• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Why parachute meth?

jasperkent

Bluelighter
Yeah, I know it doesn't taste great. But it seems to me that if you're gonna do it orally you'd either swallow it straight(no paper involved) or do it sublingually. Quicker onset; better BA. Am I right about this assumption?
Curious.

Yeah, parachuting does nothing except make you look silly for eating paper. Anything that goes down the hatch gets into the stomach very easily, it doesn't need to be protected. Your body is very good at getting things from your throat into your stomach and not lingering in between.

The benefits of parachuting are a myth.

I kinda like the taste of meth anyways. I mean it tastes like shit, but you start to associate that taste with good things, it grows on you. Just like I love the burn from snorting shards. Hurts so good...

Last edited:
Yeah.
Although frankly I don't enjoy snorting anything but coke....and I've only done that a handful of times since the '80s. Love the smell, love the numb.
I was introduced to meth via smoking(technically vaping)...though I later realized it was a wasteful method that was rather fiendish.
On my occasional dabbles with Tina I much prefer plugging or sublingual. Gave up needles for anything over 10 years ago for several reasons.
Never learned to "love the burn"... I guess I'm a wimp in that respect. I ain't no Tuco

I don't do meth anymore, but my favorite thing to do was multi-route. I'd eat a shard, snort a shard and then smoke a shard. Bit of it all at the same time.

@jasperkent yeah never fucked with the needles, resisted the peer pressure, and in an ocean of horrible decisions in my life that was one good decision I made

Sorry. Did not mean to post twice.
happens when the server skips, no biggie, you can delete it

Some people just seem to be really bothered by bad tastes. Perhaps they have really strong gag reflexes? Personally I find bad flavor just a sensation, just ignore it, it'll be over in a second. Meth doesn't even taste that bad. Maybe I'm just a freak though.

i just have a hard time with the taste. that's my only purpose of the paper.

I would parachute because of how corrosive meth is. I’ve never heard of anyone doing it sub-lingual. It would burn.

If you’ve ever missed an IV shot of meth you know how corrosive it is.

I love this one. I can totally comment on it.

Swallowing stuff (non sexual guys) is different for everyone I've found. They are not so much preferences, but weird aspects of a person's physiology or autonomic firing that makes them unable to swallow shit in a certain way.

Case study: 2009, somewhere on the streets of Lowell, myself and a girl-friend of mine had just bought a bunch of Hydrocodone pills to get well, as that was all we could get in town on short notice. We each needed to swallow 12 a piece, APAP be damned at that current moment. I got mine and instantly guzzled down all twelve without issue. She couldn't, under any circumstances, swallow a pill the size of a Vicodin without a ton of water. So, we had to get more money to get her a bottle of water, which took two hours.

In that same sort of vein, some people cannot handle the taste of powerful drugs of any kind. They immediately make them gag and start puking. Don't get me wrong, I would want to rinse my mouth out after eating raw meth, but I could potentially do it. However, this is a fairly moot point, as if I were to do Meth here and now, I would insufflate it by default.

So, some people really have to find creative ways of administering it if for whatever reason, oral is how they want to go.

Parachuting is called bombs in the UK and it's very common, gel capsule pills are way less common here so it's much more cost effective to just wrap it in a bit of rizla, also means you can store individual doses in the creases of your clothes in a festival queue lol

Calling it a myth is a bit absurd, I haven't heard anyone ever say it affects the strength or onset of drugs before. Just makes things not taste like garbage

Yeah.
Although frankly I don't enjoy snorting anything but coke....and I've only done that a handful of times since the '80s. Love the smell, love the numb.
I was introduced to meth via smoking(technically vaping)...though I later realized it was a wasteful method that was rather fiendish.
On my occasional dabbles with Tina I much prefer plugging or sublingual. Gave up needles for anything over 10 years ago for several reasons.
Never learned to "love the burn"... I guess I'm a wimp in that respect. I ain't no Tuco
Smoking isn't wasteful at all as long as you can keep that "just one more hit" mentality in check. Takes a bit of practice but eventually you'll start taking 3 or 4 hits and then putting the pipe down for an hour or two before taking a few more hits and so on.

It stretches a hell of a lot longer when you load the right size bowl (.2 is good. Not too big, not too small) and get over the compulsion to hit until it's gone and pack a new bowl until your bag is empty.

I've managed to just wash down the shards without too much trouble... it's more the dry mouth and jaw clenching that worries me than the 2 seconds of contact it has with my mouth.

