TDS Why you should rotate sites (nsfw pics)

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
After already losing most of the veins in my hands from bad technique as a noob years ago, drunk technique or shooting too strong ph or too hot shots of ket last year (I know I know, I wasn't in a great place last year I'm better now I don't need telling it's stupid - I know well enough - I'm posting this to warn/educate others who may have their 'fuck-it' button sellotaped down) I was pretty much left with this one big beautiful monster of a drain pipe on the back of my left hand. This sexy fucker was always juicy and bouncy and it would register a lovely plume first dig every fucking time. I loved it. Even though it had a very obvious and distinct pink scar all the way down it. Rarely, I would even hit it with 25g needles, but normally just 28g...

After a few day speed k and booze binge (the last binge she ever saw) she looked like this

about 32-35 digs, maybe more tbh (fucking idiot when im on speed AND wonky)
even at this point shes still bouncy and juicy, begging for more, man, I had such good veins :(

Then stupidly before these healed I went and shot 3ml of hot water with X amount of ket into it, using a 25g head. It registered and starting going in then my hand started to burn a bit (not as much as a miss) and all the skin either side of the vein crinkled up. Pretty sure I just blew the vein and all the shot leaked out because I didnt get the bellringer I was hoping for.
At first I thought it was ok just like a miss and would go down in a few days. But no.
(note I was using all sterile, new needles, clean gear, clean spoons, boiled water, filters etc and had washed and alcohol wiped my hands prior)
Photos say the rest.
Pay good attention to the timestamps at the bottom of the pics for how long between each pic and how long it took to heal

(ignore the hospital band - i was there for an unrelated reason)

Last edited:
this first pic is a close up of the last, looks like fucking gangreen or some necrosis shit going on idk

it seemed to calm down then all of a sudden get lots more green i was pretty concerned it was going to continue spreading all over my hand

Last edited:

(ignore the white thats from work)

This was it still bad 19 days later

So I was luckily in hospital for 4 days on IV antibiotics for a completely different thing at the time i had the band in the pics so that OBVIOUSLY helped alot.
I then took antibiotics for 2 weeks after I was discharged. It took another few weeks at least to fully go.

Lucky for me now it just looks like a burn scar, and its in a believable place to say that I burnt it on an oven while getting a pizza out drunk (very belivable for me).
Imagine if this was in your crook on or on your fucking neck or something. Fuck that.

I miss that vein. And I'm reminded every day of how stupid I was.
Here's the scars today

Be smart. Don't be like me
ROTATE SITES

Last edited:
Damn man, I'm sorry about it. But good on you for posting some informative stuff for others to hopefully follow.

Damn man, I'm sorry about it. But good on you for posting some informative stuff for others to hopefully follow.
Don't be sorry pal I was a fool - but yes I am hoping it can open some eyes or scare people away from IV binges/IV in general (it's more aimed at newbies tbh).

The last 2 pics aren't showing for me (the healed pics) can you see them bud?

Yep I can see em.

Yeah I made some shitty decisions when I was a noob at injecting and my veins definitely paid the price.

I will never truly understand, as a non-IV/IM user, why you guys can't just snort the shit and take a load off your veins/body! :(

say to my face that IV is so much better than intranasal that you will destroy yourself because of it

because I have a hard time believing it! :(

seriously I don't understand.... snorting drugs including K has always been more than enough for me.... :/

Don't get me wrong, my nose has been inflamed and profusely bled from drugs.... but I'd rather that then have collapsed veins and shit like that :(

if anything... just mix up your route of administration?!?! Christ man!

For some reason IMGUR won't work for me at the moment, but I hope you are healing.

I posted on here a thread, I currently have an infection on the back of my hand/wrist and further up my arm. It is worrying me how long it will take to heal as the middle is a black spot which seems necrotic.

I know what its like when you find a vein and its the 'one'- just seems like it will keep going so you use it all the time. We both know from experience this is a bad thing and if it stops just one person from doing the same it is worth sharing.

