• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why the hell insects???why some drugs make us see spiders?

Yes I do know 2 people who had seizures from it. Same batch. It was tested. It was real L. Were just repeating stuff now. I'm not getting into details cause it's the internet. But let's just say I know exactly who took it, when they took it, who they got it from and much more details. And I don't have to post peer reviewed articles about common knowledge to anyone who has ever had biology 105. The things I was saying (facts) to are super basic common knowledge to anyone who's taken a biology course. And some other guy commented about something. In biochemistry 2 we did get into toxicology. It really doesn't matter dude. Have a good day yall

I'm back! Forever war! Nah I'm playing. Just bored before work. LSD melts your brain and makes you levitate like the rapture. Jebus told me in a prophetic dream last night.. too bad the Bible wasn't peer reviewed. Couldve saved a lot of lives. Same with the Quran and other "holy" texts. You ever try the L prodrug. Forgot the name. Has an amino acid attached so it has to make a first pass metabolically then it becomes active L

I didn't know that a bsc bio program covers neuroscience and pharmacology 😮

Depending on where you go there are some basic electives you can take on it. David Presti at Cal had a decent undergrad course on the subject (MCB 165, though it looks like he no longer offers it), basic but a good overview:

here's an old syllabus https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...0QFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw2PCwRZpnPZ6OuH1pSkFtlB

* but yeah, I see what you're getting at though, it's no more than something someone could casually pick up with a little reading

Last edited:
Our brains have been programmed through millions of years of evolution to be hypervigilant at spotting things like insects, snakes and mammalian predators.

This is why some of the most common phobias are from spiders and snakes.

Detection of these threats is done through pattern recognition. Pattern recognition is magnified and distorted when hallucinating.

It's why insects, snakes, jaguars, etc are all quite commonly reported on not just deliriants but other psychedelics as well.

Yeah. The good ol’ crack bugs. Or shadow people when you’ve been up cranking away for four or five days with no sleep.

The mind is a wild fucking thing.

Be good peoples
Always, fair winds and following seas
Oh yea I’ve seen the shadow people. Many years ago I was tripping in the Rockies in Colorado with a group of friends. We were walking around in the woods in the mountains under the moonlight. We were walking in a couple groups … The weird thing is that I kept seeing the shadow people like dancing around & stuff but didn’t tell anyone because I was really tripping & in my head figured that’s why I was seeing them. However one weird thing I’ll never forget, my group of friends that were walking like 8 feet or so in front of us … I saw a shadow person run and jump on my friends back & at the same time he lunged forward & screamed. I ran up to him & asked him why he did that & he just stared blankly at me & said “I don’t know?” … I just stared back at him & couldn’t even tell him that I saw a shadow person jump on his back at the same time he did that… because at that point I was really trippin & freakin out a little. I told him the next day & he was laughing saying “girl I really don’t know what happened last night up in those mountains”

Weird story I know, it was back in my twenties. A bunch of NY city kids trippin our faces off in the Colorado mountains under a bright full moon. I feel like the elevation made us trip even harder

My bad that really had nothing to do with this thread I just totally forgot about that until you mentioned the shadow people. Hehe 😄

Last edited:
Our brains have been programmed through millions of years of evolution to be hypervigilant at spotting things like insects, snakes and mammalian predators.

This is why some of the most common phobias are from spiders and snakes.

Detection of these threats is done through pattern recognition. Pattern recognition is magnified and distorted when hallucinating.

