• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Wich are the best movies to watch under psychedelics ?

Pi (1998)

The Fountain (2006)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)

I typically do not watch movies while tripping, but those 3 I have done so, and it was particularly memorable. Fear and Loathing is kinda just a default for me, if I'm spun on various drugs I just put it on sometimes. Sometimes a narrative voice calms me down.

the thing about movies and tripping, i tend to turn all of my visuals that i normally would be getting from the drug while concentrating on the movie screen. i remember i watched ET on 5meo-amt and i wasn't tripping at all while watching the movie, i had some emotional response to it as i was crying through out the end of the movie, but it wasn't really trippy or anything at all until i finished watching the movies and changed rooms... crying from watching the movie made me depressed about some stuff i saw on the news and i spent a long time in some kind of light portal just crying about ET and how bad the news was..

Ideally though i'd like to watch some corny horror movies and then get some visuals of the main characters, like it's funny for me to see killer clowns or leprachuan type stuff... a lot of times while tripping and with HPPD stuff looks about as real with the transparency of the ghosts in the Disney ride "The haunted mansion."

Clockwork Orange, anything by Kubrick will take on hidden meanings (or you will get the intended meanings)
Many music movies/video, of course.

Don't fancy watching anything like that on psychedelics myself. Prefer to watch something inspiring or learning about new stuff. Or just something funny.

Graham Handcock videos took on a whole new dynamic on Ketamine. Or Anthony Bourdain. Also Roberto vs the World on Youtube has some amusing content also.

These are some epic suggestions. My partner and i prefer 3d animated kids movies. Shrek, toy story, how to train your dragon etc

oh and definitely Enter the Void (2009)

very very emotionally intense movie and great visuals, insanely trippy while on LSD in ways you wouldn't except

if you haven't heard of it, the whole movie is a play on the pseudo-scientific idea that within the moments before you die, you experience an endogenous DMT like trip, reliving your entire life as an infinite fractal hallucination frozen in time

It's very trippy, the entire movie is literally a trip manifested on film, but also very emotionally intense to watch while high on psychedelics. The movie produces the entire gamut of possible human emotion, especially if you're tripping. Unique experience for sure.

every psychonaut should see it

Last edited:
Not usually keen on watching films (or anything) while tripping, but really enjoyed Yellow Submarine after the peak of an acid trip but while still tripping quite heavy - it was made with psychedeics in mind...

Plus, if you count weed as a psychedelic, I ld say go Troma! Toxic avenger, Tromeo and Juliet, Nazi Surfers Must die etc., they were a must for me when I was still able to smoke weed. Probably are enjoyable on other psychedelic stuff as well

Lord of the Rings can be good too.
comfort movie for me, if I'm too high I'll put LOTR on

easy to fall asleep to the audiobooks, when I'm in withdrawals or otherwise limited to my bed, I'll end up listening to the audiobooks

nice way to zone out with your eyes closed for long periods, better than TV IMO

I'm a tolkien nerd tho

Pi (1998)

The Fountain (2006)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)

I typically do not watch movies while tripping, but those 3 I have done so, and it was particularly memorable. Fear and Loathing is kinda just a default for me, if I'm spun on various drugs I just put it on sometimes. Sometimes a narrative voice calms me down.

Also Noah (2014) was trippy in parts, other movies by Aronofsky too

Easy Rider (1969).
Personally I would not recommend watching “Kids” while tripping lol. I mean it’s not a bad movie and different strokes and all, it’s just more in the category of “gritty realism” for me and thus wouldn’t immediately come to mind when thinking of a movie to watch on psychedelics
Clockwork Orange, anything by Kubrick will take on hidden meanings (or you will get the intended meanings)...
Easy Rider, Kids, and A Clockwork Orange are all movies that are certainly worth watching, but I would not want to see them while tripping. Recipe for a bad trip, IMHO.