• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Why make tar?

6-mono-acetyl-morphine is not necessarily an unwanted byproduct, as it is both more potent by weight than diacetylmorphine and has lesser side effects per mg. Unfortunately tar also commonly contains 6-acetyl-codeine, which is much more toxic and can cause allergy reactions in many people otherwise tolerant to opioids.

Rachamim18, you seem to know a lot about this Mexican tar, mut etc. Do you know if they use poppy straw as starter product? Or are they lancing the pods to make opium first, like in Asia?
You mention this New Zealand homebake is produced by another scheme. Could you please share some details on this scheme with us?
Thanks.

Straw...

Aconite:No, Mexicans use opium. Straw is atime consuming and exacting process. You can get a raw and highly impure product from a simply extraction but it would not satisfy many experienced users. The correct method ifs the Hungarian alkaloidal concern method [Kabay].

As for "Homebake," it has been done to death here as well as on the net at large. Briefly for the uniniated...Codeine is isolated from otc preps, converted to morphine, and then acetlyated to heroin. There are a couple of variations for all the steps but it is a simple and effective process...Still, I would rather just have some powder, as would most New Zealanders I suppose. UNODC has a couple of great papers on it, N.Z.'s "Clan Lab" project has some as well. Rho has some repeats but also has a couple of hard to find sheets on it also. If you search and still have trouble, let me know.

J.Dizzle: About the DEA's stats. Do not pay them much mind. First, they only sample about 8 to 12 samples in any one market. Second, they do not use scientific methods ffor sample collection so they do not ensure a random poll. They use c.i.s to buy, and c.i.s tend to go the easy route. It is safe to assume that most samples are coming from one dealer, or at most one block.

JRAshroom: "Chiva" isa Mexican Spanish slang word that means "sheep," as in the animal. They use it only for "Tar," not poweder. Powder is called ,"la morena" [the brown girl], or simply "polvo" [powder].

To the last 2 names above: You can convert "Tar" to powder rather easily, as well as adulterate it without converting it to powder. I have outlined both methods in this forum in the past. If you are interested, simply use the search feature. One thing to remember, you can insufflate simply by heating it in just enough water to dissolve, stopping just prior to a boil. then, use a syringe sans needle and inject it into your rectum. you CAN use your nose but it is much more effective via the back. In fact, doing it that way via the nose has its won slang term, "shebanging."

WhoMe: 6-MAM is not more potent than heroin, but it significantly more potent than morphine. It is a metaboilte, as well as a byproduct.

"Acetyl codeine." Almost all illicit heroin has it. The percentages are not dangerous however.

hey rachamim18

hey ive used the search button many times and still not much luck ....im looking to convert my tar to fine white powder ....im not into iv and the smoking scene isnt really my thing cuz i cant do it anywhere i would like to convert my tar to H#4 so i can take it with me and be able to juss sniff some when i pleased rather than smoke a foil joint at work lol so please some help into converting my tar to white powder check my few post

i think breaking it down in water addin some cloroform and some acetic anhydride then filtering threw activated charcoal ....then adding the sodium carbonate aka soda ash ..put to dry on a steam bath an then i have my white powder H No. 4 ?????????????

You know you could dissolve your powder in water and snort that? Either snort the powder as is or put it in one of those mist sprays. Don't store the liquid for over 1 day, as it will degrade and allow bacterial growth.

Snorting a liquid is actually quite a bit better than snorting a powder. It hits you faster and will allow for a higher BA.

Isn't tar diacetyl morphine acetate? To make 'Heroin' you need to base, clean and salt as the hydrochloride (after all, Heroin is a trade name).

thats what im saying... the base which would be the sodium carbonate the cleaning which would be the cloroform and the activated charchoal n the salt conversion would be the acetic anhydride ????

if black tar heroin is HCL then the reason the mexicans make the tar is because they skip the cleaning of the tar through the activated charcoal which seems like it has to be done a couple of times adding a couple of extra hours of labour when in that time the way they see it they can be producing more tar which to them is more money obviously its how the cartels function they produce so much of it that refining it to them is not really important when they are the ones producing it themselves.

why make tar?

because its cheap and without all the steps needed to refine it, you have more product. it may be only 10% pure, but you have way more of it. which is going to equal more $.

with powder dope its compressed and shipped *usually* with out any adulterants or cuts, IE its shipped raw. that way when it gets to the US or whereever its going it can be cut, bulked, diluted, whatever you wanna call it and sold.