I will never truly understand, as a non-IV/IM user, why you guys can't just snort the shit and take a load off your veins/body! :(

say to my face that IV is so much better than intranasal that you will destroy yourself because of it

because I have a hard time believing it! :(

seriously I don't understand.... snorting drugs including K has always been more than enough for me.... :/

Don't get me wrong, my nose has been inflamed and profusely bled from drugs.... but I'd rather that then have collapsed veins and shit like that :(

if anything... just mix up your route of administration?!?! Christ man!
Its hard to explain. Not only is it so much better IMO as its wayyy stronger and you need less material, the whole needle using ritual is fucking addictive too.
I dont recommend it to anyone - its a whole new demon to using that i wish id never encountered.
For some reason IMGUR won't work for me at the moment, but I hope you are healing.

I posted on here a thread, I currently have an infection on the back of my hand/wrist and further up my arm. It is worrying me how long it will take to heal as the middle is a black spot which seems necrotic.

I know what its like when you find a vein and its the 'one'- just seems like it will keep going so you use it all the time. We both know from experience this is a bad thing and if it stops just one person from doing the same it is worth sharing.
Mine had a black spot in the middle too that (going by dates on pics) came after about 10 days and about 9 days later turned redish into a scab. BUT i was on strong antibiotics
Have you sought medical advice?

Its hard to explain. Not only is it so much better IMO as its wayyy stronger and you need less material, the whole needle using ritual is fucking addictive too.
I dont recommend it to anyone - its a whole new demon to using that i wish id never encountered.

Mine had a black spot in the middle too that (going by dates on pics) came after about 10 days and about 9 days later turned redish into a scab. BUT i was on strong antibiotics
Have you sought medical advice?
I have, I am on flucloxocillin now and a topical cream. I have to wait till this course finishes then I might need a next one- hopefully not though.

I have, I am on flucloxocillin now and a topical cream. I have to wait till this course finishes then I might need a next one- hopefully not though.
Oh yeah i just saw your thread. Looks to be healing...not sure how mine ended up with so much green around the black, i was using fresh needles clean spoon alcohol wipes the lot! Goes to show you can never be too careful

Wish you all the best pal

Oh yeah i just saw your thread. Looks to be healing...not sure how mine ended up with so much green around the black, i was using fresh needles clean spoon alcohol wipes the lot! Goes to show you can never be too careful

Wish you all the best pal
I can see the pictures of yours on IMGUR today on the forum, the first were typical tracks but then ended up as that. I really am glad they have healed for you now by the looks of it, but it is very worrying at the time isn't it. It is healing my pharmacist has said, before it was more wet than I posted and that's what worried them and why I contacted the GP for treatment. I have a few other bumps on other sites but not as bad, just red and raised.

I was trying to hide the addiction from my Mum, so was re using needles (my own), some spoons were coated in whatever was left where I had reused them 20+ times, plus I was using vinegar as the acid. Sometimes it wouldn't break down so instead of watering the vinegar down I would use straight vinegar out of the bottle and just heat that with the brown in. I know- stupid.

You too mate, keep safe and keep well.

EDIT: I noticed at first you thought it was a miss that would go down, that's exactly what happened with the top of my wrist. Where I was using vinegar it always stung a tiny bit, sometimes more than others, I had a flashback when I pulled back even though it hurt more so kept going, pulling back, seeing blood so carried on. Thought it was just being sensitive but I gather I blew the vein as well like you, and where a mix of vinegar, street heroin and dirty equipment left me where I am.

Totally. And @SnafuInTheVoid , hopefully you never will understand (meant in the most positive of ways of course 🙂) *IMHO* IV, for most substances, is the superior method, especially in terms of efficacy. Like I have consumed cocaine intranasally, smoked it as crack, and have had it IV'ed, and I would rank them in that order of intensity from least to most. Except the only time I've had it IV was when it was already in crack form, so my 'friend's explained we had to dissolve in lemon juice.Lemon Juice tastes fucking weird through the veins, man.

