and of themselves, but something very useful or handy for the recreational user to keep in their toolbox to augment, ease the come down from, or prematurely end the experience with other drugs. Level out with speed, crash easy on coke, or scrap a bad acid trip, that kind of thing.

Not to say some aren't more viable than others, recreationally. My take on the big three (four? three and a half?) for example:

Diazepam - Very viable on its own for recreational purposes. I can eat 50 or so mg and be like, "You know what, I feel good. I don't need to eat any more Valium." And from there, have a laid back, chill, incident-free evening.

Alprazolam - No matter how small a dose I take, I always black out, though from what I hear I'm usually pretty well behaved. I'll be the guy helping his passed-out-drunk friend get somewhere safe, the whole time blacked out myself and have zero recollection of what the fuck I did.

Lorazepam - As it turns out there are a small percentage of persons whom, after taking large doses of lorazepam, say, in an attempt to compensate for its general weakness compared to other benzos, experience intense hallucinations and/or psychotic delusions. I found out the hard way that I am one of those people.

Clonazepam - Simply put, due to the Lay's Effect (can't eat just one), I eat a bottle of Klonopin and start liking heroin and things that aren't mine. Then someone turns off consciousness and I wake up in jail. Fuck klonopin.

So yeah, for me, benzos alone are NOT recreational.

^^ Nice write up ! Thank you.

For me, as an entire class of drugs, I find benzos not so much recreational in and of themselves, but something very useful or handy for the recreational user to keep in their toolbox to augment, ease the come down from, or prematurely end the experience with other drugs. Level out with speed, crash easy on coke, or scrap a bad acid trip, that kind of thing.

Not to say some aren't more viable than others, recreationally. My take on the big three (four? three and a half?) for example:

Diazepam - Very viable on its own for recreational purposes. I can eat 50 or so mg and be like, "You know what, I feel good. I don't need to eat any more Valium." And from there, have a laid back, chill, incident-free evening.

Alprazolam - No matter how small a dose I take, I always black out, though from what I hear I'm usually pretty well behaved. I'll be the guy helping his passed-out-drunk friend get somewhere safe, the whole time blacked out myself and have zero recollection of what the fuck I did.

Lorazepam - As it turns out there are a small percentage of persons whom, after taking large doses of lorazepam, say, in an attempt to compensate for its general weakness compared to other benzos, experience intense hallucinations and/or psychotic delusions. I found out the hard way that I am one of those people.

Clonazepam - Simply put, due to the Lay's Effect (can't eat just one), I eat a bottle of Klonopin and start liking heroin and things that aren't mine. Then someone turns off consciousness and I wake up in jail. Fuck klonopin.

Very accurate analysis. I'd say a few diazepam is as safe as it gets with benzos everything else has even more unpleasant side effects.

Yes they are very recreational to me. Almost up there with opiates in terms of picking any drug. They’d be my second choice after opioids.

They are an acquired taste. Not as in your face as a shot of IV opioids. This is why they are less addictive to people.

Some people also literally like getting knocked unconscious as the goal of the high and these do good at that too.

Not remembering shit and they have a loss of inhibition effect somewhat like alcohol but not as extreme. All things that make them desirable to a downers user.

They are an acquired taste. Not as in your face as a shot of IV opioids. This is why they are less addictive to people.

Benzos have been far more addictive than heroin for me. And as far as withdrawals go I've heard people say benzos were worse and harder to get off.

imma see.
thing is ill be passed out and nobody arourd to witness or bother. nobody.

may set two alarm clocks....

but to me yeah benzos can be recreational but there is just a freedom from the spinning mind and the feeling the need to do everything.
fuckin up a little here I know but at least I know I am crossing lanes.
easy

Some more then others. For example i find temazepam to be very recreational but ativan no even when i took 20mg's orally and 8mg's IV/IM it did nothing for me. Valium is pretty recreational and so is clonazepam. Oxazepam is another i found with 0 rec potential

They can be recreational until you decide to recreationally use them every day untill you decide maybe you should stop but day one of no recreational benzos you have three grandma seizures and a panic attack. ( I understand recreational doesn't mean everyday use. I'm joking about how addicting and not recreational they are for at least me personally, but to each is own and everything can be good in moderation)

Im middle aged, I have been scripted benzos since sixteen. And I went nutty on the rc world. No seizures or particularly unexpected hardships. Use and abuse.

In my teens they were. Drinking all night and make bad decisions vs take a pill and bad decisions come find you.

Years of my life later became a complete blur. But yea right at first I could say there was a recreational aspect.