-more potent
-easier to cut
-easier to smuggle (less volume)
-easier to deal with (not sticky)

So what are the benefits of tar?

- Potency isn't an issue with Mexicans, or anyone for that matter. It's always about cash.
- Tar is just as easy to cut as powder. Manufacturers usually aren't involved majorly in the cutting process either, and they usually hold the market power so I don't think a dealer wanting an easier product makes a difference to them.
- The major reason for tar is transportation. While powder is always easier to smuggle of course, Mexico does not have as many issues as Colombia and the Asian countries have in regards to smuggling. To them, it's much cheaper to make a much cheaper product that is harder to smuggle and lose, say, 3/4ths of all shipments, than an expensive product that gets by. Other countries don't have this option.

Benefits of tar are cost and not having to deal with as many barriers logistically.

so do we all agree that tar is not HCL ? because if it was HCL then it wouldnt be water soluble ( injectable ) ?

i believe it has AA thats why the tar smells like vinegar

phrozen i believe that the hcl is used to make it heroin base then the AA is added to make it water soluble Injectable. salt form. like u said before h#4 but not the powder the mexicans just skip the cloroform and the activated charcoal step which we would think is simple but probably addds days to there work .

so black tar heroin the chemical used to make it injectable is AA ???

^no, tar is HCL. if it wasnt you would need to add vit c or some type of acid to be able to shoot it effectively. the AA is what acetlyates the morphine. the HCL is what makes it a salt. if you dont finish the final product you would have heroin acetate. its the AA that makes the morphine diacetlymorphine.

negrogesic said:
Tar and powder have different pharmacological profiles, as the other compounds found in tar that is abscent in powder (6-mam as well as other unwanted by-products) creates different reactions. Powder is generally more potent and has a stronger rush, but the high does not last long. The rush from tar is not always as pronounced, but does last longer. Hardened tar users sometimes will prefer tar because it does not require the repeat dosing that powder does.

And yes, "la m", the mexican mob, has a stranglehold over the west coast........

It is "la eme" and the mexican mafia

rachamim18 said:
WhoMe: 6-MAM is not more potent than heroin, but it significantly more potent than morphine. It is a metaboilte, as well as a byproduct.

Well, I sure don't know what I am talking about but after getting interested from reading this thread and quickly checking the obvious sources I read that;

"6-monoacetylmorphine already has a free 3-hydroxy group and shares the high lipophilicity of heroin, so it penetrates the brain just as quickly and does not need to be deacetylated at the 3-position in order to be bioactivated; this makes 6-monoacetylmorphine somewhat more potent than heroin"

You'd think heroin being a pro-drug which first breaks into 6-MAM and then morphine that heroin may very well be more potent, but I suppose speed in breaking down is also a factor in potency as other pro-drugs are made so to be less potent. so I'd believe either scenario, but I'd like to know which is really the case from sources and evidence out of interest.

If there is a reason that black tar is in some cases more potent than whitish powder because of being less refined that would be interesting to know.

Damn can't believe someone bumped this thread. This was my pre-rehab days. LOL. My question still stands.

Answers: Cost, time, lack of barriers to entry that Mexico has to smuggling product makes this feasible.

Related question: All you guys have mentioned the strangle-hold that "La Eme" has over CA. What about Nuestra Familia aka los nortenos. All my hooks are hard core nortes, at some point are they buying this from their sworn enemys or do they have their own pipeline from Mexico? Myabe I could ask them... maybe thats not such a good idea. :)

It's also part of the "tradition." That shit sells as is. Sure they'd make more money if they put out high quality #4, but why even bother if it sells and if the profit margin is so large?

Now, if powder from various other regions of the world starts flowing into the SW, the Mexicans would make the switch. It'd probably taken them 5 or so years to make a complete switch...

axl blaze said:
most true to life junkies (IV) will let you know they strongly prefer tar over powder - in terms of past personal experiences with whichever substance gets one more "fucked up."
I really beg to differ. most true users would prefer the cleaner purer of the two as opposed to the dirtier cut version. tar is so nasty, i cant believe people inject that shit. people have found sand, shoepolish, rocks, oil, grease and many other nasties in their tar. So.Cal should boycott the use and get rewarded with east coast pure pow. one dayy. . .. .