• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

would using imodium cause precipitated withdrawal when changing from habit to subs?

This is a very old thread i know and nobody's gonna read it, so old infact its making me FEEL old as i forgot my original U/P. But anyway, just to say something about those last few comments about Naltrexone together with imodium or Loperamide. @arcadiaego is right on the money there!!! DO NOT DO IT, i repeat, DO NOT DO IT!!! With Naltrexone as soon as the tablet even starts to dissolve, you will be at the toilet. Then you'll think that wasn't so bad... but believe me it gets so much f*n worse, and worse then that AGAIN. And doesn't stop until the particular dosage your on runs its course and i mean full-life, not half life (length of naltrexone 'unwanted' varies by dose tho). If you do find yourself in this situation, take a double dose PPI (proton pump inhibitor) asap, to drastically reduce the burn by reducing stomach acid flowing freely. And get some Buscopan maybe if you need it, didn't help me though... and also do not eat anything at all unless your brave enough to make things worse! :) Hope this applies *something* to someone. The same applies for buprenorphine etc (partials) but i wouldn't image it being as rough since there'd still be some levels of binding affinity for the loperamide.

I know This is as old thread, but please read This! (This post is written in the 3'rd person,
So it isn't necessarily about the individual posting it) Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. This stuff can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform and pass along a story of one of my buddies. SWIM discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make him feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, he went on Sub's for his love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. He'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. He messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, he had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, he bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of a week or so. However, with his addict mentality, he ended up downing them all (yes, he realized how dumb it was at the time, but is in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, he was slurring his words very noticeably and having trouble keeping his eyes open. He'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When he woke up, he thought he was still dreaming,
because he didn't know where he was and was confused as hell. Turns out he was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When he asked what was going on, the paramedics told him he had od'd. Impossible he said, because he hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told him it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring him back. Fortunately, his girlfriend had found him when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least he didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to his family. He spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since he is also epileptic. He is home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, his gf had found him right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (he had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. SWIM's story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. He realizes that this was a downright idiotic move on his part, but as he said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, he would like to skip all the criticism, because he knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean is not dangerous. He would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. THIS POST IS NOT WRITTEN BY A TROLL TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell SWIM's story to warn them. So, to everyone else in the same boat as him, stay up and BE SAFE!

thanks for the reply, but i think maybe you've misunderstood the question... or i've not made myself clear, probably the latter! i've read that imodium is an opioid, so was thinking that it wouldn't count as cold turkey if i took it. ie, the 24 hours i need to be off the gear before taking the subs may be compromised by imodium use. ie, imodium/loperamide being an opioid... would taking that during the 24 hours mean i'd go into precipitated withdrawal once i start taking the sub? is there anything else to stop the chronic shits during that 24 hours?
I took loperamide for withdrawals and then was prescribed naltrexone... just so everyone knows despite what the doctors/ pharmacists said I went into full blown precipitated withdrawals!