• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why the hell insects???why some drugs make us see spiders?

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
benadryl,dramamine,datura,meth i heard some people see insects on these anticholinergic drugs and meth for under skin crawling insects,and personally i've seen with mushrooms cupensis,but why insects?personally i have a big problem with insects and i so much hate them,i didn't hate that much before but after i got constant daily hallucination of ugly insects always showing every couple seconds behind my closed eyes in the dark of being alone,i came to conclusion that insects are the ugliest grossiest thing in the world,my hallucination goes worse if i wait longer with closed eyes when my mind is showing them and my mind is like crazy with this thing it shows any thing related like webs and any moving thing similar to insects and when i see a picture of them somewhere like internet my mind repeats that picture for awhile to me similar to when we think a lot about some bad thing and when that happens i know the crap is behind me and my mind is waiting for an ambush ,and believe it or not when i think about god a lot or call God and want him to help me my mind shows me more insects even before going sleep like if i have done lots of sins so god is abandoning me with this punishment,its ruining all my life, and its been two or threee months being in this condition,my psychiatrist don't know shit and antipsychotic drugs didn't work for me,but i see some relation with omega 3 like when i don't take it daily like a withdrawal side effect my hallucination gets worse,maybe lipid infusion helps?
when i put all drugs away(im an oxy user) it gets better but i don't like this decision.
i guess maybe its a way for our body to make us move fast like reflex?when i'm sleep and i'm waking up slowly,i hear a hallucination some crazy guy says beetle,spider....until i wake up and i'm like what the hell man?whats wrong with you...
short story, i just want your opinion why exactly our body is so obsessed with these shitty looked creatures?why not some beutiful flowers?why not some deers or cute rabbits?

Last edited:
benadryl,dramamine,datura,meth i heard some people see insects on these anticholinergic drugs and meth for under skin crawling insects,and personally i've seen with mushrooms cupensis,but why insects?personally i have a big problem with insects and i so much hate them,i didn't hate that much before but after i got constant daily hallucination of ugly insects always showing every couple seconds behind my closed eyes in the dark of being alone,i came to conclusion that insects are the ugliest grossiest thing in the world,my hallucination goes worse if i wait longer with closed eyes when my mind is showing them and my mind is like crazy with this thing it shows any thing related like webs and any moving thing similar to insects and when i see a picture of them somewhere like internet my mind repeats that picture for awhile to me similar to when we think a lot about some bad thing and when that happens i know the crap is behind me and my mind is waiting for an ambush ,and believe it or not when i think about god a lot or call God and want him to help me my mind shows me more insects even before going sleep like if i have done lots of sins so god is abandoning me with this punishment,its ruining all my life, and its been two or threee months being in this condition,my psychiatrist don't know shit and antipsychotic drugs didn't work for me,but i see some relation with omega 3 like when i don't take it daily like a withdrawal side effect my hallucination gets worse,maybe lipid infusion helps?
when i put all drugs away(im an oxy user) it gets better but i don't like this decision.
i guess maybe its a way for our body to make us move fast like reflex?when i'm sleep and i'm waking up slowly,i hear a hallucination some crazy guy says beetle,spider....until i wake up and i'm like what the hell man?whats wrong with you...
short story, i just want your opinion why exactly our body is so obsessed with these shitty looked creatures?why not some beutiful flowers?why not some deers or cute rabbits?
I feel like this is definitely a you issue. You're terrified of them and bring them along with your trips. But if you're experiencing seeing or having dreams saying stuff about bugs then I think there are bigger issues at hand. Some people do "see" or think there are bugs in their skin. The "seeing" is an illusion. LSD, shrooms they don't make you hallucinate unless at extremely high doses, they make you see illusions. What's already there; let's say you're on a trail and trippin' the leaves may morph a bit and things seem to change and you may notice patterns and vivid colors, but barney doesn't pop up beside you and you start having a conversation. That would be hallucinating borderlining delirium. Trying to interact with things that don't exist is delirium. Your phobia seems to be instilled in your brain. If you're not on psychedelics and are seeing bugs then you may have serious mental health issues. Schizophrenia, delirium, other disorders. This is serious. Be honest with your doctor and visit the doctor. "Our" bodies don't do this. Yes, some people see and think similar things but this is a scary anecdote. People not on these drugs and even people on them don't default to bugs and then dwell on them all day and even once off the drugs..

