• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Would someone fare better if they took cocaine or benzos for public speaking?

low dose of benzo, with those choices /
But I perter a shot of good tequila , to settle the nerves , and give me the gift to gab

You are 100% correct. It's best to find a suitable dose before the event so you know how you will sound and behave in front of people. A doc can help out with that, at least for the benzos. My doc never gives me cocaine for my social anxiety no matter how nicely I ask for it; there's always an excuse, something about losing his license and I must be crazy to even ask for cocaine so it is definitely out of the question to give it to a nutjob like me...he's real stingy
Surely this happened in a dream, asking your dr. for pharmaceutical Cocaine.

Or not ... as in a dream it would actually be possible. You really did this?

Haha of course not. I was making a joke but it is hard to interpret tone of voice through platforms such as forums.

A beta blocker and lots of preparation is a better option.

This is the best advice, and the route that a physician would suggest. Low dose propranolol is often used for this purpose, and you can easily and legitimately get that with a prescription.

This is the best advice, and the route that a physician would suggest. Low dose propranolol is often used for this purpose, and you can easily and legitimately get that with a prescription.
yeah totally true and it,s better than bisoprolol, I once had a little fear because of a 5 min speech and I'm anxious person, so my 0,5 alprazolam and friend gave me proprlanolol and racing heart and thoughts were done. So deffinetelly beta blockers but not all-as Bisoprolol(Concor) 5mg felt nothing.

Forgive me. I have a hilarious image in my head of me giving my student council speech so high on Adderall that I was practically hallucinating. I got the position, yes, but that doesn't mean getting coked up is always a good solution.

Some folks can maintain a veil of normalcy while on stimulants whereas others practically broadcast the fact to everyone watching.

Essentially, I wouldn't recommend experimenting with drugs in new situations. Taking Benzodiazepines might help allay your anxiety, but you also run the risk of blacking out and making a complete spectacle ofyourself.

At any rate, I would really consider familiarizing yourself with these drugs prior to using them in important situations.

I wish I had that speech taped.

"Education is like a box. On one side, science, another, mathematics. But, what exactly goes inside this box. That is what I aim to find out as your representative to the community council..."

Man, I'm so into myself :(

Not going to do it but it's a hypothetical. Let's say someone with social anxiety had to give a 5 to 10 minute speech . Ideally, one should not have to rely on a substance to do a speech but some drugs offer benefits.

I know a guy in my school before the pandemic who used cocaine for a presentation a few minutes before and he said that it went fine however he made a bit of a mess as he was talking too fast and his thoughts became all over the place.

Would benzodiazepines have been better? I know at high doses, they can cause cognitive impairment and you won't be speaking not because of anxiety but because your mind is totally blank.
Trump uses cocain before his speeches.

I used Xanax before presentations in college bc I was so nervous. If you do a few without it, then you will be less nervous. Its like practicing and gaining a new skill: public speaking.

A better choice than benzo pills or drugs would be to take a shot of liquor, enough to get you barely buzzed. Helps as much as Xanax. But everyone should really practice a few times without anything. If you don't have agoraphobia, or crippling anxiety, then you should be able to work through it. Being nervous before a speech is still 100% normal, and doesn't mean you've got problems.

Fear of public speaking is so common, and normal. If you study and know exactly what you are presenting, like you're the expert on that topic, you will have so much confidence.

Definitely a low dose benzo. I would not take either of these things for the first time before an important public speech.

Say you’re hypersensitive and take 1 mg of Xanax. This could potentially slur your speech or make you walk different .

Definitely a test run.

If you have a cocaine plug straight out of South America maybe. Otherwise the cuts in cocaine will drastically boost anxiety and fear. Obtaining pure cocaine in America these days is like finding the gold at the end of the rainbow.

So does this girl just start threads and never reply/read the replies??

Anyhooo

20 mg of ritalin and .5 mg of klonopin and you're Obama

Not going to do it but it's a hypothetical. Let's say someone with social anxiety had to give a 5 to 10 minute speech . Ideally, one should not have to rely on a substance to do a speech but some drugs offer benefits.

I know a guy in my school before the pandemic who used cocaine for a presentation a few minutes before and he said that it went fine however he made a bit of a mess as he was talking too fast and his thoughts became all over the place.

Would benzodiazepines have been better? I know at high doses, they can cause cognitive impairment and you won't be speaking not because of anxiety but because your mind is totally blank.
My GF talks like a robot after having coke