• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

Meth has definately helped me in the past coming off H. I stayed tweaked out until the WDs were sure to be gone (and I hardly felt any WDs at all while amped up for 4 days or so), took 4mg of xanax n crashed for 2 days. I woke up feeling so refressed, Im convinced this is the most pain free way of kicking H. Only works if u have a week or so to waste... Note: Does not work with cocaine! Anxiety goes through the roof.

Last edited:
I just made a post about this in the heroin thread in NASADD. I used adderall to help me during opiate withdrawals. It helped keep me busy and keep my mind off of the fact that I was kicking. I got a ton of stuff done during the peak of my withdrawals, instead of just laying around and thinking about how bad I felt. I think it certainly depends on the severity of the withdrawals, and since my withdrawals weren't that bad I think that is why it helped a lot.

I am testing adderrall 20mg day breaking the pills in 2 to make 10mg I have very high paranoia, loss of appetite but otherwise no withdrawal other than number 2 on the toilet. I have been doing suboxone for 3 yrs and never in my life wanting any so bad like I do to get off it suboxone is the devil if anything is it is I cannot get off subs I've tried Thomas detox method and hospitalization if there is bad wds off adderrall it cannot compare and I can say that not any other drug can compare to the horrid wds from suboxone except black because I've never done it and I've heard it's worse.

So in other words to respond to this post I am replying too. Don't ever turn to suboxone please don't I am warning you now to not do it and it really comes from my heart its sad. Subutec is inpatient only where I live but it's more prone to depedancy and other ways to consume it as well as no opioid blocker so this makes it 10 times worse than suboxone. Don't do it.

If I remember or can I will post again my status as of now I am almost 2 weeks off subs. My doctor wants me on for life :-/ which is not cool. But he is very smart too. Working out at the gym is what I do and It helps drastically; One thing my doctor advises even though I knew that's the only way I can anyways. But I need to eat right force it. Also another he says is stop smoking one thing I cannot put my hand on yet I've quit many times smoking but it's harder when you're taking drugs.

I hope this helped I try to help as much I can and when I seen this guy/girl say this is could not resist. Seems I'm frackin things up with everyone and thing in my life so this is a part of where I try to up my own ante.

I am testing adderrall 20mg day breaking the pills in 2 to make 10mg I have very high paranoia, loss of appetite but otherwise no withdrawal other than number 2 on the toilet. I have been doing suboxone for 3 yrs and never in my life wanting any so bad like I do to get off it suboxone is the devil if anything is it is I cannot get off subs I've tried Thomas detox method and hospitalization if there is bad wds off adderrall it cannot compare and I can say that not any other drug can compare to the horrid wds from suboxone except black because I've never done it and I've heard it's worse.

So in other words to respond to this post I am replying too. Don't ever turn to suboxone please don't I am warning you now to not do it and it really comes from my heart its sad. Subutec is inpatient only where I live but it's more prone to depedancy and other ways to consume it as well as no opioid blocker so this makes it 10 times worse than suboxone. Don't do it.

If I remember or can I will post again my status as of now I am almost 2 weeks off subs. My doctor wants me on for life :-/ which is not cool. But he is very smart too. Working out at the gym is what I do and It helps drastically; One thing my doctor advises even though I knew that's the only way I can anyways. But I need to eat right force it. Also another he says is stop smoking one thing I cannot put my hand on yet I've quit many times smoking but it's harder when you're taking drugs.

I hope this helped I try to help as much I can and when I seen this guy/girl say this is could not resist. Seems I'm frackin things up with everyone and thing in my life so this is a part of where I try to up my own ante.

I'm unclear as to whether you're asking for advice or giving it, but amphetamines are not a wise aid for opioid withdrawl. If you've been off of suboxone for two weeks and you feel that it is the devil, then why not stop taking the adderall and be done with it all? I understand you are using the adderall for a crutch, but the w/d symptoms from the buprenorphine should have subsided by now, and continued use of amphetamine is counterproductive to the healing process.

Do not do it! I tried taking amphetamines while withdrawling two weeks ago. It was horrible. It made my chills worse, my stomach ache, and I felt so uncomfortable and sick. I had to end up getting opioids to make me feel normal. I know your not supposed to mix the two but I had to.

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't cannabis be a better solution for WD?

It'll be lightyears better than any uppers... Hah. But, even weed.. the anxiety it can bring about in some people as well as a few other negatives could make your kick worse if your the type of person who is affected by weed that way. (Like me..) hah.

