• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Would kratom help with opiate withdrawl

For some people like myself, Kratom did absolutely nothing for me while I was kicking oxy. Low dose Clonazapam is what was my personal saving grace.
Absolutely - I've found Tranex (and in the past, Diazepam) used sparingly and at the lowest possible effective dose to be ideal for calming me and crawling the walls on the verge of a relapse, not to mention its ability to allow me to get some sleep - even if its sometimes only 4-5 hours, it certainly beats not sleeping for 5 days and not being able to think straight or even speak to people due to the confusion caused by insomnia.

OP - I don't know how you're managing to work while in withdrawals. I've had to do that in the past but I wouldn't get much done. I'd sit at the computer and act like I was working away and would often have to leave early and get several sick notes from my doctor. Well done on that one my friend, for me that was utterly torturous. Luckily I'm out of work at the moment so that I can go through the withdrawal process in the privacy of my own home, because if I had to go to work every day during the acute withdrawals I know for certain I'd be calling every dealer in my phone. All the best.

Last edited:
I don't know how you're managing to work while in withdrawals. I've had to do that in the past but I wouldn't get much done. I'd sit at the computer and act like I was working away and would often have to leave early and get several sick notes from my doctor. Well done on that one my friend, for me that was utterly torturous. Luckily I'm out of work at the moment so that I can go through the withdrawal process in the privacy of my own home, because if I had to go to work every day during the acute withdrawals I know for certain I'd be calling every dealer in my phone. All the best.
Agreed, even after the height of the acute withdrawals, the lethargy and weakness caused me to relapse the first two times.... took on too many work commitments and could get through them without "assistance", try to take it easy if you can, getting off is the most important thing.

People do have difficulty getting off the Kratom too so be weary of that.

Well, considering you are replacing an opiod with an opiate, I'd say that whether it helps or not is up to you and how well you can control yourself.