View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

will I ever be able to enjoy psychadelics? :(

aircapitoltoker

Greenlighter
Heres my bio: Tall and slender stature, male, 18, outgoing, kind, effeminate, very sensitive stomach.

I have tried mushrooms twice and both times I have had very bad nausea to the point of having to lay down and take deep breaths not to puke. I always have a pretty good feeling and euphoria and trippiness (walls breathing/rippling) you know, the usual shroom feelings, but i have that damn nausea!

Seems as if it does not go away until after I peak and have come down quite a bit.. Then I have the most amazing calm, happy feelings I have ever had! Very close to a low-medium dose of MDMA for me.

I really want to enjoy psych's.. Is there any recommendations? Should I just try acid? I heard it is less harsh on your stomach and less of that shroom mindfuck that I loathe..

please help!:\

I tried mushrooms twice two and both of the experinces were really bad. Acid altough i have not done it i hear it caused less stomach discomort and less nausa. There are so many drugs in this class though am sure there are some that would be really enjoyable.

Yeah Dankycodone, I agree. The euphoria was there.. but so was crazy ass thoughts (not necessarily good ones) and and crazy body feeling that was not too comfortable (sweating..)

I want to try some more MDA...
so bad :(
I have had quality MDMA pills that were a mix and have had the best nights of my life on them! and the most QUALITY c.e.v.'s too.. wow, those are some of the most relaxing visuals EVER.

Its very similar to nodding out on opiates, but when you close your eyes you go into a totally different world!

plus your tactile sensation is through the roof! and you feel very speedy and good.

you can tell im fiending.. lol

Ever try any dissociatives? I personally like DXM because its easy to obtain and i just like the experience, but Ketamine is equally enjoyable. There's also PCP... They're vastly different from the traditional tryptamines and phenethylamines but can still be quite a mind blowing experience.

Thank you jiffilube!

I have always been fond of DXM because back in thee day I tripped skittles twice (only took eight each time) and it was a blast! stupid as fuck, I know because of the other active ingrediants, but the DXM feeling is very euphoric and relaxing.

like an opiate kind of.. which I LOVE :D

I will definently be trying some delsyum here pretty soon! or some robo hbr idk?

any suggestions?

Feel free to explore the world of psychedelics and other hallucinogens further, nothing but mushrooms tend to cause me to vomit.

LSD
MDA
2C-E
2C-I
2C-T-7
2C-C
4-acO-DMT
DXM (powder, syrup makes me hurl as expected.)

....None of those caused stomach discomfort for me, just pure tripping! Have fun! =D

Yeah i always considered dxm a dirty drug i should try that out since i acctully enjoyed ket. Is ket on a different level then dxm ? more intense or what?

Nearly everytime I've taken shrooms I've puked, sensitive stomach, IBS, etc. I've found that if you can avoid puking for 20-30 minutes while coming up, a good vomit will take care of most of my nausea, and has actually become sort of a cue for me that my trip is about to kick into high gear.

If the mindfuck bothers you, and it does me when I'm trying to be social...just take less. I find 2g of decent booms to be pretty devoid of head games.

Alternatively, ginger extract or a small dose of dramamine taken 1/2 hour before hand can help a lot.

Or, change up your drug: lsd lacks nausea for the most part, although I don't really go for it anymore because quality of blotter is so variable.

I'm really into 2ci these days however: no nausea, no head games, is easily available in a pure form...iiiiits great!!

damn! thanks for all the help!

i will definently try to just take less and have some dried ginger candy on hand.

i would get some of this acid i've been hearing about, but it's wayy too iffy and the dealer is such a little shit.. i don't trust him.

i can get shrooms so easily for some reason

Well the issue is where the substance is going and how your body is reacting to it....

Acid is absorbed through the mouth, while mushrooms are generally processed in the stomach. So acid would probably not bother your stomach as much....

a light dose of dramamine or another suitable antienemic would work, might add a little bit of a sedative side to things though... I hear ginger hleps with nausea.

Try a bit of pepto before you eat them next time to settle your stomach...

