• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Worries about the forthcoming ban for those with addictions.

I possibly have enough benzos to safely complete a taper. And enough time to acquire more if necessary, but not too much time, and i definetly dont want to over-stock and prolong things uneccesarily. I'm definately not going to leave myself suddenly cut off from regular large doses of benzos or be forced to taper off in one month flat or something. Gradual reductions all the way. Its what people on here have been telling me since day 1.

Dude if you don't mind contacting your local drugs service and explain you are on benzos and want to do a supervised detox they have little choice but to help. If you tell them your source is nearly dried up and you wont be able to get more they should start you on a taper pretty quick as if you have asked them for help and they decline and you then go offer to suffer a fit or something then it will come back to them as you had approached them for help. Don't worry about the info being held against you as you have to give them permission to speak to anyone about it, if they ask you to sign a disclosure form just refuse as they cant hold it against you. Don't worry if you have already been in contact with them in the past, I have been stuck in their system for over 12 years now and have been on and off various scripts a fair few times, they are there to help after all. Good luck anyway shagg, take it easy and stay safe.

Cheers for the suggestion/advise 5SSH. I have my reservations about trying to get onto a supervised script. Even if I get accepted, I dont like the idea of having someone elses timetable forced on me. At present i am in control, and i like the independence of that, not having to be subjected to someone elses rules. It would certainly be handy to get proper kosher pharamaceutical grade benzos again, most of the time you dont have a clue as to how much active ingredient is in the vendor made pills, some are quadruple strength, some are completely inactive which is useless for tapering. :! Thats mostly why i use benzo powders and PG, cos at least they will be a consistent strength, at least for a few months (also its so much cheaper). Plus if they made me do a dayly pick up that would be a complete pain in the arse as im working 40 hours a week now and free time is very valuable, i have no idea if they would give me a months script at a time.

Also i would probably need to reduce quite a lot further first, considering that diclaz is 6 times stronger than diaz i think, i cant see them giving me a script for 65mg of diaz dayly. I may very well try it as i reach the end of my self controlled taper when my dose is getting low; around 1 or 2 mg. At that stage it would be very benefcial to have a guarenteed medical grade supply to help me taper off as smoothly as possible. And it might help to have someone pushing me to reduce, as i could possibly see myself dithering on 1mg for months otherwise.

I'd say with near certainty that you would have to go with daily pick up MDB.. The medical establishment have this crazy idea that we'll bosh our months supply in a day or two, crazy right?;)

This is what always fucked me up with maintenance, it's not very accommodating for those of us who work, particularly in my case when I work all over the place. I would just be asked, "what's more important, your job or getting off drugs?"... heh, that's really fuckin helpful. I get off drugs but have my family home repossessed and end up in financial fuckery!

Obviously Drug services are essential and work wonders for some people, in my experience and in my personal situation when approaching them they're utter shite. Their one size fits all approach is flawed and it let's alot of people down..

I'd say with near certainty that you would have to go with daily pick up MDB.. The medical establishment have this crazy idea that we'll bosh our months supply in a day or two, crazy right?;)

Ha ha, can you imagine anyone actually doing that?:\ Drug users are known for their excellent self discipline and mental fortitude.8)

Having sarcastically said that i cant see myself findng diazepam very recreational, if i could feel any effects at all off it, and my mind would be set on getting off the things by then, so i possibly could make a months supply last a month. Like you say though, it doesnt sound like I'll get the opportunity, unless i can convince them of what i just said. It wouldnt be anything like the early days of just boshing handfulls of everything in sight. I will have gone full circle. To put the time and effort into tapering down to 1 or 2 mg of diclaz it would be crazy to bosh all of my diaz (if i get it) over 1 or 2 nights.

This is what always fucked me up with maintenance, it's not very accommodating for those of us who work, particularly in my case when I work all over the place. I would just be asked, "what's more important, your job or getting off drugs?"
Duhhhhh ..... The job, of course. As a high-functioning addict (literally; I mean, I can literally still function whilst high) I can still do my day job, even fucked off my tits. And if I'm not going to get off drugs, then I need the wage packet to pay for them, don't I?

..... What do you mean, that wasn't the answer I was supposed to give?!

Some of my finest work, professional or otherwise has been done on Rock 'n Roll states of fuckedness...

Some of my biggest fuck ups professional or otherwise have been executed whilst completely out of my tree.

Swings and roundabouts ;)