• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Withdrawals after only a week of use?

Sure after say relapsing for a week after a decent time (e.g 5 years) of being sober vs relapsing within a year or even a couple of months of sobriety - You won't experience as severe withdrawals after just a few days of using.
But if you were to use after anytime once you were addicted at some point in your life (weather its 5 months to 5 years of sobriety) its like someone hit a light switch in your brain & it very rarely will just be a once that you use.

After the one time of using, the next day the physical withdrawal wasn't bad but the craving was harsh...

So of course this one time use ended up turning into 5 days straight. After all I had been making alot of money recently because of finally finishing school and getting a decent job & thought "i deserved it" - Like an addict this was my lame justification for using. If anything it should have been a justification for not using as going to work in withdrawal is not fun (luckily I have some benzos and codeine to taper and make the withdrawal tolerable so I can at least do my desk job.).
For these 5 days I had a shot of morphine everyday in the morning & did my wash towards the evening.
Took my last shot this morning & tomorrow its almost certain my withdrawals will be back to square one again aka what it felt like after quitting from using everyday for 2 years.

This time I hope to never touch any opiate again unless i'm in severe pain physically. And I mean it. Because if I do touch it again I know just like most addicts its close to impossible to keep that injection to just once & the next day wake up and continue with sober life again with no problems whatsoever.

Once someone ends up with a serious opiate addiction (like 3 yrs upwards) you're basically a recovering addict for life. That's why doctors usually won't prescribe you even mild narcotic medication when they are aware of your past drug history. The longer you're on the stuff the harder your potential way to recovery ahead. After a relapse the cravings took over my thinking process, I couldn't concentrate on daily tasks and I caught myself thinking about dope time and time again while cursing myself for having fucked up once again. You start your day in the morning and tell yourself I'm not going to use after work, I'll go straight home, take a sleeping pill and doze off yet in the back of your head you already know that you're lying to yourself and that you will make a small detour in the evening. Like you mentioned as an addict you'll always find a justification to use: Didn't matter if I was on street H or in substitution, when I worked I told myself you deserve your morning/evening shot because you have been a good boy and stayed out of trouble with the law and when I gave up a job or a gf left me after a prolonged relapse I felt what the heck poor me needs something to soften the pain and depression. Just a repeating cycle.

I'm a chronic case and know if I should ever get clean again I can never touch opiates again. Also just some rehab and a couple months off won't do it. I know I'd have to move somewhere where there's no dope available (at least like a 24h travel away or similar waiting time so I could ride out any cravings while being in an unstable mood during a depressive phase) plus no substitution programs and stay there like 2 years minimum. In any case to make a serious attempt at getting clean you need a solid plan. I have seen so many people going into detox, then they just went back to their old neighbourhood surrounded by the same people more or less and relapsed within days or weeks.

I wish you good luck James.

Moving away sounds like a great idea honestly ..away from all the sketchy people and grimey hoods And what scares me the most is my "SO CALLED FRIENDS "going to want to lire me right back into using,,i cant leave and move somewhere thats dope free being im 23 and unemployed..im stuck here where i can score right up the block if i wanted to ...shit sucks ..

I hear you about so called friends. I know tons of junkies but have no junkie friends, just acquaintances I'd call them. Lots of jealousy and backstabbing going on although I met and know some who demonstrated that loyalty still meant something to them and who had my back and vice versa.

So you're 3 months clean now? Or are you in substitution?

Just used opium for 4 days and 3 days breka then 4 days again, now I get mild WDS, im eating pregabalin, so I dont feel much , only mild sweeting. So I think its ok to ha ve some opium break every now and then, tho I would like to stay on it for longer its still my favorite drug. But well now Im going to have opioid break for 6 months. I haveu se daily in past for 3 years, but I still can chip 4 days without serious WDS. Now I havent done any heroin, thats bullshit.

I hear you about so called friends. I know tons of junkies but have no junkie friends, just acquaintances I'd call them. Lots of jealousy and backstabbing going on although I met and know some who demonstrated that loyalty still meant something to them and who had my back and vice versa.

So you're 3 months clean now? Or are you in substitution?

Are u in sothern california?

Are u in sothern california?

No I'm not in California. I don't wanna go into details but a looong time ago I lived there when I was already on dope. So I came into contact with the H scene there and - unfortunately if u will - was forced to buy H all over the place, mostly in San Francisco, LA and later on for a while San Diego, with frequent trips across the Mexican border. The dope quality was really bad back then already (I used to invite certain junkies and treat them to some of my dope from Europe each time I'd received my parcel and they would nod from a tiny bit like 0.1 or 0.2g, the local Black Tar they were used to was that shitty) so I can only imagine how horrible it must be these days!