• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawl help please??

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so im getting anxious...unfortunately ive been addicted to pain medicine for going on 3 years. Ive battled withdrawl mutiple times and always relapse before its over. Also i have a legitimate pain reason why i was put on opiates.Anyway i do around 80-100 mg a day, i just did my last blue. Only thing i have left is a few norco 10s. Im so nervous i know im about to go through hell and i already have severe lower back pain and withdrawl makes it 100 x worse. If anyone could please talk to me and give some tips on how to move foward through this it would be greatly appreciated. I dont have access to any benzos...so thats out the questions. Does gabapentin help? I have a bunch of the 300 mgs gabapentin but never took one. Thanks so much. This website has been a blessing to me.

Do you want to stop or is it being forced upon you for some reason? If dedicated at least you may muster the strength to fight through it.

Gabapentin could help with the restlesness and sleep issues. Many find it useful for these purposes in acute withdrawal. Its never easy with access to all the meds you want though.

Are you connected with a physician or psychiatrist that can assist you?

Gabapentin will help ease some of the symptoms and is sometimes Rx for opiate withdrawal.

DXM hbr (without any other compounds) in the 30-100mg range q. 6 hours has been shown to reduce withdrawl symptoms dramatically. Cant find study now, but i have read it. They administered 5mg diazepam simultaneously.

If kratom is legal where you live a bali or red borneo works wonders for withdrawl and pain.

Loperamide for stomach cramps or lomotil if you have access.

Best advice and only that i am giving is to seek medical attention as they can assist you in safely detoxing.

Meditation and yoga do wonders, stretching those muscles out. Take some time off work (assuming you work and can take time off), at least a couple of days.

Hot showers.

Write yourself a note now telling yourself why you must break this habit. Refer to it as needed.
Good luck

No medical help is not a option for my situation, number 1. I cant afford it. Number 2. I dont want friends and family to be dissapointed in me they would disown me forever. I never thought my problem would get this deep. Kratom is legal in my state but i dont have any money to afford it atm. All i have access to is seroquel and gabapentin. I have to do this the cold turkey route. What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger. And as far as i know opiate withdrawl doesn't kill, just makes you feel like your dieing. Why is it that soon as i wake up in the morning is when i crave opiates the most?

You can do it. Do you have obligations like work or family? I do usually say its best to take time off but know that always isnt an option.

I CT'd a oxy habit 3 or 4 times yours a few years ago. By day 7 I was functional with nothing but that varies. I find the weeks to months after the acute phase more challenging now.

It shouldn't be worse than a flu bug ...... Remember it is over 1/2 mental !!
Gabapentin is an absolute lifesaver , really like cheating ..... Start taking like NOW ! That's about the only thing that will be a game changer , and it honestly will be ...no shit !
Google and find kratom locally if you can , it is extremely cheap ( say , less than a pack of smokes daily ) and this go-round ( I'm on day 2.5 - after a decade of use ) between the gaba and kratom , I'm at work and feeling better than say 2 weeks ago w/ a blue nose ...... But honestly , down some GABA and get it going - take as often as needed and 2 when u need to AND 1/2 hr. Before a hot shower/bed and you should get decent sleep - don't sit around , occupy your time .... Color a picture , walk the dog , get laid , eat things you usually don't allow yourself ..... You know , don't sit there thinking omg I'm dying !!
Be strong and make yourself proud !!! ( and did I mention take your gaba ? )
; )

Congratulations. Your strong for putting this potent little devils behind you! Yeah the mental part scares me a little more then the physical part. I already have severe depression when im on opiates so i know im going to be depressed. Thanks so much for your support. I need someone to vent to and that has experience kicking this terrible habit. Can you help me while i go through this.

Sorry didnt see your question. Unfortunately i dont have a job at the moment. Guess its good i have no responsibilities while i go through wd. How many mgs of gabapentin should i begin with at once? I never took it in my life so idk how my body will respond to it. Is it safe to take it now its been a hour since the last blue roxy i took? Will seroquel help me sleep i have 50 mg tablets of seroquel. I also have cannabis but it always seem to intensify the withdrawl sytoms. Yall are the best! Thanks for the fast replys!

