• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Would you expatriate from the United States for political reasons? (2016 Election)

I agree. I got several countries I would rather live.

I ain't got no problem with my country but they seem to have a problem with pwt.

same here, I wanted to leave when Clinton was President. Pretty sure I belong in France, would settle for Vienna, New Zealand, Brazil, Costa Rica, Argentina, UK, even Japan, Russia or Southeast Asia.

I would. We Americans, in general think we have the most freedoms, guaranteed by our constitution and think even the completely modern and 1st world countries of say, Western Europe, would be a step down and we would be surrendering our liberties and safety. But this really is either false patriotism or ignorance for most. I love living in America but would equally love living in Sweden or France.

Unfortunately, my job restricts me. I looked into what it would take to do what I do in the UK and would take me around 5 years to get to the point where I currently am in America. And for those thinking this just shows that America is therefore more "free", it is equally difficult for someone coming from Europe, or anywhere, to get into my profession here, but it can be slightly quicker.

Fuck that, we live in a police state. Rich get rich, poor get poorer, middle class doesn't exist and well I sure ain't welcome.

I am poor white trash and nothing gonna change that. So I am basically a white (N bomb) and that won't change no matter what I do or how much I make.

Classism is the new racism.

3062379.jpg

I can't afford to.

LOL?

Seriously though, I was born here. I will die here.

To stay and fight is the way it should be in my opinion.

On a different, but similar note, every year that passes has me thinking more and more about leaving Australia. And if I don't leave the country, I will almost definitely leave the city life in about 5 years.

If trump wins, I may go to Japan. Lol. If clinton wins, I'll stay.. BUT IF BERNIE WINS I'LL LOVE MY COUNTRY. :D

I would totally leave. I would love to live in Newfoundland Canada! Too much *baggage to get there though.

I may not leave but if trump wins I will know for sure that "50% of people fall below average IQ" I am not voting because i dont want either candidate in. I cant stand when people say "thats a vote for the other guy" no because the other guy is someone i dont want either, so when you dont want anyone the most american thing to do is not vote.

I may not leave but this election has caused me to loose a lot of respect for our political system. It was bad enough watching Palin not be able to name a single news paper or supreme court ruling... it has literally devolved into a reality style clown show where people are more interested in almost anything other then policy it would seem.

Id vote for Clinton so i can attempt to deny trump the ability to say he is anything other then a loser (someone who loses) but i dont like her enough to do that either. I may come from a capitalist consumer based society but i do not view money as anything other then paper so i really fail to see how trump is qualified... i work for someone who started a business from nothing and is now a millionaire... i would never vote my boss in.