• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why the needle changes everything

Tazadeguate

Bluelighter
Why is the needle so addicting. Even the process of setting it up and preparing it and then drawing the blood, it does something to your brain and you can’t wait for the next . This is what makes a junkie! I remember doing my first jab and it was on coke when I was living in Guatemala! Everything changed after that day, I never went back to snorting lines. I was full on addicted and couldn’t stop. It was a whole other level! It took over every area of my life! That’s how powerful it is. I have been in 6 treatment centres in the past 3 and a half years and still the needle calls to me! One night I had a using dream where a guy gave me a needle in my dream and I felt everything as if it was actually happening! That’s the impact it leaves on your brain! You will never forget but you will wish you never just tried it once! Addiction is cunning and baffling! It’s knows no bounds ! It steals everything from you and the drug makes you someone you don’t recognize anymore! Ive been praying for a powerful encounter with God to deliver me from the spirit behind addiction and the damage it did on my brain! I know there is life after addiction but you gotta fight hard and be deciplned in your thought life to stay clean! God is able to strengthen me spiritually to overcome but man addiction just never seems to go away once you’ve been overcome by it unless God takes it away! But you gotta want it bad enough

The massive reward that you get when you bang a drug is completely reinforcing. Add to that the visceral feeling of piercing your skin and knowing that that orgasmic high is coming in a few seconds and you're hooked.

That is why I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever IV bang a recreational drug. If the hospital has to give me an IV that's different.

Its interesting, I hear alot of people talk about this phenomenon (ie, that the needle itself is addictive in a sense, and/or the process of injecting).

But I feel like I personally never enjoyed the process myself, and I definitely don't miss it at all (it's been years since I IV'd anything). If anything it was a chore. I also have some not so pleasant memories of spending a great deal of time trying to hit a vein after a series of frustrating failures and missed shots, leaving me a veritable human pin cushion by the end. By that point I had wrecked alot of my veins injecting vein destroying stuff like oral methadone and tar heroin, so I ended up resorting to places like my feet (do not recommend!).

When I see people shootup in the movies or on TV i sort of cringe a bit. Definitely don't miss it nor did I ever particularly enjoy it. I associate it with a certain level of desperation (because injecting any substance into your vein is fundamentally a pretty desperate act if you think about it).

Its interesting, I hear alot of people talk about this phenomenon (ie, that the needle itself is addictive in a sense, and/or the process of injecting).

But I feel like I personally never enjoyed the process myself, and I definitely don't miss it at all (it's been years since I IV'd anything). If anything it was a chore. I also have some not so pleasant memories of spending a great deal of time trying to hit a vein after a series of frustrating failures and missed shots, leaving me a veritable human pin cushion by the end. By that point I had wrecked alot of my veins injecting vein destroying stuff like oral methadone and tar heroin, so I ended up resorting to places like my feet (do not recommend!).

When I see people shootup in the movies or on TV i sort of cringe a bit. Definitely don't miss it nor did I ever particularly enjoy it. I associate it with a certain level of desperation (because injecting any substance into your vein is fundamentally a pretty desperate act if you think about it).

I’m kind of the same. I always say I preferred snorting heroin over IV, IV only came about due to an economical need. If I had unlimited resources I would’ve kept snorting it.

That said, I do sometimes jones for IV cocaine. That’s the one drug where it’s like a completely different drug to snorted. It’s the closest thing I’ve ever felt to an orgasm. Really the only drug I’ve felt IV was worth trying, but only if you can handle the repercussions.

-GC

Yeah it's a myth that once you IV it's inevitably all you want from then on. My preferred ROA was smoking (opioids). I'd usually save the last little bit to slam though lol

I would INVARIABLY start off by smoking or snorting a small amount (less than 1 bag if we're using east coast measurements) in an attempt to ascertain what I was dealing with before anything IV related...IVing new stuff right off the bat always seemed overly reckless to me, especially when you're going oh yeah just got some new stuff, guess i'll slam 8 bags of it and see how it is!