Instead of snorting, I've been dissolving it in a cooker with salted water (distilled not tap, for safety), then drawing it up with a 1ml syringe barrel and spraying it up my nostrils while I inhale. For 12-20mg of meth, I probably use 40-60 units (0.4-0.6ml) of water, which is no problem to sniff up. If it's diluted well enough, there's no burn to speak of, and I think it might absorb faster than snorting the solid.

TheFrogEffect and JTemperance:

Yes I'm sure that all of what y'all are saying is absolutely true. It's just that I've done a lot of experimenting and for me the sublingual or rectal routes provide both a quick come-on and a long-lasting high. To each his own.

Some people just seem to be really bothered by bad tastes. Perhaps they have really strong gag reflexes? Personally I find bad flavor just a sensation, just ignore it, it'll be over in a second. Meth doesn't even taste that bad. Maybe I'm just a freak though.
For me it's more to do with not wanting the stuff in contact with my teeth and the submucosa. I've had worries that prolonged exposure to hydrochloride salts can also fuck up your mouth's ph balance, permanently.

For me it's more to do with not wanting the stuff in contact with my teeth and the submucosa. I've had worries that prolonged exposure to hydrochloride salts can also fuck up your mouth's ph balance, permanently.
Yeah, that is a concern. But for me these days I only do meth for 3 or 4 days every 3 or 4 months. So it works out to the stuff actually being in my mouth for maybe half an hour 3 to 4 times a year. I hope that's not considered "prolonged exposure." I practice good oral hygiene otherwise and I haven't noticed any problems.
Should I worry?
And while we're on the subject...what about damage to the rectum? Again, it's only occasional use but if there were problems would I notice?

i could swallow meth. fuck i can still taste that taste when i think about it. i always just swallowed a shard when i did eat it. i don't think meth tastes very bad. though i rarely ate meth anyways. i always put er in the rig and smoked periodically to fulfil the ritual.

I only do meth for 3 or 4 days every 3 or 4 months. So it works out to the stuff actually being in my mouth for maybe half an hour 3 to 4 times a year. I hope that's not considered "prolonged exposure."
Oh wow, no, you're probably just fine. By "prolonged exposure" I meant using daily or close to daily. Unless dental problems run in your family, I wouldn't worry.
When I hear "sublingual", I always assumed the person means under the tongue, which would sting like a bitch if it's good stuff.
And while we're on the subject...what about damage to the rectum? Again, it's only occasional use but if there were problems would I notice?
No experience there but if its really just occasional then there's not many risks outside of losing your dope cause there's a turd up there you forgot about.

Yeah I do it under the tongue and yes it burns a bit. But it dissolves in about a minute and of course I swallow any that doesn't absorb fully. It kicks in after maybe 5 to 10 minutes and then again about half an hour later.

And I only plug if I'm "empty." I'm very regular so it's easy to predict. It hits in about 10 minutes and continues to hit in waves for another hour after that.

I do smoke a little, just because I enjoy the ritual...but those other 2 routes are definitely superior.

@tweakerguy this is all making sense to me now. I think you've probably heard this before, but the real hazard with Methamphetamine and stimulants in general is that they cause dry mouth, jaw clenching etc. which causes the tell-tale oral problems like ulcers, tooth decay, gum loss etc. You'll find in case studies that "Meth Mouth" effects everyone pretty equally regardless of the route of administration. The main causative factor is the amount of Methamphetamine used and the frequency/duration of said usage.

I know plenty of people who essentially have never taken Methamphetamine orally. I actually don't think it's a stretch to say that the vast majority of users around the world do not use Methamphetamine by the oral route of administration. Like many hard drugs, users tend to gravitate toward the needle or vaporization as other routes of administration begin providing diminished returns. However, even a person with a needle fixation who can't find a vein is 90% more likely to simply insufflate it as opposed to administering it orally.

I'm not a doctor or a scientist and I'm not a chronic user of stimulants either, but I've been pretty well-convinced by the material I've read that "Meth Mouth" is caused by Methamphetamine itself and not the route of administration.

I'm not a doctor or a scientist and I'm not a chronic user of stimulants either, but I've been pretty well-convinced by the material I've read that "Meth Mouth" is caused by Methamphetamine itself and not the route of administration.
I never claimed otherwise lol.. It very much is the drug itself, why I tell people to avoid, as much as they can, letting the stuff just sit inside their mouths and the importance of the parachute aspect.
Its not LSD, its just acid at that point lol. Hydrochloride salts are caustic, we all know this. But so is Coca Cola, lemonade, hot sauce, Mexican candy, the difference being meth doesn't get broken down & metabolized the way food products do, it just does its one job and gets expelled.
The tooth decay stereotype is mostly the result of destitute users just not taking care of their mouths in general. The meth habit just speeds that process along, unfortunately.