Eat a light mean 2-3 hours before you eat the mushrooms.

The only nausea any true psych has given me (i exclude MDMA and MDA from this) was 2c-b when snorted... But that was more along the lines of the sheer amount of pain that puts in your face combined with the 5 minutes later tripping face aspect of snorting it... All other routes of administration have been wonderful....

Get some LSD if you can! It's an absolutely wonderful drug, and I've never noticed any nausea on trips.

Try brewing a tea from your mushrooms. Your stomach gets upset because it cannot metabolize raw mushrooms. By brewing them into a tea you get the active ingredients without the mushroom material which upsets your stomach. Search the forum for instructions on making tea from mushrooms.

Yeah mushrooms make my tummy rumble similarly, but I haven't eaten them in a while. At the moment I'm too restless to make another attempt...
To add to the discussion, other psychedelics may very well cause much less nausea - acid might cause tension / something like a knot in your stomache but that too will pass. The first time I did it I was burping ALL the time, but it was manageable enough...
Shrooms definitely have a freaky fibrous texture that digestion doesn't deal with too well. What other kinds of psychedelics do you have access to?
It's just that they all have a characteristic profile of effects including main trip effects as well as strange side-effects. But sure enough, body-load friendy psychedelics exist. Oral 2C-C comes to mind, for instance. Good acid should be a fine option for ya.

shrooms often make you nautious, LSD in high doses has allready made me puke, but you can smoke some weed to help with the nausea, or take some diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate to not get nautious

If you want a good clean DXM trip look up one of the extraction methods, they produce a fairly pure product and use only house hold chemicals, then you don't have to ingest any nasty filler or extra ingredients. DXM only containing products are generally the best to get, but Guaifenisen is ok too if you have a strong stomach.

Also, Ketamine is both somewhat different and 4 or 5 times more intense. I'm one of the few people who enjoy a good K-hole, but DXM also has a comparative aspect when you ingest upwards of 1-1.5gs

DXM can also only be ingested orally, so its effects last 8 to 10 times as long compared to insufflating K.

They're in the same drug class, dissociative psychedelics, so over all they have a similar effects profile, but can seem very different.

Last edited:
Don't give up on shrooms yet. How much have you been taking? I started out with only half an eighth. I have a very sensitive stomach also, to the point that I have even thrown up from weed. Because I had read that shrooms can cause nausea, and I was sure I would be prone to it, I drank half a bottle of pepto-bismol slowly over the first hour. I ended up having extremely mild nausea for about 5 minutes before I peaked that I easily had under control. Try it!

I also think that you shouldn't give up on mushrooms quite so soon. I think you'll probably be able to take them without nausea. Just to re-iterate what I thought were good suggestions:

1. Try tea. It's way less work for your stomach.
2. Pepto-Bismol beforehand

and, 3. Just work on your general stomach health before you trip. I've always had a sensitive stomach too. I've found pro-biotics to really cut down on general discomfort from psychedeilcs (and everything else that fucks up my stomach.)

For a few days before you drink your shroom tea, eat healthy (fresh fruits/veg, grains, the usual), drink tons of water and take pro-biotics to get your stomach bacteria into shape. If you regularly deal with a sensitive stomach, you'll probably enjoy the general benefits of pro-biotics anyway. I recommend Bio-K. It's like yogurt and though it's really expensive ($5USD per container), you can split it into 2 doses. 5-8 containers should get your stomach feeling great and therefore less susceptible to getting aggravated when you trip.

I hope you get a chance to really enjoy shrooms. Let us know how it goes.

take a little less of the shrooms and smoke some weed with it. bud is great for getting rid of nasuea. some people think weed enhances the shrooms, some people think it takes away mental clarity and good insights. never done shrooms so im not sure.

I puked my first time on mushrooms but had NO naseua from lsd. Id honestly recomend lsd over shrooms even to a first timer. Most psychs do cause naseua in alot of people the main way iv'e dealt with that is the worlds oldest (and probably best anti-emetic, pot.=D. Also try not to dose on a full stomach iv'e found this worsens naseua.