• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why's Gabapentin so good for H withdrawal

losangeles1993

Bluelighter
So my girls dad has a whole bottle of them..should I use it when I'm kicking H ..what's so good about it...I got high again these past 3 days smh..and is it safe to take with Suboxone and Seroquel at night?

"Using Quetiapine together with buprenorphine can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting)" from drugs.com.
Quetiapin both alone and in combintion with other drugs can induce QTc interval prolongation and torsade de pointes (TdP) both of which are heart conditions. If you would like to know more this research review is a good place to start. But in general, no one on a forum whether or not it is safe to take a drug or a drug combination. But obviously, Suboxone and Seroquel (quetiapine) can be dangerous to combine. Your doctor can take an electrocardiogram (ECG) and advice you as to the safety of the combination based on this reading.

Gabapentin might be able to decrease your level of uncomfortability to a small degree. I found a case study researching the effects of gabapentin on opioid withdrawal: Saleh et al., 2011, 'Importance of gabapentin dose in treatment of opioid withdrawal', Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology Oct;31(5):593-6. In the study they found that a"dose of 1600 mg/d is effective in reducing some of the withdrawal symptoms in patients addicted to opiate undergoing methadone-assisted detoxification".

Last edited:
DON'T DO IT, PLEASE!!!

I got VERY fucked up from Mixing Bupe and Seraquel concerning the irregular heartbeat. Id ended up in thw hospital for it and i don't think it's as uncommon as they mention. For weeks leading up to the hospitaliztion I was getting seriously bad dizzy spells and BP spikes. I already hace high blood pressure so this whole situation was dangerous for me, seriously so.

I was on the two combined for two months, it got so bad towards the end. Not worth thw risk IMO.

Gabapentin by itself is one of the solid painkiller withdrawal aids w/o any opioid effects. Afaik no one understands the mechanism of action completely. It involves sodium channels I believe? Phenibut and lots of antiepileptic drugs have a similar action.

Gabapentin itself in staggered doses will lead to a mood boost, heavy body high, euphoria, and relaxation. It should help a lot with the depression and restlessness of withdrawal.

If you have other questions please ask, and def listen to the advice above! Dangerous interactions are nothing to fuck with.

gabapentin has something to do with funky activity at calcium channels IIRC

I've a buddy who swears by the stuff for w/d from opioids. Except his dumb ass is always taking 4000mg+ bolus doses despite the fact that popping ~300mg every 30-40min is way more effective.

As Sekio said^ it smooths out any Neuronal kinks so to speak with its voltage gated calcium regulation. It is intelligent in the way your DOC that you are withdrawing from, doesn’t seem to matter “ FUNKILY it does not discriminate”

On a more serious note, please be aware that withdrawing from the Gaba or pregab, is at the very least as bad as a benzo withdrawal. Use wisely I emplore you my friend ?

All gabapinoids are godsend for opioids WD's, I think phenibut is best because it works so long, whole day, but gabapentin and pregablin work also pregabalin is pretty short-lived but gabapentin works longer. Also GHB/GBL works great, but downside is that you have to use it every 1-2h. But gabapinoid WD's can be as nasty as opioid wd's, so don't use them over 1 week daily. They are best to use with short acting opioid WD's. For sleep quetiapine is great anyway. If you experience any side-effects after quitting gabapåinoids, take some benzos for 1 week, benzos take much longer time to get addicted, 2 weeks at least for me does not cause anything with daily use, 2 month 2mg clonazepam + 1mg alprazolam use caused 1 week insomnia.

Gabapentin by itself is one of the solid painkiller withdrawal aids w/o any opioid effects. Afaik no one understands the mechanism of action completely. It involves sodium channels I believe? Phenibut and lots of antiepileptic drugs have a similar action.

Gabapentin itself in staggered doses will lead to a mood boost, heavy body high, euphoria, and relaxation. It should help a lot with the depression and restlessness of withdrawal.

If you have other questions please ask, and def listen to the advice above! Dangerous interactions are nothing to fuck with.
So should I only use the Gabapentin and Suboxone? And which one should I take first cause I'm doing my last bag tonight! And the Gabapentin he has are like multi color pills idk the MG of it and what's a safe dose for first timer using it ..thank you

Yea forget seroquel. Bad shit. Look up the gabap on google, you'll find it there. Wait 72+ hours after the bag to begin subs. Get info on suboxone induction.

For the period between H and Subs i would recommend using gabap to help you thru. In my experience, I found that 300mg every 30-45min to a total daily dose of 1800-3600mg was effective. These are ridiculous doses for sumone with no experience though so tread very very very carefully. You need to research prescribing info for sub and gabap.