It's why insects, snakes, jaguars, etc are all quite commonly reported on not just deliriants but other psychedelics as well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this

Now I don't have them almost ever anymore because I am not withdrawing of benzos anymore.
nailed it. This here and first was spider web in ER and I was like: My o my they just couldn't deal wit this huge one( was on IV) but I was about to stand as I remember than I looked in other corner. wel Hey hey wtf? this is no sterile place but than I looked at ceiling and where it should have been normal there were those patterns so after that I realized as later again in withdrawals my wall produced also strange patterns.

on Phenibut withdrawals even some geometrical shapes

i found out my problem isn't specific about bugs or spiders,but its about my mind which is grudging against me,whenever i say i don't like something,it shows me that thing and calls names related to it,maybe my body is angry because of too much drugs i've used?i think its kind of hallucination like that famous negative voice in the head that schizophrenic patients hear,maybe in my mind that negative voice has converted to this condition

on Phenibut withdrawals even some geometrical shapes
For some reason high doses of phenibut give me visual geometry. Not during the withdrawal, during the high itself. During a particularly heavy 3 day usage I even started seeing cartoon characters overlayed on surfaces, very LSD like. No other hallucinations or symptoms of psychosis, felt fine and clear headed.

Weird drug.

well I remembered at the time as rebound was harsh, and I think it might give me slight suggestible like things that I would glorify a bit more and after that it's like funny How could I think that? or like that, but well pregabalin is the only one that could deal with those inhibition lost GHB, Phenibut types of psychedelic mania!
No other hallucinations or symptoms of psychosis,

also never with psychosis as those things are related to a way of life drugs are just tools like anything! now with time even less likely to happen, my mind is like Benjamin Buttoning as I stopped ageing!
Meditation helps but there are nerves that are damaged due to injuries and Phenibut was giving me like 5 years skin and fingers felt different!
Hard to describe
Now it's not related but also on HCL If I had been so unlucky that only vendor lost it as in all last being Fluorophenibut much more forgiving but frickiin more potent and like 10x as to my 2 overdoses or one long one a week long.
I remember that part after womiting soul, that RLS part that can't go with anything ! no concentration to stand and take antiemetic which would do nothing!

Then my house becomes full of spiders and also TV shows and Movies are best when suffered from these od's

One might even say in that area I'm masochistic

Dopamine high very very from Gaba-B agonism, almost the same as with GHB if not the same!
Everything feels like heaven and I wrote and mind is creative sometimes with high introspective thoughts like on LSD or Psylocibin

Dopamine high very very from Gaba-B agonism, almost the same as with GHB if not the same!
Everything feels like heaven and I wrote and mind is creative sometimes with high introspective thoughts like on LSD or Psylocibin
ghb is very harmful for brain memory,some of my memories are missing after my two months of 1butanediol use.
and i have a question about it if you mind to answer.why sometimes it drunks me and sometimes it doesn't?i remember it drunked me two times so i put it away.no matter the dose.
maybe so much of use or long addiction results drunk effect?

1butanediol is not the same and I never tried it so I wouldn't know but probably is tolerance!

It's not good for your health as in if not alkalise BDO and GBL as GVL could result in metabolic acidosis i red somewhere!
Withdrawal is brutal
So but again I was taking GHB but before that GBL and never had appened that it didn't work so if I may ask did you change your source or...?
What is the taste of it?

It's very powerfull substance as one drop can be deep sleep vs alert and horny

I occasionally saw a big spider walking over my blanket for months and months after Datura experience. When I ofc saw spider, butterfly and some other bugs. In a manner that doesn't seem to be provoked by certain patterns same as seeing people who ain't really present isn't. Bugs I saw felt weird. I'm not afraid of them but even before I realized they are hallucinations they radiated in a certain way. It's very hard to accurately describe but I might add that they didn't behave as normal bugs do.
I won't make any claims but those convinced that DMT entities are more than just creation of the mind should consider same for entities that appear on delirics. I say entities among other things cuz when I said to a friend in panic how other friends are hallucinations as he was exiting room he put on a most evil smile I ever saw and ofc turned out to be hallucination too, disappearing behind the wall. And once on a lowish dose drinking beer and smoking weed in a bar with a friend he asks me did you just saw waitresses passing by and I did, and did I saw her few moments before too and I did...thing is she entered a room without doors or windows, and entered it again just a few moments after. 100% matrix like glitch we both saw. That's one of countless things, but one of first too, that happened during certain experiences that I have no way explaining with currently proven science, tho might fit in some physics theories.