Now, if it's so great why don't I or everyone do it all the time? Simple really, for most its stigma. If my spouse and close friends and family didn't turn there noses up in disgust (Ironically however, a few of the very same have no problem putting their noses DOWN, for sniffing) I'd likely still enjoy a nice lil something now and then. It really depends on the substance though, at least for me, because with that extreme efficacy comes extreme redosing impulsions, and THAT is dangerous. combined with (most) users not being 100% hygienic in their IV use, whether it's due to local laws that restrict needle access or supplies, or the user is rushing so as to not get caught or stigmatized. That's how I got an abccess shootinf suboxone, and the very same reason I drained and treated it myself. It was fairly bad, square in the middle of my arm, couldn't bend it.. I took a clean needle and plunged into it and pulled back, only to pull back PUS. With the abcess punctured I'd rinse, gentle pressure (couldn't stand much more) and tiny bit by bit de-pused my arm, over like 3 days. That gauze they have at the hospital really helped wick out the ooze. I had some spare antibiotics and was taking those as well, and I'd say after what felt like a fucking eternity but was probably more like 7-10days, (the puss came to like a bubble?) and I was able to get the remainder out. So yeah the experience of self draining and treating an abcess, and praying my family didn't catch on, and praying even harder I didn't lose my arm, put a big damper on IV use for me. The experience could have been avoided through:

1) Abstinence!!!!!
2) Having a clean, safe non-judgmental place to dose

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have tons and tons of experience treating abcesses myself. I would never recommend to anybody to do it, but this is how I would treat mine.
There comes a point in the wound where it is a little squishy where the pus has concentrated. I would put a hot compress over it for a good amount of time, wash the site, sterilize the site, take a sterilized razor, and cut it open, just like they would at the ER. You have to push to make it through the layers of skin to get to the part where it's just the pus, but it's not hard to feel that you've cut through into the "compartment", and pus will IMMEDIATELY start pouring out. You've got to cut where the wound is at its softest. DO NOT cut where it is hard to the touch. Then you squeeze, squeeze, squeeze until it feels like you've drained it. If it's a deep one, take clean packing gauze, cover it in iodine, and shove it in there. This will help the wound heal from the inside so the incision doesn't close up before it finished healing. Buy some Hibiclens for washing it. Don't use Neosporin because you want that cut to stay open so it can keep draining. I would even squeeze it the following day just to make sure I was getting everything out.
Obviously you should go to the ER, but I would get them so often that I had to do them myself instead of go to the ER every other week. And I'm not a Dr, this is just the most effective way of treating them IME. And I never had any problems with them getting infected after draining them. And boy oh boy, the release of PRESSURE as soon as you cut that fucker open is DELIGHTFUL to say the least. After however long you've had it, and dealing with the pain while you're waiting for it to be ready to cut.... man.
Every other week? I can't even imagine. Yep you described the process much better than me, hopefully anyone with an abcess can/will SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION but if they can't/won't, I hope they see your post. Some antibiotics are also great to have, but if happening every other week perhaps not bc then with the frequency the body would likely build a resistance too them, amd you def don't want that. If it's a one off one though I say yes definitely find/take the APPROPRIATE antibiotics as well if possible. I wasn't as tough as you and couldn't take care of it in just 1 go, it took a few days of the squeeze squeeze, but I also had this nice gauze to help wick the pus and outwards.

Yeah I'd like to say my experience turned me off from IV for good but I defineitly shot up a few more times a few months after that, mostly suboxone, once or twice some crack. Had I not successfully treated it, I would've had to go to the ER and try to explain to my wife, who had recently given me an ultimatum on the subject, and we have a wonderful little girl together. For me it wasn't the health risks, I was no stranger to those. It was the possibility of losing everything that mattered. Which brings me back to stigma, bc my wife still sniffs sub to this day while I take it orally now (after years of sniffing it caused this weird reaction, and I ended up getting MERSA, In one of nasal cavities, not fun. bc of steady bupe maint I didn't bring up, I got pain meds but nothing was working, I was literally screaming/crying incoherently when I came too post-op, forgot the 1st mrds I heard em try but finally someone called for IV fentanyl and then I came too again a few hrs later a lil better. takeaway of this side note is that fent overpowers bupe? Idk) and since that incident whenever I've tried to sniff bupe, either nostril, it gives me this weird rash/irritation in and right around it. Nothing else however, the occasional line of coke or Adderall doesn't produce the above described effects. But I was snorting 4-16mg a day for years, so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Ive been basically using just 1 vein for two months. Well time to give it some rest. Shame cause I could insta hit any spot of it with 95% accuracy. It aint still gone, slightly red so that scares me a bit.

Yeah, you should rotate. My friend has 2 black veins in his hands..