As strange as it may seem, as a long time opiate addict, I would say YES, amphetamines in moderate doses can help WDs....It makes you able to move around better and keeps that really achey horrible feeling at bay...You gotta stay hydrated and not overdo it...But especially, after you've passed day 4-5, amphetamines can definitely help...

Of course, it helps if you have benzos too, and you obviously don't wanna go on a full blown run in the midst of opiate withdrawal...But, IME...a small daily dose of amphetamines followed by a low dose of benzos later on, can absolutely help you knock the days of the withdrawals...
COKE?! Absolutely not, as SCagnettie has stated, bad idea!

In my case Methamphetamine DID indeed work! I had been using oxy intranasally pretty heavily for a few years before starting heroin. Just smoked it for about a year and then went on to bang it for another 3 years. So over all I had around 7-8 years of pretty serious opiate addiction. Just a few months ago I ran into a friend who had some meth and invited me over to party, who was I to say no??;) Of course me being a daily IV heroin user at the time I had just dosed up on my medicine not too long before so I wasn't in withdrawal as of yet but when they do hit me they are pretty fierce. This was also my first time injecting methamphetamine as I did not use IV when I used meth predominantly before. When I got my first shot of meth needless to say... it was fucking AMAZING!!!! So blah blah blah tweak this tweak that, it comes around to the time when I normally would be starting to withdrawal from the heroin and feeling like blowing my head off... But I didn't. I thought huh, I don't feel the slightest bit of sickness!! So I decide to run with it and see what happens. I was so tweaked out during this run and I really didn't even crave heroin or think about it. The meth continued to stave off withdrawals, mental and physical. So, 9 days later with maybe a few hours of sleep............ I crashed.

After all the meth psychosis induced madness was over... I was for the most part fine. Of course when I finally woke up my first thought was- Man a big fat shot of heroin would sure be nice right about now!!! That is to be expected though when you have been using a substance for such an extended period in your life. So obviously the mental addiction is still there. Physical symtoms on the other hand, once I came down from the meth I maybe hot and cold flashes every now and then.

I don't know if most of you have dosed the amp or meth when your sickness is just hitting you or while in the midst of it? My conclusion, for me anyways is if you dose the amp or meth while still under the influence of opiates and well.... roll with it for about a week;) 90% of the physical withdrawals will not be expirienced. Just gotta take a ride on the train....

But now I have been using METH hell of a lot more!!!;) Ya win some and ya lose some, and some ya just trade....

In my case Methamphetamine DID indeed work! I had been using oxy intranasally pretty heavily for a few years before starting heroin. Just smoked it for about a year and then went on to bang it for another 3 years. So over all I had around 7-8 years of pretty serious opiate addiction. Just a few months ago I ran into a friend who had some meth and invited me over to party, who was I to say no??;) Of course me being a daily IV heroin user at the time I had just dosed up on my medicine not too long before so I wasn't in withdrawal as of yet but when they do hit me they are pretty fierce. This was also my first time injecting methamphetamine as I did not use IV when I used meth predominantly before. When I got my first shot of meth needless to say... it was fucking AMAZING!!!! So blah blah blah tweak this tweak that, it comes around to the time when I normally would be starting to withdrawal from the heroin and feeling like blowing my head off... But I didn't. I thought huh, I don't feel the slightest bit of sickness!! So I decide to run with it and see what happens. I was so tweaked out during this run and I really didn't even crave heroin or think about it. The meth continued to stave off withdrawals, mental and physical. So, 9 days later with maybe a few hours of sleep............ I crashed.

After all the meth psychosis induced madness was over... I was for the most part fine. Of course when I finally woke up my first thought was- Man a big fat shot of heroin would sure be nice right about now!!! That is to be expected though when you have been using a substance for such an extended period in your life. So obviously the mental addiction is still there. Physical symtoms on the other hand, once I came down from the meth I maybe hot and cold flashes every now and then.

I don't know if most of you have dosed the amp or meth when your sickness is just hitting you or while in the midst of it? My conclusion, for me anyways is if you dose the amp or meth while still under the influence of opiates and well.... roll with it for about a week;) 90% of the physical withdrawals will not be expirienced. Just gotta take a ride on the train....

But now I have been using METH hell of a lot more!!!;) Ya win some and ya lose some, and some ya just trade....

*facepalm*

getting off oxy with meth is like quitting coffee with crack. meth addiction is the worst kind.

This is not something I recommend anybody trying as a viable option to getting off of opiates...

