• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Women Who Curse Like a Sailor, Do You Men Approve or Disapprove

I am female, and it all depends on the situation/context...

If I accidentally cut myself badly, then i think i have the right to say "fuck ouch that damn fuckin hurts!!".
On the other hand, I am not going to be found waiting in line @ starbucks & yelling on my phone "this fuckin stupid bitch in front of me is a fuckin fucktard & has to make her frap an extra fuckin special order like the dumb ass ho that this bitch is, for sure!"

Oh and I CANT STAND women who use the c u next Tuesday word...i honestly don't even wanna spell it out..it is in my opinion, the most rude, crude & unattractive word IF its used in the USA. BUT IF you are in Australia, then it is acceptable.

Last edited:
^ do you mean the word cunt? Why is it not OK for Americans to use it, but englishmen are fine? Australians I understand, but why brits?

Cunt. And I'm American. I'm all for curse words. Of course there is a time and place for them. I think it's important to respect situations in which it would be rude to curse, like around children and other such cases. But if I'm casually speaking to another adult, I really don't give a shit if they curse (whether they are male or female is irrelevant), because I more than likely will. I don't get offended by singular words.

Self-censorship; fuck that. Curse words are so versatile. Although I do think it's important to have a bit of a vocabulary and not rely specifically on swearing to convey a message.

what is the above, if not self-censorship?

alasdair

I thought I might get this question. In my opinion, to not swear in a situation that you normally would not, or one you don't see fit, is just being respectful. But, self-censorship occurs when you go out of your way to not curse in a situation that you normally would, for fear of offending someone. The same goes for discussing personal opinions on certain topics around certain people. Some people may not like your opinion, but does that mean you shouldn't speak it? Not necessarily.

Does this make sense to you? Maybe I'm doing a poor job of explaining it. There are situations in which I would swear and situations in which I wouldn't swear. To go out of my way to not swear in a situation in which I normally would is to censor myself.

Maybe I just contradicted myself. What do you think?

i understand being respectful but i also believe it's an example of self-censorship.

as with most things like this, it's a discussion over where you choose to draw the line. you draw it in one place, others would draw it in another place.

alasdair

i understand being respectful but i also believe it's an example of self-censorship.

as with most things like this, it's a discussion over where you choose to draw the line. you draw it in one place, others would draw it in another place.

alasdair

Yeah, I get that. I guess I was seeing a difference between self-censorship and having a "filter". Maybe I'm wrong and they're more or less the same. Either way I appreciate you pointing that out. I'll probably end up editing my original statement.

Yes i was talking about the word cunt. sorry i just find it a harsh word to see/say..it sounds "rough" or something, i guess it was the way i was brought up.
And sorry...no intention to offend, I thought cunt was said in England and Australia in a friendly way...just some American ignorance here!!

I thought cunt was said in England and Australia in a friendly way...just some American ignorance here!!

I don't know about England, but yes.. the word is used in a friendly manner in Australia. I hear it so often that I don't even notice it most of the time.