IV stimulants is usually too short (coke) or too long (meth) IMO. It is quite a rush though, there's no doubt about that

I generally just don't get much of the "needle fetishism" that I've seen people be into

The only solution is to ask God to drench you in His purest love possible. The love kinda feels like this. That He created the whole earth just for you. All He asks is that you talk and have fellowship. To let Him show you the mysteries of what is seen and unseen. I still don't know why God baptized me in love. I was on a High for two years straight. Then came the massive trials. I was prepared but not. That silver lining had a cost to it.

Never ever will I do the needle. From what I gathered whatever you shoot up you're getting all of it. It also lasts way longer. That's why I'm thankful God got me outta the game. You roll the dice but He is the one who determines where it lands. Given the fact we have fent everywhere, who can or what can you trust.

I get it tho. By His divine mercy He saved me. Shook heaven and earth to get my attention. I had a Damascus experience. A abnormal birth as a Christian. I'm in chains 4 Christ. If I go left He will push me right. I have to do what My Master tells me. You're in good hands. I can discern that. Just know that the Holy Ghost can grieve so much that God takes you home. That's why I feel a fire that cannot be quenched. That the world needs to hear the word that comes outta my mouth. We should never test God and this world is doing it bluntly. He will discipline. I have a feeling He is using Putin as a Judgement cuz He is Sovereign.

Back in the 70s/80s I snorted coke now&then. I liked it but I could take it or leave it. I'd always told myself that I'd never use a needle.

In 1987 I shot coke once and fell in love with it instantly. I quickly developed an IV coke habit that was utterly devastating. Only lasted a little more than a year but it fucked up my veins for life.

To be fair, I was in a screwy mindset from a painful divorce and severe alcoholism. It was a perfect storm. Even after I got off coke I had a bit of a spike fetish for several years.
I got over it.

I later became addicted to opioids and meth but I only shot up 2 or 3 times. Just not worth the hassle for me. YMMV.

BUT...I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Of all the drugs and routes of administration, INTRAVENOUS COCAINE IS TO BE AVOIDED!

The act became associated with pain and dysphoria and frustration for you.

That's why it doesn't call to you anymore.

It's just like oral fixation with a cigarette/vape habit.

I’m kind of the same. I always say I preferred snorting heroin over IV, IV only came about due to an economical need. If I had unlimited resources I would’ve kept snorting it.

That said, I do sometimes jones for IV cocaine. That’s the one drug where it’s like a completely different drug to snorted. It’s the closest thing I’ve ever felt to an orgasm. Really the only drug I’ve felt IV was worth trying, but only if you can handle the repercusions

im the same i try to stick to eating as much of my script and i havent shot coke in years. Even the medics cant notice my tracks these days so im happy with that. With coke however i consider doing it anyway but iv a waste esentially.

To be fair, I was in a screwy mindset from a painful divorce and severe alcoholism. It was a perfect storm.
I know this story; it’s the same as my own, except my drug, the one I abused to forget, was crack cocaine (smoked.) It was hard enough to quit even this ROA. SO GLAD I never tried it intravenously; I might not be here now to tell y’all about it.

Painful divorces suck.

Painful divorces suck.
They do, indeed
INTRAVENOUS COCAINE IS TO BE AVOIDED!
Add IV cocaine on top of them fucking divorces and you'll enjoy a VIP pass to Hell itself.

Fuck IV cocaine
Fuck wrong marriages, fuck sad divorces. Fuck me if I were to undergo any of that shit again.

Bro I reckon theirs an overlap of people who like 'tooling up' their drug use and those that do IV. For me I hate all the crap people invent to get 'more high'. Give it to me as raw as possible. Swallow, snort, smoke. I can't even stand using a bong, I'll always prefer a joint even I'm not getting 'as high'.

Ill never IV anything. Even if it wasn't for the stories and nightmare reviews. Just the added complication of dealing with shooting up for me is enough to make me not interested.

If it's good enough to shoot, I'll be shorting or smoking it lol.

