L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Women.. What the fuck?

Biovail

Bluelighter
Can somebody explain this situation to me from the female perspective? Because I am totally fucking baffled.

Girl from out of town lets me know she's visiting for Christmas break soon. I say cool, we should hang out, etc, etc. So now she's in town and keeps saying "Hey, we should do this. We should do that. What are you doing tomorrow? You want to get lunch later?" But when the time comes that we're actually going to do something, she has all sorts of excuses. She forgot to do all her scholarship papers. She has a dentist appointment. Her brother came over, so it took longer to have family dinner. She wants to spend some time with her mom. She's tired and doesn't want to go out.

It's been going on nearly three days now and I'm just freaking confused. Can somebody explain to me the female mind because I'm obviously missing something here.

Do you mean she's been in town for 3 days? If so, its probably got nothing to do with the female mind. she's busy, she's got shit to do & stuff to catch up on and is tired. How long is she in town for? She may want to do all these things with but not had a chance and will get round to it. If you keep on at her it will annoy her and make her not want to see you .

She's been in town for just over a week, but I've been sick until recently. She's the one suggesting things to do, but then backing out at the last minute.. And she has been doing this for two and a half days. She's not sure when she's leaving.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing everything as usual, but idk. I'm just annoyed because I make plans, and then end up having nothing to do.

stop calling her and just tell her to call u when she has time. Also don't ever make plans in advance, do it at the moment.

Again, I haven't been calling her. She's been contacting me and making plans. I called her once to let her know I'm no longer sick, and once because I had previously said I would.

the idea that there's one explanation here which applies to all women - and to which all women are party - is silly.

the only person who can explain to you why she's acting the way she is acting is her. talk to her.

alasdair

Alright, well I guess I just wanted a second opinion.. no further questions

the idea that there's one explanation here which applies to all women - and to which all women are party - is silly.

the only person who can explain to you why she's acting the way she is acting is her. talk to her.

alasdair

lol alasdair and his tireless quest to get people to just communicate :) <3

Womans-logic.jpg

MOAR! LOL!

i think it's probably just that she has a lot on her table, and didn't really think about it all. she does want to see you, but the holidays are hectic, or these time frames rather. family comes first, etc.

i guess it really depends on your previous relationship to/with her though, how you should judge the situation, if you're going to.

If she's not in town for too long, she probably has a lot to do. Tell her it's annoying that she keeps backing out on plans. It'd annoy me too.
I have had friends who make plans and back out at the last minute. I don't make plans with them anymore. Since then, I just say "I'm do [activity] on [date], join me if you want" but I have other people to do it with / ok doing it on my own, you know?
Pretty sure this isn't a girl thing though, lol

Thanks for the replies. I have a hard time seeing things in perspective so having a second opinion here is incredibly helpful. I'll see if she wants to do something again tomorrow but I guess I'll just go about my day as if her "yes" means "maybe" and hopefully something will work out.

Thanks again

It sounds to me that you are the back-up plan.

that's how it sounds to me too. the holidays are hectic and shit happens so it's totally normal for plans to change. but when it happens more than once, it tends to indicate something else going on.

i think trying to make your plans more immediate might help. more of a "hey i'm about to go do X if you wanna join" than making concrete plans ahead of time.

Last edited:
sounds like she keeps messing you about. just ignore her for a bit. if someone messes you about repeatedly then they dont respect you

I did this to a guy for over a month we would always make plans and they would never come through and if I said we should meet up we both just never followed up on it, and now we are happily dating :) women are confusing don't let it bother you too much