• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why?

EDM tends to be produced by people who use MDMA for people using MDMA so I think it makes sense.

There is actually a good neurological explanation of it in one of my psych textbooks. I'll see if I can find it. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to find it though, I have many many boxes of books in the garage and it's in there somewhere.
In the meantime I'm sure one could google it and find a reasonable explanation.
simstim's theory is also very applicable.

There is actually a good neurological explanation of it in one of my psych textbooks. I'll see if I can find it. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to find it though, I have many many boxes of books in the garage and it's in there somewhere.
In the meantime I'm sure one could google it and find a reasonable explanation.
simstim's theory is also very applicable.
Did you find the textbook?

Its simple. The answer is serotonin release coupled by dopamine and norepinephrine release/reuptake. But the key is serotonin release.

*Oh EDM didn't see that. Then the answer is a combo of this and and simstims point

Also EDM type music will enhance the dopaminergic and noradrenergic properties of the rhythm/bass. Serotonin release enhances melody.

Its simple. The answer is serotonin release coupled by dopamine and norepinephrine release/reuptake. But the key is serotonin release.

*Oh EDM didn't see that. Then the answer is a combo of this and and simstims point

Also EDM type music will enhance the dopaminergic and noradrenergic properties of the rhythm/bass. Serotonin release enhances melody.
I see

Did you find the textbook?
I did not, however.....

Precisely this.

and this classic

When I was getting bullied at school I used to sleep in my brother's room and listen to all his trance (he worked Nightshift) and it helped me go to sleep lol that is a blast from the past thank you 💛

There is a big connection with music and the serotonergic system/serotonin in general. At least in my mind.