Withdrawl from bootleg fentanyl tablets

Man, if that errand run didn't wipe me out... Starting to feel that low energy big time.

Well, now that I'm home and fed, before I nap, I'll outline my supplement regiment.

3 450mg valerian root capsules 2-3x a day

Took one soma last night and one this afternoon, will be replacing them with 3x daily flexeril 10mg, might double them up at night.

50mg Benadryl in the morning and 100-150mg at night.

Also have NyQuil and DayQuil tablets if needed.

Meloxicam 1x daily, not sure how helpful this is even for my normal pain, but any more than one a day is pushing into ulcer and kidney damage territory.

5htp one tablet in the morning and 2 at night

One 5hour energy shot in the morning

Multivitamin gummies, 2 with food 2x daily

5mg melatonin dissolveable tablets at night 1-2 depending on how I feel.

2 Imodium tablets as needed throughout the day, trying not to exceed 6 tablets daily.

This is really out of order but should give a good idea what I'm combating this with.

Welp, just passing the 24 hour mark pretty uneventfully. Been pretty lethargic all day, was able to take a long nap. Redosed my supplements before heading out to a friend's benefit show for an hour before spending the rest of my evening at a Kava bar. Just not getting home to watch some Netflix and hopefully get a decent night's sleep. Depending on if I'm feeling up to it, might go to a health food store to get some kava. It's super helpful for withdrawals especially if you have an underlying anxiety issue as I do. Here's to 24 hours! Luckily my boss won't be in Monday so I can work from home. I'm hoping by Monday night that the worst will have passed and I can just crank out the last project I'm finishing up this week and then on to a new life out west. Cheers!

Spondy -

You are doing awesome! Keep it up! I have a few months before my quit date. However, I troll the board daily to get inspiration - cause I'm not doing it again ("it" being quitting). Thank you for posting your experience so people like me know to keep moving toward the goal.

- VE

36 hour mark - cravings are really strong, but resolve to get free is stronger. Anxiety is pretty elevated and no energy, yet totally restless. Thanks to the heavy amount of kava tea I drank last night, I almost slept through the night, at least after a panic attack between 1-3am / was able to sleep til 10:30. I struggle to make it past the 48 hour mark so I'll need to stay strong.

Spondy youre doing awesome! Way to go. This will be the hardest thing you do in your life. If you can do this, you can do anything you set your mind too. My wife and I are also thinking about relocating.

Thanks for the vote of confidence VE! I'm probably making this sound a little easier than it actually is... I'd say the hardest thing is not feeling like myself, not being able to connect with and support those I care about face to face... Living like a hermit -even for a week- is rough. Are you planning a slow taper? I started one a couple months ago but then fentanyl fucked that up for me.

Hey Noah,

How's your detox going? This isn't my first time fully withdrawling... Probably the fifth if I'm keeping track properly. The last one was super easy because I had a tramadol prescription... Once I left pain management I had a refill left and I just slowly tapered on tramadol over the course of a month and hardly noticed any change. This one isn't my worst, but not great. I guess going into it with a positive mindset, sense of accomplishment having finished a master's degree, plus a promising future is keeping me in line - but it's still a struggle none the less when relief is a phone call away.

Things are okay. I know what you're saying about making it sound easy, it's a very rough road. Im approaching the 72 hour mark and I hope it gets a little better after today. Just soooooooo bored, feel like crap and cant talk to my wife about it. Does anybody have any natural remedies for depression? I think that and the laziness is the hardest part. I have a 3 and a 15 month old and I can barely keep up. Going back to work tomorrow, so hopefully that will keep me distracted. I have to keep my eye on the prize. FREEDOM! And when I, and whomever else is battling for their soul achieves this, it will taste so sweet, I have tears in my eyes thinking about it.