Just start w/ one (300 I assume ) i take 4x / day but the first few days as you get the crawling out of your skin anxiety riddled f'it all feelings ( Yeeehawww ) you'll prob want 2/time , and in a few hrs. when you get it coming back take more ..... You will not ( I don't think you can ) overdo it , my last attempt a few yrs ago I thought I was taking my 100mg ones and took 4 one morning - then realized they were my 300's ..... My vision got perty distorted and could barely drive home ( kinda a drunk feeling to it ) - just go one a few x a day until it's " go time " and if that's not helping , by all means take two !!
I know nothing re serequell ..... But gaba will be your lifeline , I promise you that - the hard part is remembering where you are right now and keeping yourself from having it to do again !

Sorry , yes it's safe to take now ..... And I'm prescribed it for migraines and depression , it may be a gamechanger for you in the long run as well

You can over do it with gaba, but generally it is Rx 100mg po tid for 7 days, then 300mg po tid for another 7 on and on. As said above, try 1 and see how you feel. Dont slam em all at once, use them as a tool.

Regarding seroquel, it is an atypical antipsychotic. The most it will do for you is sedate you (think thorizine). Seroquel has an atypical dose response curve, once you become sedated taking more will not result in further sedation. 50-100mg at bedtime should do wonders for sleep.

To answer your question, no opiate wd will not kill you. Stay hydrated, gatorade and water. Just make sure you pay attention to your body and keep it nourished and hydrated.

Death can result from alcohol and benzodiazepine wd due to seizure activity, as far as i know that is the only wd in and of itself that can result in death.

Also cannabis if you have access and tolerate it. Orally ingest some hash or extract.

Hypothetically if i were doing this i would wake up and take 600mg gabapentin, 50mg dxm, 800mg ibuprofen, and 200mg thc extract plus coffee, gatorade, and water.

I would repeat this at lunch time and again at dinner.

At bed i would take 100mg seroquel.

This is all hypothetical, i am not a medical professional and this is not advice.

I was able to get my hands on 2 itty bitty benzo. Two .5s. So would yall suggest taking these when the withdrawls are at their pick. And is xanax safe to mix with gabapentin. Sorry only medicine im familiar with is opiates because i was prescribed them for years due to a serious injury.

Withdrawls usually dont hit me intill the 12-15 hour mark. I never throw up from wds. The part that gets me the most and almost makes me pull my hair out is the horrific lower back and leg pain, tossing and turning in my sweat all night and the chills. The diarrhea isnt a big deal to me. Ahhh im ready for this to be over with. Well im about to get ready for my last full night of sleep for a couple weeks. Goodnight all. Thanks again for all the help. I will keep yall updated how i am doing.

The tough part is that being an addict, It's very difficult to stick to /regulate your own taper or plans for cessation. I was an addict for 5 years tried SO many times
.im not trying to be negative but the fear of being found out kept me from treatment as well. . I finally admitted it and told my family. They didn't disown me, I got through treatment... and couldn't have done it without help. I hope it works out!!
but before you just shut that idea out of your mind...it might be your best bet. You have no options for any place you could afford? Doing it cold turkey seems surmountable on paper but having outside support some structure and accountability are so helpful.

I'm about to quit too IV blk tar .4 a day GABApentin is magic dude ! I honestly would prefer that over benzos but depends on the mood ... Benzos are more mental help honestly cause no matter the dose I'm not sleeping during detox but GABA is different helps with the physical nerve pain take it but I'm scared to be addicted to that...

Yeah I know lots of people use it now for WD and they screen for it in treatment now..I don't know much About it but it's still another thing to take to feel normal. That's what sucks Benzos are the last thing you want to get addicted too and getting clean is gonna hurt its gonna be hard just don't have the mindset that you can do it with no discomfort at all. That will keep you using and addicted. It does take a lot of time to heal your brain and get back to normal.

No i started this bullcrap without help so i can quit with no help, that's my mindset. Plus once you get help they red flag you for life, and that means no more meds for life. I plan on getting old some day and i might need my meds lol. Besides its not like im doing 300 mg a day. On good days i fo 60 mg on bad days i do upwards of 100 mg. Its going to be hell but i can do it!