I somehow managed to be a functional opioid addict my entire adult life from 17 to about 28. Sniffed, smoked, everything except IV. Succeeded at work and made a ton of money. The first time I did my IV I had been in a car accident and broke my nose and couldn't sniff my oxy anymore. I'd been going with my friend to buy H every now and then and I'd sniff it and he'd shoot it up. I figured I couldn't sniff anything for a while and had some free time off from work on FMLA, I was sick of spending $100 + a day on oxy and figured might as well try it if I can save some money. He injected me with crack first (he used it so his wife couldn't tell his pupils were small he told me lol), and my life changed forever. No human should experience IV cocaine in my opinion. Three open heart surgeries, a pacemaker, destroyed every vein in my body, pulmonary emboli, collapsed lung...the list goes on and on. None of it mattered. All I wanted was to feel the IV cocaine one more time. I was in the hospital waiting for my third open heart surgery after infecting my valve again having my dealer deliver to the hospital room and in desperation used orange juice to break the crack down to shoot into my PICC line. That was a gigantic clusterfuck of a mistake. The ritual itself is so addicting. Even after reinfecting my valve twice and getting more open heart surgeries, I knew one more injection and I'd be fucked. But I'd still go to the needle exchange and trace my arms for veins with the needle. It took years and years and torture and pain that words can't even encapsulate properly to get over it all.

Happily smoked heroin for 15 years because of prom ise to wife to never use needle broke that promise now smoking it feels like not hitting spot

Why is the needle so addicting. Even the process of setting it up and preparing it and then drawing the blood, it does something to your brain and you can’t wait for the next . This is what makes a junkie! I remember doing my first jab and it was on coke when I was living in Guatemala! Everything changed after that day, I never went back to snorting lines. I was full on addicted and couldn’t stop. It was a whole other level! It took over every area of my life! That’s how powerful it is. I have been in 6 treatment centres in the past 3 and a half years and still the needle calls to me! One night I had a using dream where a guy gave me a needle in my dream and I felt everything as if it was actually happening! That’s the impact it leaves on your brain! You will never forget but you will wish you never just tried it once! Addiction is cunning and baffling! It’s knows no bounds ! It steals everything from you and the drug makes you someone you don’t recognize anymore! Ive been praying for a powerful encounter with God to deliver me from the spirit behind addiction and the damage it did on my brain! I know there is life after addiction but you gotta fight hard and be deciplned in your thought life to stay clean! God is able to strengthen me spiritually to overcome but man addiction just never seems to go away once you’ve been overcome by it unless God takes it away! But you gotta want it bad enough
Yeah needle fixation Is another addiction on it's own, the ritual and all that shit regarding it is addicting as fuck. After your brain is tricked into releasing tons of dopamine/serotonin that nothing in the world would normally do, you're fucked. Nothing you ever do will be as rewarding pleasure-wise as drugs but you know...all the havoc it wreaks upon your life for those 15 mins of shitty false pleasure,makes you think twice if it really is worth it....
Think about what I just said for a bit, far too many people have already died chasing that intense high that just makes you feel more empty at last. You want to be 1 more person on the statistics? Or a person who can say that came out victorious from that dreadful battle. Your choice, good luck and God bless ya. 💯 xoxo
Regards,
Nico

or what about when you have to get an iv for something and they push it with saline. that immediate taste from the saline is so triggering.

Cause once u tried the needle all other roa's seems "not enough"......cause needle is 100percent bioavailability-u ain't got any loss of the drug....cause over the ordinary drug addiction-u got" needlemania" like a bonus on top of it...that is a whole new level of addiction-goin' down on the staircase.....bigger chances of OD,blood-transmitted deseases,possible inflammations,more load upon ur liver,kidneys,heart.....yes addiction is addiction-smokin',poppin'pills,snortin',pluggin'......but injectin' drugs is whole new level of addiction

It's pretty obvious to me. Injection delivers a more instant and intense high. You get the greatest possible impact. Also humans like rituals, and the whole set-up involved with injecting is definitely ritualistic. Then of course the preparation and the paraphernalia are associated through repetition with the anticipation of the high you get from the drug, so they become pleasure cues in and of themselves. It's called behavioural reinforcement. At its most extreme it becomes a conditioned response. Nothing mystical about it.