Things are okay. I know what you're saying about making it sound easy, it's a very rough road. Im approaching the 72 hour mark and I hope it gets a little better after today. Just soooooooo bored, feel like crap and cant talk to my wife about it. Does anybody have any natural remedies for depression? I think that and the laziness is the hardest part. I have a 3 and a 15 month old and I can barely keep up. Going back to work tomorrow, so hopefully that will keep me distracted. I have to keep my eye on the prize. FREEDOM! And when I, and whomever else is battling for their soul achieves this, it will taste so sweet, I have tears in my eyes thinking about it.

Glad to hear you're sticking with it Noah! I know from past experience it does get easier. The boredom and lack of energy are the last things to disapate. Did you notice a reduction of physical symptoms between 48-72 hours? You're slightly ahead of me, so I'm trying to gauge what to expect. I have off work tomorrow luckily, don't know if I could handle being social / getting work done in an office setting quite yet. Coworkers kinda drive me nuts as is, luckily this is my last week there.

What kind of local do you live around? If you can sneak out and go for a nice long walk in the morning and in the evenings, ideally in the forest or a natural setting. Doing this for 45 minutes has been shown to work really well at reducing the kind of depression you're going through. It might not make you feel better instantly like fentanyl would, but it does work. It just takes practice :)

I'd suggest focusing on the little things - taking your time eating tasty foods, spending time with a pet or animal, cuddling with your SO, reading a really good book, watching a movie you can get into or emerging yourself in your favorite music. That kind of stuff is POWERFUL medicine :)

Welp... Right at the 48th Hour I fucked up. Just railed 120mg of morphine. Back to day one hour one.

Welp... Right at the 48th Hour I fucked up. Just railed 120mg of morphine. Back to day one hour one.

Try not to infantilize it like that, painting it all black and white. Yes, you slipped, but you needed to or else you wouldn't have. I hope you can use this time to appreciate what it feels like to not be in withdrawal, as it will be a useful understanding to help you get where you need to go when you're ready.

You are not back to hour one. You have just used a different tool than you might have imagined, but you're still on the path you choose. Stay strong spondy, you got this <3

Try not to infantilize it like that, painting it all black and white. Yes, you slipped, but you needed to or else you wouldn't have. I hope you can use this time to appreciate what it feels like to not be in withdrawal, as it will be a useful understanding to help you get where you need to go when you're ready.

You are not back to hour one. You have just used a different tool than you might have imagined, but you're still on the path you choose. Stay strong spondy, you got this <3

Thanks for the kind words! It's hard not to kick myself when I didn't really need to. I wasn't climbing up the walls or anything like that - I felt relatively fine compared to past withdrawals. Oh well, it's not a full reset. I'll just keep posting updates as the week wares on. Thanks for reading/supporting the good fight.

Last edited:

All is well, spongy. You made a mistake and now it's time to do exactly what you are doing, dust yourself off and keep going. You got this. get some sleep and wake up ready to fight this fucker to the death!!!

- VE

All is well, spongy. You made a mistake and now it's time to do exactly what you are doing, dust yourself off and keep going. You got this. get some sleep and wake up ready to fight this fucker to the death!!!

- VE

Y'all are fucking awesome, seriously. Thank you so much.

Dont worry spondy. I might be off the oxy fentanyl, but im still using hydrocodone and xanax. Took a xanax during the day yesterday and fell asleep in my truck at the bank. Somebody knocked on the window and was like are you okay? This is the hardest thing you will ever do. The physical symptoms feel like the worst, but it's the mental part that is the hardest to overcome. We will always be an addict. As for taking a walk, its not that nice when its 110 degrees out, and I work outside all day which is very draining. Been thinking if moving to Oregon or Utah or anywhere north west, where the climate is cooler. I dont mind wearing a jacket instead of boiling on the asphalt. Only problem is I live two houses down from my in laws. Another reason to blow my brains out

Will the xanax prolong my withdrawal? It's not an opiate,.but ive never taken it before. You got this spondy. Thanks for the advice toothpastedog, a jog around the block makes me feel normal for about an hour, best hour of my day