Try to refrain from gabap once you begin subs as they can potentially cause respiratory depression etc.

Wait to get some more responses here.

DON'T DO IT, PLEASE!!!

I got VERY fucked up from Mixing Bupe and Seraquel concerning the irregular heartbeat. Id ended up in thw hospital for it and i don't think it's as uncommon as they mention. For weeks leading up to the hospitaliztion I was getting seriously bad dizzy spells and BP spikes. I already hace high blood pressure so this whole situation was dangerous for me, seriously so.

I was on the two combined for two months, it got so bad towards the end. Not worth thw risk IMO.

Kinda sorta freaked out now. I was in detox then rehab and got out about 2 weeks ago. But while in there I was on suboxone 8mg a day every day 300mg gabapentin 3x a day and at night 200mg of seroquel to sleep. And when I left they sent me home with meds and a script 30days worth for each of them. So yeah I think I’m done with seriquel 😳

Not that this is100% relavent but I actually withdrawled from 320 mg of Oxycontin when I entered a Federal prison and although they gave me 10mg 3x a day of oxycodone, big fucking whoop! However over the next 5-6 months they switched me to Gabapentin. I have to tell you, they hand that stuff out like candy in there. I used to enjoy my evening dose after dinner, a little tv and some good music and was tight. BTW, those first couple weeks were absolutely horrific!

Lyrica is best suited for wd, as it is all the good of gabapentin and none of the negatives, aswell as being 3x stronger due to its near 100% bioavailability vs gabapentin 30%

i've been able to cut down when using albeit large doses of pregabalin, but i have combined gabapentin and lyrica extensively in doses i probably shouldn't mention, but the synergy was simply epic, I used them alongside amphetamines, to take both the wd and amp edge/ anxiety off/lessen it however you want to put it. very effective anxiety reliever aswell. pentin is alittle more of a downer vs lyrica aswell, which wasn't a bonus to my stims.

Pregabalin and gabapentin are both excellent comfort meds for opiate withdrawal, definitely grab some if you can. Pregabalin (Lyrica) is better because it's much more potent but either will help.

I am rattling from oxy (my dose was at least 160mg per day) right now and it is mostly the addition of some pregabalin that has lifted most of the withdrawals. I then had some lope on top and that's that, I practically feel normal and even a bit high. I am surprised by this but even the lethargy has gone on pregabs. I thought it'd make that part worse but nope.

The only warning I will give with the gabapentinoids is make sure you don't swap one habit for another as pregabalin especially can be quite addictive itself. Dependence builds quickly so use low doses and come off it after a week (when the worst of the w/d should be behind you) to make sure you don't end up hooked on something else instead.

As others have said leave the Seroquel alone. As well as the interaction it's just a nasty fucking drug anyway.

Pregaba/gabapent/phenibut are great for opioid wds the wds for them alone are like benzo wds but for me less severe and last far shorter than benzo wds.

Calvium channels and downstream gaba regulation somehow i think

Yes @Tryptamite i fee you are also one of the happy yet a bit confused like me, as to why it is so successful. I literally ran out of Oxy on Tues (120mg a day) and have covered the time since with Phenibut and low dose pregabalin, with almost none existent withdrawals symptoms, just restless arms and sweating a bit. Mental issues are obliterated.

I hope others find this and avoid hell on Earth too 👍

Yes @Tryptamite i fee you are also one of the happy yet a bit confused like me, as to why it is so successful. I literally ran out of Oxy on Tues (120mg a day) and have covered the time since with Phenibut and low dose pregabalin, with almost none existent withdrawals symptoms, just restless arms and sweating a bit. Mental issues are obliterated.

I hope others find this and avoid hell on Earth too 👍
what sucks is that pregaba/ really any gabapentinoid, build tolerance extraordinarily quick :/

Gabapentin is completely useless to me I've tryed doses between 100-4000mg never did shit for me (my opinion)

Now Lyrica on the other hand that'll work I've used doses of 100mg a day to 1200mg a day the recommended maximum dose a day is 600mg I prefer 400-600mg at a time definitely helps restless leg syndrome

Cos it affects.gaba and must affect somenooiste receptor somehow atleast pregabalin does as the effects are too good for a tablet bk otnmeant to get you high. Gabapentin has a horrible withdrawal I felt insane from three.konth constant abuse cut down t ok hundred mg a day j still don't feel right now a days beerbhelped since
Pregabalin and bsclofen are also very good for withdrawal shame j got s pregab tolerance