Things that may help:
-See doctor, try to get mri, cat, eeg scans done.
-Benzos often murky your dreams so you can avoid the voices.
-Marijuana can have similar effects on dreams.
-Possibly microdosing shrooms and thinking about the issue and ways to overcome them.
-Try hypnosis, you have to believe it can work and have a pliable mind going into the session. I've personally seen people get off tobacco and multiple different drugs. Years later they have no desire for such things.

I hope this can help.

Takeaways:
-This is serious
-This isn't normal or default for users
-Your brain is letting your phobia takeover
-Seeing things that aren't there are hallucinations
-Illusions are what shrooms and LSD provide.
-Try hypnosis
-Go to the doctor and be truthful!

Please seek help and I wish the best for you.

@supcbo

No, I've seen bugs on meth. It's very common. A friend came around to my house today and he said he's seen bugs on meth. I was literally talking about this phenomenon today, so it can't be that uncommon.

When I was 18, I was convinced a spider was crawling around inside my toe and had laid eggs under my skin.

Then there's A Scanner Darkly, of course, with the aphids.

@bookshelf1

Good question. I've never thought, "Why Bugs?"

Could be a phobia thing as supcbo said. That makes sense for you, because you see them so often. But that doesn't explain me or my friend. I have seen bugs in 20+ years of drug use but I've also seen alien creatures, glowing Egyptian hieroglyphics and all sorts of bizarre shit.

Lots of people see aliens and Gods and shit when they have DMT.

"Why aliens?"
"Why Gods?"

I don't know. Probably projections of the psyche/imagination.

Nope why?
They are illusions. They are morphing and changes in your perception of things that are real and exist. Just cause they are labeled hallucinogens it doesnt mean you are seeing hallucinations. You're seeing illusions. Defined by military doctors when they practiced LSD, BZ, and other horrific chemicals on our own soldiers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The military doesn't understand or respect psychedelics.

Psychedelics don't just create illusions. They can create illusions, but so can sobriety.

Psychedelics can also break down illusions.

Your statement, that illusions ARE WHAT psychs provide, is incorrect. They provide many things.

The world wouldn't be legalizing psilocin for treatment resistant depression and bi-polar disorder if all they did was provide illusions.

You haven't burst anything.

@supcbo

No, I've seen bugs on meth. It's very common. A friend came around to my house today and he said he's seen bugs on meth. I was literally talking about this phenomenon today, so it can't be that uncommon.

When I was 18, I was convinced a spider was crawling around inside my toe and had laid eggs under my skin.

Then there's A Scanner Darkly, of course, with the aphids.

@bookshelf1

Good question. I've never thought, "Why Bugs?"

Could be a phobia thing as supcbo said. That makes sense for you, because you see them so often. But that doesn't explain me or my friend. I have seen bugs in 20+ years of drug use but I've also seen alien creatures, glowing Egyptian hieroglyphics and all sorts of bizarre shit.

Lots of people see aliens and Gods and shit when they have DMT.

"Why aliens?"
"Why Gods?"

I don't know. Probably projections of the psyche/imagination.

I'm not saying it's not uncommon. I know people on meth who have described exactly what both of you are saying. But, that's while they're on meth. Not when sober. Dmt will make you hallucinate. But you'll see entities, Mayan looking things, all sorts of odd stuff. It's likely because dmt takes the colors in your setting and then uses those to create a setting for your hallucination. If you break through then the entities come lol. And we seek what we don't understand. Just like why are we here, are there aliens, etc. Dreams typically are fear manifestations or wish fulfillments. I think op's phobia are the fear manifestations. And something in his head is off if these are happening when he's not on meth or pyschs.

The military doesn't understand or respect psychedelics.

Psychedelics don't just create illusions. They can create illusions, but so can sobriety.

Psychedelics can also break down illusions.

Your statement, that illusions ARE WHAT psychs provide, is incorrect. They provide many things.

The world wouldn't be legalizing psilocin for treatment resistant depression and bi-polar disorder if all they did was provide illusions.

