• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Would you date a male with depression and anxiety issues?

It's only a part of a persons personality not who they actually are. Most people wouldn't know i have been diagnosed Bipolar and have or had anxiety unless i told them as i am not normally viably depressed these days at all (well ok winter does a job on me) and my mania is under control. I refuse to label myself as just someone with a mental illness and usually by the time i get around to discussing mental illness with a woman i am interested in we have already gotten the introductions out of the way anyway. I haven't had any woman say "Omg i can't date you your mentally ill". It's never been a problem with any women i liked.

^This is why it sucks to try and have a normal relationship in your 20's. It seems like people expect too much from each other, or they have no respect. Hell, half the time if something's bothering them they won't talk about it in a civilized manner. Either they pout and make you play "blues clues" or throw a tantrum. Ugh...

i love this post.

^Haha well it's true from what I can tell. Rarely will you find a well adjusted mature 20 something. Or maybe it's something in the water here who knows...

Never claimed to be well adjusted myself but I'd like to think I'm not a whiny materialistic bitch like my girlfriends. Them bitches THRIVE on drama and misery. Why??? And they wonder why their gf/bf ends up hating them.

You answered your question

Most of my life. Am on meds for depression and it works quite well. Not for anxiety though.

I always find when I do get into a relationship I end it before anything serious happens. Perhaps it's my defence mechanism working.

Hopefully since you asked this, you realized that it is not women who don't want to put up with your illness. It is you who is not capable of love.
YOU ended those relationships, the women did LOVE you! You know, for a woman, when a relationship gets to the point of having sex, it is serious enough. In most cases, even before that, because they have emotions, most of them don't want to just play. Yet, you didn't care! Aren't you a psychopath or sociopath as well as depressed? You keep playing with other people' s feelings, with women who care about you and yet, you are complaining that nobody wants to date you and blame it on depression? Why don't you just think about what you keep doing? And, for example, apologize to them? Don't forget, they accepted you with your issues. What did YOU give in return?

Hopefully since you asked this, you realized that it is not women who don't want to put up with your illness. It is you who is not capable of love.
YOU ended those relationships, the women did LOVE you! You know, for a woman, when a relationship gets to the point of having sex, it is serious enough. In most cases, even before that, because they have emotions, most of them don't want to just play. Yet, you didn't care! Aren't you a psychopath or sociopath as well as depressed? You keep playing with other people' s feelings, with women who care about you and yet, you are complaining that nobody wants to date you and blame it on depression? Why don't you just think about what you keep doing? And, for example, apologize to them? Don't forget, they accepted you with your issues. What did YOU give in return?

I never told them I had mental health issues

I guess I didn't want to lose them and didn't want to scare them.

So it goes.....

take my advice- I'm a very depressed, anxious fuck thats been stuck on suboxone maintenance for 4 years now.... when i see women and talk to them i suppress everything (all my depression, hatred for the world and women, my anxieties) i stuff it all down

so on the inside I'm dying and drowning but on the outside i come across as avery enthusiastic and upbeat guy... its all an act- in fact i sort of get off on lying to people all the time, it makes me feel powerful i guess because they don't know the real me... idk thats just one method i use to motivate myself to be "mentally attractive"

suppress those feelings.. push everything down and deal with them later on

basically cos i have these traits myself i would prefer the opposite of me in a relationship

Exactly. I used to only be drawn to guys who are sad because it was comfortable. If both of you are equally miserable and have nothing going on, how can you grow? You'll just drag one another down.

It has taken a lot of time for me to change my own ways of thinking and focus more on positivity. I really feel like a breakthrough is happening and the major depression is becoming a distant memory.

It also depends on the level of depression. If the dude is bitching and moaning all the time and won't even TRY to dig himself out of the pit, that's a definite no.

I never told them I had mental health issues

I guess I didn't want to lose them and didn't want to scare them.

So it goes.....

Abandonment issues? So you pushed them away before they could push you away.

You better let someone love you before it's too late.

I have extremely bad depression/anxiety issues and I'm engaged to be married. There's someone for everyone as they say.

I'm awkward and mentally ill af with depression ocd and anxiety. I've had a lot of beautiful relationships with women that understood and I'm only 21.

I think a man in touch with his emotions and still strong is sexy as hell. Macho guys are stupid meatheads lol.