1butanediol is not the same and I never tried it so I wouldn't know but probably is tolerance!

It's not good for your health as in if not alkalise BDO and GBL as GVL could result in metabolic acidosis i red somewhere!
Withdrawal is brutal
So but again I was taking GHB but before that GBL and never had appened that it didn't work so if I may ask did you change your source or...?
What is the taste of it?

It's very powerfull substance as one drop can be deep sleep vs alert and horny
1butanediol is on the same class as ghb it has same receptors and same feelings i bought it from a legit chemical market.it is a liquid but goes icey semi solid when held in cold air like winters.has a biiter taste and warm feeling when i put it in mouth i was using from 1,5 mililiters to 2,3 mililiters, when more than 2ml it makes very sleepy and induces comas so its dangerous.and feels ecstacy like empathy friendly love but its short around first 15min and then feels sleepy for 45 min.sometimes i gone coma many times with it every coma was around 2-3 hours in deep sleep and when i woke up i didn't remember anything and i questioned who am i?whats my name?where am i?who is that man?(friend)and i like this amnesia because i forgot all my problems for couple minutes made me so kind and easy but slowly after 5 minutes a lot of things come back and in absence of further consumption after 2 weeks most memories returns.it was one of best drugs i ever used.so i miss it but because of drunkness and memory loss i don't use again.i love any ecstacy thing but i have heart problem so i can't use ecstacy + magic has gone after couple times of e use.and i got permanent tinnitus in left ear(its been 3 years) from ecstacy(second use)

MDMA, MDA, amphetamines, and various research chemicals (RC empathogens) like 2C-B all affect serotonin levels significantly. Scientists, knowledgeable members of the Bluelight community, and hopefully some medical professionals have explored the impact of these substances. When serotonin is released, it triggers a cascade, including dopamine. In theory, when dopamine receptors occupy serotonin sites, oxidative stress can occur even before this transition, potentially contributing to various effects. Consuming a substantial amount of vitamin C, particularly liposomal ascorbic acid in gram quantities, can potentially improve the afterglow and mitigate the comedown, possibly reducing light anhedonia.

It's essential to note that these effects may only apply when these substances are used very sparingly, such as once a month or better yet, once a year. The magic can quickly vanish when consumed these substances daily. I can speak from my experience about seven years ago.

sorry for BUMP! and my Hillbilly science.
However, the original topic was about the perception of spiders and reading through some unverified scientific claims. I apologize for my tendency to ramble; it's something I struggle with.

During a withdrawal, I also experienced something similar with GHB. Potassium levels seemed to play a role, as everything took on a pink or purple hue with a strange depth perception. After a few days of withdrawal, I remember being given only 5mg of diazepam three times a day. I realized that even then, I had some knowledge of psychopharmaceuticals. I sat outside on a lower balcony, and it felt like the world had turned up its sharpness or saturation, with the grass, my ex-wife, and my mom's hair appearing to move. I couldn't help but talk about it, but the diazepam seemed ineffective, and I eventually became depressed. I reached out, asking my mom if I could see something on her hair, and she allowed it, thinking it was some form of spiritual healing.

It marked my journey out of the woods and the beginning of my struggle with benzodiazepines.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/wps.21056 it's unlinking sorry have 28 tabs opened

Doctors here still predominantly rely on public healthcare, which is slowly transitioning towards a more private model. This led me to be prescribed various medications, with doctors trying to convince me that it was the solution, not mirtazapine, venlafaxine, trazodone, amisulpride, or any of the SSRIs. I couldn't see the benefit of SSRIs, considering the extensive literature and the experiences of people on medications like Brintellix (vortioxetine) and Seroxat (paroxetine), with their challenging withdrawal symptoms when there are alternative medications awaiting approval.