You haven't burst anything.
When you take a normal dose of L or shrooms you see illusions. I'm not saying there are not therapeutic values to them. In order to debate our grammar, rhetoric and logic have to be on the same page and they're not. But we're not debating. Obviously psychs have been unfairly overlooked in the past. I know shrooms can help with cluster headaches, migraines and possible other stuff. Similarly L can have properties that can help. Just like ketamine and mdma for pain, ptsd, and other therapeutic issues. I'm talking about using them to get high which means higher doses and with those higher doses illusions occur. That's all.

No, with high doses illusions don't occur unless you resist the experience and invite fear.

People are more likely to resist with high doses, so the higher dose the more likely people will panic and experience confusion, etc.

I've had over 8 mg of LSD between the 14th of August and the 20th of October. No illusions. Zero. I am clear when I have acid.

Delusion is not the inevitable result of consuming large amounts of LSD or psilocin.

Last month, during a single day, I had 12 grams of p subs (which are much stronger than cubensis). Again, no fear. No confusion. Absolute clarity.

With psilocin ceremonies, the dose is typically around 5 grams - of cubensis - which is a breakthrough dose. These ceremonies are healing. Profound healing from psychedelics comes from extremely high doses or extremely strong psychedelics (like DMT / 5-meo-DMT).

I didn't realize the OP was seeing them sober. Waking up the day after a strong trip and seeing them is a result of drugs. If he/she is not consuming any drugs and is seeing spiders, yes, that is concerning.

The title of the thread is "Why do some drugs make us see spiders?"

As we've established that is not a problem specific to the OP.

It is very common.

When Jung first spoke of archetypes, he defined them as one step above instinct. He used a fear of snakes as an example.
He later did explore more elaborate concepts such as "the Earth Mother" and the like as archetypes.
I tend to believe in the more elaborate concepts as being possibly hard wired into our brains.
Something like a fear of snakes and insects would be even more likely.

No, with high doses illusions don't occur unless you resist the experience and invite fear.

People are more likely to resist with high doses, so the higher dose the more likely people will panic and experience confusion, etc.

I've had over 8 mg of LSD between the 14th of August and the 20th of October. No illusions. Zero. I am clear when I have acid.

Delusion is not the inevitable result of consuming large amounts of LSD or psilocin.

Last month, during a single day, I had 12 grams of p subs (which are much stronger than cubensis). Again, no fear. No confusion. Absolute clarity.

With psilocin ceremonies, the dose is typically around 5 grams - of cubensis - which is a breakthrough dose. These ceremonies are healing. Profound healing from psychedelics comes from extremely high doses or extremely strong psychedelics (like DMT / 5-meo-DMT).

I didn't realize the OP was seeing them sober. Waking up the day after a strong trip and seeing them is a result of drugs. If he/she is not consuming any drugs and is seeing spiders, yes, that is concerning.

The title of the thread is "Why do some drugs make us see spiders?"

As we've established that is not a problem specific to the OP.

It is very common.
Everyone also reacts to chemicals differently. You taking heroic doses and not tripping are mind blowing to me but that's your body. I'm just concerned with the rest of what OP said. Not the workings of psychs lol.

that's your body

It's not my body.
Everyone is capable of doing it.

The reason extremely high doses are healing is because of ego death.
At a certain point, you cannot resist.

Extremely high doses will fucking destroy your ego.
Without ego, you cannot resist.
I have very little ego left.
I have no fear or shame.

Check this article out:

It's not my body.
Everyone is capable of doing it.

The reason extremely high doses are healing is because of ego death.
At a certain point, you cannot resist.

Extremely high doses will fucking destroy your ego.
Without ego, you cannot resist.
I have very little ego left.
I have no fear or shame.

Check this article out:
Okay. I also know people who have had seizures from 200ugs of L. Everyone reacts differently. That's science. Also the L came from gammagoblin. So I know it was actually L. "I have no fear or shame" lol congrats on doing so many psychedelics that you live in your own non scientific world. And just cause you and a person in an article came out fine. Doesn't mean everyone will. When I've seen people experience ego death they typically swear off psychedelics afterwards. So again with your anecdotes prove absolutely nothing. I'm done here. You're a proven psychonaut. Cool. Your award is at your next ego death. Deuces brosephus

I'm not sure why you're being hostile/sarcastic?

You personally know people (plural) that had seizures from 200mcg of LSD?

When I've seen people experience ego death they typically swear off psychedelics afterwards.

