• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Would kratom help with opiate withdrawl

For a mild to moderate habit, yes

For a really excessive habit, maybe not

It’s worth a shot if that’s all you have access to
Unfortunately that's all i have access too..they sell it at our local smoke shops and my brother told me it should help..I'm screwed anyways it go..I had the same habit a couple years ago when I quit cold turkey..it took me about a month to get back to normal..1st week was hell,2nd week was more hell with not being able to sleep and restless leg syndrome,3rd week was a bit better and by the end of the 4th week everything felt so good..I'm not sure why I jumped back on this train wreck

Unfortunately that's all i have access too..they sell it at our local smoke shops and my brother told me it should help..I'm screwed anyways it go..I had the same habit a couple years ago when I quit cold turkey..it took me about a month to get back to normal..1st week was hell,2nd week was more hell with not being able to sleep and restless leg syndrome,3rd week was a bit better and by the end of the 4th week everything felt so good..I'm not sure why I jumped back on this train wreck
Definitely worth a go. I used it to keep off of opiates for years. And even after I returned to heroin for a couple years, it helped make my withdrawal a little more manageable.

Ok need some help..I was giving 2 Nucynta ER 50mg..I Google it and it said it was for diabetics but it's also a scheduled drug and is stronger than tramadol... is 50mg a safe does to take or should I chop it in half..withdrawals are kicking in and getting worse

Ok need some help..I was giving 2 Nucynta ER 50mg..I Google it and it said it was for diabetics but it's also a scheduled drug and is stronger than tramadol... is 50mg a safe does to take or should I chop it in half..withdrawals are kicking in and getting worse
Nucynta is tapentadol. I've never had it, but supposedly similar to tramadol. Psychonautwiki lists the common dose as 50-75mg, strong dose as 75-150mg, and a duration of action of 5-7 hours.

Vitamin C in large doses can help with withdrawal.

it’s hard on the stomach though…you can buy it in powder form
And mix it with water to try to get large doses. It really does help.

and if you can access NAD IV treatment that will help a lot.
Loperamide helps
Some too.

as dors alxohol and or benzos though you may be trying to avoid those.

and of
Course,
Clonidine.

Thanks I but no benzos,I withdrawaled off of benzos about a month ago..I'm in full blown opiate withdrawal now and it sucks..loperamide helps..I'm at work now..I have all the withdrawal symptoms from insomnia to restless leg and all in between..if u believe In any of the Gods,keep me in ya prayers .

Thanks I but no benzos,I withdrawaled off of benzos about a month ago..I'm in full blown opiate withdrawal now and it sucks..loperamide helps..I'm at work now..I have all the withdrawal symptoms from insomnia to restless leg and all in between..if u believe In any of the Gods,keep me in ya prayers .
Kratom not helping much ? Are you in WD from real pharm oxy or pressed fent masquerading as oxy?

But as for Fent pressed pills,I don't go out seeking them..I trust my dealer to always have real pharma grade because he brings like 8 people to the Dr and then takes there scripts..but I'm almost sure he's supplied me with fent before and me not knowing

But as for Fent pressed pills,I don't go out seeking them..I trust my dealer to always have real pharma grade because he brings like 8 people to the Dr and then takes there scripts..but I'm almost sure he's supplied me with fent before and me not knowing
Was only asking as I have heard that kratom works okay for real oxy but just so so for fent. If you get some kratom and dose 7 or 8 grams I am pretty sure you are going to start feeling better regardless of which chemical is in your body. I have read on here where people will say " well, I just took a capsule of kratom and I don't feel anything " . Nobody will feel 500 mgs. Most people won't feel one gram. The first time I tried it 3 grams ( 6 caps ) was the sweet spot as I wasn't in WD...it was purely recreational. For someone in WD that dose has to be upped. Feel better soon.

Will I guess I'm on day 6 or something..still feel bad but not as bad as the first 2 days..it's just the restless leg and insomnia(as Nausea/gagging) that's messing with me bad but I'm gona make it..not my first rodeo..

I went to the smoke shop and there was a ton of different kratom pills and I asked the clerk which brand was best for people who suffered with insomnia and he didn't know..he just said they all give "you energy"...I need sleep not energy so I decided to just pass on the kratom..I do have access to kolanapin but I'm really not trying to go back in the benzo family after already kicking it..

I did buy some vitamin C pills(all tho I work in the hot 🔥 sun)..honestly the Sun and vitamin C did make the withdrawal just a bit more bearable..

I just hate when my body starts needing it,I'm good at fighting the mental aspect of it to a point(insomnia),but I just hate when my body starts hurting real bad for a fix..

Sorry yall just getting off work and felt like venting a bit because I don't have anyone else(I do have a loving family but they don't know about my habits so I can't really talk to anyone but my lil bro about it and I'm sure he's tired of hearing about me complaining)..he had it worse a few years ago when SWAT kicked in his door and found a damn near pharmacy in his apartment..he was a user and dealer and had to withdrawal in jail..he's been sober for a few years now

Silly head shop clerks always say that kratom only gives you energy. Only 2 or 3 of the ones I have talked to have even taken it before. I asked one two weeks ago why he told a customer that was ahead of me in line that same comment. He told me that his friends were mostly meth and adderall users and when they ran out they used kratom. I said that made sense as kratom does indeed give you energy but make no mistake that it also sedates you. He's looking at me all wide-eyed and I can tell he is skeptical. I told him he would sell more kratom if he understood it a little better.

