• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Wich are the best movies to watch under psychedelics ?

i watched killer clowns from outerspace while tripping hoping to get some images of killer clowns in the air, but it wasn't really that cool maybe cause i didn't take enough. it kind of came back to me as HPPD later on, images of clowns. i remember one time i saw the Toxic Avengers head floating around at a job i was working in a warehouse. I haven't even seen that movie since i was like 5. lol

i really like the movie Beetlejuice... anything from when i was a child in the 80's. Groundhogs day, the christmas movie with Bill Murray, ghost busters... i like watching muppets

For adult movies, Naked Lunch is pretty weird. it's about a writer and his type writer turns into monsters and stuff as he takes drugs such as pesticides and random crushed up bugs from another country.. it's kind of confusing and might not even make sense. it's supposed to be a loose portrayl of william s. burroughs life, the author that wrote naked lunch, but i'm not sure how factual it really is... definitely better than the book though. the only writing of burroughs i really like is his essays about real life stuff. his fiction is just too much uncool stuff for me. the movie is pretty toned down from his books though...

Kids was a pretty popular movie that a lot of people know about, not even saying to watch that, esspecially on psychedelics, but one of the dudes that had something to do with that Harmony Korine has a few movies he directed and Julien Donkey Boy is shot with all older cameras and it's visually pretty trippy... It might be kind of too much bad vibes for some people to enjoy though, like family violence and some just pretty screwed up stuff. i might watch it not tripping first to get the whole story... i don't want to give away the ending but it could get some people in a bad way. Visually it's a cool movie though. the color the film creates is awesome and werner herzog the old director acts in it. Ewen Bremmer i think from trainspotting and Chloe Sevigny are in it too. i can't even say i recommend watching Harmony Korines other movies. i haven't even seen the newer ones, but gummo like some burroughs writing is a bit too much to me, like i remember watching it and thinking the colors and imagery was great, but it's like perverted and weird, i'm not sure if it's supposed to be funny shocking or what. i can't really even remember too much of it cause it's been like 20 years since i watched it, but there's really no point and it's just like fucked up... At least with Julien Donkey Boy, it's kind of like real life that someone has probably experienced before with all the fucked up stuff people do on the news and how poor and mistreated some people coming to this country were back in the day... that's just the way i think of it. gummo is shocking imagry with no real purpose, but Julien donkey boy, seems like something that could have happened. I have a book by Harmony Korine too "a crack up at the race riots", can't say i get much sense from it. it's supposed to be "post modern". i spent a lot of time reading it and he's just a dude that likes to tell people how fucked up he is... would recommend Julien Donkey Boy if you can handle fucked up shit you'd hear on an average news episode though. can't say how much i like his camera work and the old cameras he uses.

If i were rich i'd totally buy up all the old VCRs and old VHS tapes from ebay... i'd get some acid and watch all old horror movies with the tracking out... i was trying to find the Pupper Master series over the internet a few years ago when i was tripping a lot and almost spent a bunch of money to buy it on cassette with some old unopened VCRs in like 2016. i was watching the previews on you tube. seemed pretty cool. i love how the tracking goes out on VHS and how grainy the film is. that stuff gets me. i love static and the block screens when the cable used to go out too... people say that being rich doesn't solve problems, but spiritually i feel like being in touch with old VHS stuff would make my life better... I Got a Hi-8 VHS camcorder over ebay when i was tripping a lot and the original owner left a video of their personal life in it.. there was a lot of cool architecture in the rain from i have no idea where and these people's family gatherings and i remember i had a crush on one of the girls in the video. i was watching that while tripping and it was really cool to me.

Personally I would not recommend watching “Kids” while tripping lol. I mean it’s not a bad movie and different strokes and all, it’s just more in the category of “gritty realism” for me and thus wouldn’t immediately come to mind when thinking of a movie to watch on psychedelics

A Field in England is on my list to try. Even though I'm Scottish and thus hate everything English (except my English BL fam)!

Personally I would not recommend watching “Kids” while tripping lol. I mean it’s not a bad movie and different strokes and all, it’s just more in the category of “gritty realism” for me and ththatus wouldn’t immediately come to mind when thinking of a movie to watch on psychedelics
that's why i wrote in the same string of words "not even saying to watch that, esspecially on psychedelics," that movies not even shot as cool as the other movie i recommended and wrote i was skeptic to even recommend to certain groups of people.... i kind of wish harmony korine would get into something like nature films or something peaceful cause he is a pretty good director in terms of camera work. i like it. i can't stress enough that the dude is fucked up though... i pretty much just like the colors that the cameras he used picked up. there is a lot of blue tones in the movie Julien Donkey Boy, all old cameras with old film.

Literally anything you like.

I saw the Muppets once on a healthy amount of LSD I laughed until I turned blue.

Then again I watched hell boy on a healthy amount of LSD and also laughed my ass off.

Sometimes it's just all too funny

Tell you what though watch A Neil Degrassi talk about the cosmos or a documentary about the human body will blow you away.

But higher doses anything that's not elevator music might get confusing.

Last edited:
that's why i wrote in the same string of words "not even saying to watch that, esspecially on psychedelics," that movies not even shot as cool as the other movie i recommended and wrote i was skeptic to even recommend to certain groups of people.... i kind of wish harmony korine would get into something like nature films or something peaceful cause he is a pretty good director in terms of camera work. i like it. i can't stress enough that the dude is fucked up though... i pretty much just like the colors that the cameras he used picked up. there is a lot of blue tones in the movie Julien Donkey Boy, all old cameras with old film.

Yeah I kind of like him (Korine) too, he seems kind of like an irl troll/degenerate, which I definitely appreciate. As far as his actual work goes, some of it I like and some of it not so much, but I at least appreciate that he’s trying to do something different

Run Lola Run
Heavy Metal

Watched them both during my first acid trip when I was 16. Circa 2000. 2.5 hits of paper.

Yeah I kind of like him (Korine) too, he seems kind of like an irl troll/degenerate, which I definitely appreciate. As far as his actual work goes, some of it I like and some of it not so much, but I at least appreciate that he’s trying to do something different
oh jeeze. i was watching some of the movie i recommended Julien Donkey Boy last night and i fully remembered the ending now... this stuff has some bad vibes too it... i remembered really liking how the movie was shot, but i actually wouldn't even recommend watching it unless a person is into some real twisted shit... i thought Julien Donkey Boy was kind of better than his other movies, it kind of reminded me of the book Of Mice and Men how the mentally handicapped person causes trouble, Although it kind of seems like it could've been a realistic situation, the last scene of that movie is just bad and i totally forgot. i feel like typing this is gonna make some one out there watch it out of curiosity... For real, not a very good movie, although the cameras the dude uses pick up some cool colors... i should've posted it in a "trippy film work" thread and not "what to watch while tripping"... sorry.. good looks Burnt Offerings to make me think about recommending this movie a little more.. if anybody is curious, i will give a spoiler of the whole basic point of the movie if anybody is curious.