That is the ego returning and being threatened by ego death.

supcbo said:
you live in your own non scientific world

With all due respect, you're the one suggesting that normal(ish) LSD doses cause seizures.

I would bet money that it was 25I-NBOMe, not LSD.

Just because someone says it's gammagoblin, doesn't mean it is.

Same thing goes for heroin and fentanyl.

I had 930mcgs (in a single day) two weeks ago. Was totally fine.

LSD doesn't cause seizures. That's misinformation.

If your acid is causing seizures, it's shit acid.

I'm done here.

Okay, see you later.

Dude it's scientific fact that everyone reacts to chemicals differently. And yes I do know people who have taken 200 and 300mcgs and had seizures. Unless the Ehrlich test was lying I know it's legit. Sourced from the most legitimate place. And I never said everyone who takes normal doses seize. Probably 99.9% don't have complications. But some do. I have a Bachelor's of Science in Biology, minor in chemistry and focus on biochemistry. I know what I'm talking about. And all you keep saying is how much you can take and be okay. That's completely fine. I know plenty of people who drop 10 strips all the time and are just fine. I'm saying it can cause seizures amongst other things for certain people. That's a fact. I'm not hostile but you're claiming your anecdotal experiences as fact and that's simply illogical. I go by science and logic. Not whether you can withstand ego death or not. Everyone is built differently (fact) no two people's genetic makeup is the same even twins (fact.) Maybe at birth but there are numerous factors that can alter DNA. People respond differently to the exact same drug (fact.) And 25i-nbome has a taste. Not only was it sourced from a reputable darkweb dealer, it was tested.
It wasn't shit acid lol. A bunch of my friends took some and had a great time as did I but a friend did seize off two tabs. I know that's anecdotal that's why I'm not saying LSD causes seizures. I claimed that I know people who have had seizures from L. A different friend took 3 hits from the same tested batch and also had a seizure. Everyone's brain chemistry is different (fact.) Both were likely prone to seizures and the L just brought it out by lowering the seizure threshold. One has epilepsy and the other just stopped taking L and is fine. They microdose shrooms now. Hostile would be calling you names. I literally just dropped in to try to give some advice to OP. That was it.

Yeah. The good ol’ crack bugs. Or shadow people when you’ve been up cranking away for four or five days with no sleep.

The mind is a wild fucking thing.

Be good peoples
Always, fair winds and following seas

supcbo said:
yes I do know people who have taken 200 and 300mcgs and had seizures. Unless the Ehrlich test was lying I know it's legit.

Did you witness these seizures?

People thrash around on 5-meo-DMT and high doses of LSD, but that is not the same as seizures.

I have a Bachelor's of Science in Biology, minor in chemistry and focus on biochemistry. I know what I'm talking about.

Are there any peer reviewed studies that indicate LSD causes seizures and/or explain the mechanism behind them?

Your degree doesn't mean you get to dictate science.

I'm not hostile

Sarcasm is mildly hostile. I didn't ask why you're being hostile because I was offended.

People use sarcasm as a defence mechanism. People are hostile for a reason. Perhaps you should examine why? That's all I'm saying.

but you're claiming your anecdotal experiences as fact and that's simply illogical. I go by science and logic.

Dude. Jesus Christ. Are you being serious?

You're not quoting any science. Your evidence (like mine) is entirely anecdotal.

You're saying two people - from the same batch of LSD - had seizures.

I know thousands of people that munch acid for breakfast (including old seasoned hippies that were at Woodstock) and I've never heard of anyone having seizures.

Maybe it's the batch? Isn't that a more sensible scientific conclusion?

Both were likely prone to seizures

You know two people that both have undiagnosed conditions that make them prone to seizures and they both had seizures from the same batch of LSD?

I find that pretty hard to believe.

I mean, what are the odds of that? How many people do you know that consumed acid from that batch?

sourced from a reputable darkweb dealer

Perhaps it was LSD. You said you tested it and you obviously know how to differentiate 25I-NBOMe from LSD (unless you just Googled it).

Having said all that: don't be naive when it comes to darkweb dealers.

LSD varies in quality and purity.

I have had insect nightmares but it was only after I had to deal with some infestations on my apartment and few cases where I had neglected issue for too long and found cluster of maggots. Now I don't have them almost ever anymore because I am not withdrawing of benzos anymore.

Only fruit flies and tineola bisselliolla, but anyway.