I explained to him that kratom has 40 different alkaloids and that how one feels while on it is DOSE dependent. For most head shop kratom it doesn't matter if it's green, white, red yellow or mixed ( trainwreck ). How many grams you ingest is the real issue. I'm no expert and this is just my opinion but in terms of how one feels ( whether energized or sedated ) it just depends on how much you take. Two to four grams is energetic and four to eight grams is sedating. I think of it as daytime and nighttime meds. Days are 4 grams, nights are 7. I know it sounds corny but it totally cured my anxiety and mild depression.

And if you want a nice experience get an extract ( small bottle of liquid ). I have only done it once in my 2 year kratom journey but it was nice. They are pricey so I don't indulge but when I have a few extra $$ I will get another one. They are real addictive so I wouldn't take more than one per month.

People that have had heavy habits ( be it heroin or meth ) can't get much out of it because it doesn't stack up to those highs. But if one is just looking for a mild pick me up or a good nights sleep then kratom can be a big help.

Silly head shop clerks always say that kratom only gives you energy. Only 2 or 3 of the ones I have talked to have even taken it before. I asked one two weeks ago why he told a customer that was ahead of me in line that same comment. He told me that his friends were mostly meth and adderall users and when they ran out they used kratom. I said that made sense as kratom does indeed give you energy but make no mistake that it also sedates you. He's looking at me all wide-eyed and I can tell he is skeptical. I told him he would sell more kratom if he understood it a little better.

I explained to him that kratom has 40 different alkaloids and that how one feels while on it is DOSE dependent. For most head shop kratom it doesn't matter if it's green, white, red yellow or mixed ( trainwreck ). How many grams you ingest is the real issue. I'm no expert and this is just my opinion but in terms of how one feels ( whether energized or sedated ) it just depends on how much you take. Two to four grams is energetic and four to eight grams is sedating. I think of it as daytime and nighttime meds. Days are 4 grams, nights are 7. I know it sounds corny but it totally cured my anxiety and mild depression.

And if you want a nice experience get an extract ( small bottle of liquid ). I have only done it once in my 2 year kratom journey but it was nice. They are pricey so I don't indulge but when I have a few extra $$ I will get another one. They are real addictive so I wouldn't take more than one per month.

People that have had heavy habits ( be it heroin or meth ) can't get much out of it because it doesn't stack up to those highs. But if one is just looking for a mild pick me up or a good nights sleep then kratom can be a big help.
Great post pumpkin..I did see the little extract bottle and I remember seeing those little bottles at my brothers house a while back but never paid it any mind.
I will go get a bottle of the extract tommorow and give it a try..

Today I was talking to my mom and after telling her my legs hurt (RLS) she offered me some type of Cream that the doctor gives her since she's a diabetic..I don't know the name of the cream but I'll find out and post later...at first I was like whatever I'll try it(I thought it was some type of ice hot cream)but noooo THIS CREAM actually works so good.. it's not totally getting rid of my restless legs but it's helping out big time..I'll post the name of the cream because I believe this cream will help others..

Also want to say,I don't recommend anyone do what I did and jump off coldturkey if your on a decently high dose of pharma..I know I'm gona make it but thinking back,I wish I would have have givin the tapering method a try..but it is what it is.

So cool that the cream worked for you. Nice surprise, huh? I have poo-poo'd things that people have told me to try and then when I finally did I realized they were right. It did help. Glad you got some relief.

I hope the extract will give you some peace of mind if only for a few hours. I know you are fighting the good fight but it can really wear us down. Stay strong man. Tapering helps for sure and if one has the patience for it can really soften the landing. I could never taper. I was always so compulsive with my use and couldn't stay strong. I had to just rip off the band-aid like you are doing. Sucks because you feel worse but the upside it is over and gone and it doesn't take many months.

Are you taking magnesium? Hear it's great for RLS. People say that this is the worst system of WD ever. Wanna know something funny? I never had RLS......I had it in my hands and arms. Legs were always fine but the restless arms and hands kept me awake for nights on end. It is one ball busting symptom for sure.

My experience with Kratom proved unsuccessful in mitigating my opioid withdrawal symptoms, then again I was only given what was likely too small of an amount by a friend of mine visiting from the States. Unfortunately, it's illegal in Ireland, although he did order it from an online vendor to his hotel while in Dublin, however, that's a risk I cannot afford to take as I'm currently living with my family, and trouble with the law will send me packing (and likely onto the streets).

What I have (and currently am) having success with is Lyrica (pregabalin) in that it takes away approximately 70% of my withdrawals. I'm currently on Day 5 of a relatively small habit of a typical €20 bag a day (smoked) and I've been taking 300-400mgs (pregablin) and I can't recommend it enough.

As others have suggested, certainly get some OTC Loperimide (for diarrhea) and Motilium (for nausea/vomiting). For aches and general body pain, I've found Diclac cream rubbed on the area to be an instant fix.

Sending massive support on your path to recovery and well done on deciding to quit. All the best buddy.

Last edited: