• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Would someone fare better if they took cocaine or benzos for public speaking?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Not going to do it but it's a hypothetical. Let's say someone with social anxiety had to give a 5 to 10 minute speech . Ideally, one should not have to rely on a substance to do a speech but some drugs offer benefits.

I know a guy in my school before the pandemic who used cocaine for a presentation a few minutes before and he said that it went fine however he made a bit of a mess as he was talking too fast and his thoughts became all over the place.

Would benzodiazepines have been better? I know at high doses, they can cause cognitive impairment and you won't be speaking not because of anxiety but because your mind is totally blank.

I guess that would depend on the nature of the anxiety.
I would lean towards a low/therapeutic dose of a milder benzo if I absolutely had to choose.
My girlfriend tends to get euphoria from these doses because of the feeling of not being anxious any more.
I have more of a social anxiety though. A low dose stimulant would probably be what I would choose for my self.
But I would probably take an adderall instead of using coke

I would say if you’re anxious then low dose benzo would be sufficient.

What would be better however and would also work along with the benzo is practicing the speech. Read it in front of a mirror, read it in front of your family. Stand at your window and read it to the street.

The more you get use to saying the words out loud the easier it will be to do it in public because you will be more confident in yourself.

I’ve done it on both and fucked it up both times. A beta blocker and lots of preparation is a better option.

Cocaine, at least good quality cocaine, makes me very calm and introverted. I don't get talkative or sociable, I just want to sit down and be quiet and watch tv or read a book while doing more cocaine.
Benzos would be far better if I had to present a speech or presentation to a group of people. They allow me to open up and be myself without fear of judgment and criticism from others.

Cocaine, at least good quality cocaine, makes me very calm and introverted. I don't get talkative or sociable, I just want to sit down and be quiet and watch tv or read a book while doing more cocaine.
Benzos would be far better if I had to present a speech or presentation to a group of people. They allow me to open up and be myself without fear of judgment and criticism from others.

Yeah cocaine can have that effect in me too, although with benzos I don't believe that would happen.

I take benzos daily and they do wonders for family functions where I am usually at my worst. I feel like I am being judged and evaluated by everybody when I have to see my family in large gatherings. Xanax always takes a little bit of that edge off and let's me talk to them without thinking that I am sounding like a person who shouldn't even exist.

Yeah cocaine can have that effect in me too, although with benzos I don't believe that would happen.
Ahh I see what you were getting at. I would still pass on the coke. I had too many bad experiences and depending on how long I needed to be under the influence I would have to redose which may be hard during a public speech

High dose ket ftw

Jk low dose benzo all day errr day for this situation
0.5-1mg xanax is what my good friend said he used to take to do presentations in uni and was anxious, said it make all his worries disappear. And he took GBL but he was dependent 👍

The problem with both these drugs in presenting yourself in public is they can give you a false sense of how together you are. Take a little too much of either and you could be blathering away while thinking you are orating like Martin Luther King on his best day.

Happened to me.

The problem with both these drugs in presenting yourself in public is they can give you a false sense of how together you are. Take a little too much of either and you could be blathering away while thinking you are orating like Martin Luther King on his best day.

Happened to me.
You are 100% correct. It's best to find a suitable dose before the event so you know how you will sound and behave in front of people. A doc can help out with that, at least for the benzos. My doc never gives me cocaine for my social anxiety no matter how nicely I ask for it; there's always an excuse, something about losing his license and I must be crazy to even ask for cocaine so it is definitely out of the question to give it to a nutjob like me...he's real stingy

I do not suggest cocaine, but benzos, in the RIGHT amount could absolutely help with this. Key is to not do too much. Benzos are truly amazing at what they can do for people with anxiety. If I had to speak publicly I would take about 1mg of xanax. Any more than that and I might be slurring/sounding like an idiot. That's with no tolerance of course.

This homeless guy I used to do drugs with told me this story about how he shot .4 heroin and then proceeded to speak at a public event to a few hundred people. I believed him, too, knowing him and his life story. He said it went great xD

He was actually a good speaker. We'd smoke crack/heroin/meth and he would read us shit all the time, from the bible or other random books. Mesmerizing.

H will definitely get rid of any social anxiety as long as your not already hooked. But .4g would knock out even some opiate tolerant people. The best bet is .5-1mg xanax or the equivalent dose of a benzo. I take 1mg 3x daily of xanax and it works great

I like this beginning too 🤣

I've done drugs with a homeless guy too though. A handful of them over time 😭

I was good friends with several homeless people when I was 15-16. We would speedball in the tunnels under roads. Actually really cool, nice people (some of them).