As strange as it may seem, as a long time opiate addict, I would say YES, amphetamines in moderate doses can help WDs....It makes you able to move around better and keeps that really achey horrible feeling at bay...You gotta stay hydrated and not overdo it...But especially, after you've passed day 4-5, amphetamines can definitely help...

Of course, it helps if you have benzos too, and you obviously don't wanna go on a full blown run in the midst of opiate withdrawal...But, IME...a small daily dose of amphetamines followed by a low dose of benzos later on, can absolutely help you knock the days of the withdrawals...
COKE?! Absolutely not, as SCagnettie has stated, bad idea!

For me, it felt like Amphetamine , (after day 6 or so) "pushed" the WDs out of my system faster and helped me feel better while they were kicked in. Just kicked a slight suboxone habit, took adderall for a week , I was done withdrawing the 2nd night!

For me, it felt like Amphetamine , (after day 6 or so) "pushed" the WDs out of my system faster and helped me feel better while they were kicked in. Just kicked a slight suboxone habit, took adderall for a week , I was done withdrawing the 2nd night!

In my personal experience, this holds true. I cannot handle taking my Adderall for the first few days of opiate withdrawal, but it helps with energy and motivation after that.

I feel like this is kind of a controversial topic, as amphetamines (whether we are talking meth or dextroamphetamine) are incredibly addictive in their own right, and suggesting their use for opiate withdrawal is not really conducive to harm reduction IMO.

However, I have to say that they can help. My experience with Crystal Methamphetamine is limited, but when I was using it, I hadn't taken methadone in about 72 hours and was really dope sick. I had tried to get some heroin, but could only find meth, and figured I'd just use it as I felt like utter shit anyway. To my surprise, Crystal seemed to take away all symptoms of opiate withdrawal for a good eight or so hours, and I even nodded out towards the end of the high which was strange, as I usually crash really hard from stimulants, especially if I'm also in opiate withdrawal.

Adderall (mixed amphetamines) and Dextroamphetamine also seem to push the withdrawals to the side, but for a shorter period of time, and with adderall, I feel that in the end its not even worth it as the crash makes the opiate w/d so much worse.

Either way, I cannot say that I recommend using stimulants for acute opiate withdrawal. Perhaps when the worst is over, low doses of d-amphetamine could be helpful to get one out of bed and doing things, but the doses would have to be pretty low, and the use infrequent. It would be unfortunate to just trade your opiate addiction for a speed addiction.

^Completely true, IMO
You don't wanna pick up an amphetamine addiction, God forbid!
But in the short term, it's just so hard to get through those opiate WDs, and most of us are willing to try and do anything to keep away the symptoms for awhile!
And, as we all know, if you use once, it pretty much resets everything! If you're in a horrible opiate addiction, amphetamines might help you bridge the gap...

I've had people tell me I was crazy, but I've experienced it!

HAHAHA!!! I never said I RECOMMENDED IT..... I was merely sharing my expirience related to the thread subject.... Obviously METH addiction is nothing you want to get dragged into.... As far as saying it is the worst kind of addiction, that all depends on the individual. For me HEROIN or just opiate addiction in general was the hardest thing I have gone through in my whole life!!!! Thought I was gonna die with a needle in my arm( actually did to an extent-respiratory failure, no pulse... was revived about 20 minutes later)

Anyway...... Like I said, The route I took is definately not recommended!!! But related to the topic at hand that was my expirience and after 7-8 years of a love-hate relationship with opiates, in the past 3 months I have only shot up one little tenth bag!!!! Also my METH usage is dwindling!!! METH is fun, but it just aint the lifestyle for me....

For most it makes it worse. And if I started on amps (meth) when I was beginning to WD it wouldn't do shit..that or it'd make it worse like most will tell you.

But if say..I start smoking Friday night at 10pm and also do a shot of dope...and normally id be sick by 10am, if im still smoking i will totally forget about the dope. At hour 15 ill be like shit I'm sick...wtf am I doing..but i wouldnt be able to get off dope with or without suboxone if i didnt have my meth :) But like I said, from my experience you have to be already pretty smoked and not start when youre already in or close to WD.

It's a very bad idea. I once tried PV on the first day of one of my WDs from opis. Felt awful. No extra mental or physical energy was obtained. Heart palps and dizziness & feeling feint (close to blacking out) upon walking even a few steps (presumably blood pressure related) was enough for me never to do this again.

(If you didnt know your BP soars through the roof during WD, adding a stimulant on top of that is a crazy and dumb idea. It must be - i tried it.)