• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why is weed, especially good weed, so fucking expensive?

Is it actually that expensive in the netherlands? In Alberta, I'm paying $xxx for an ounce of pretty good weed, $xxx-$xxx for an ounce of top notch weed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm obviously not sourcing, how specific can we get on prices? I would be interested to see how much pot costs in everyone's local area.

Is it actually that expensive in the netherlands? In Alberta, I'm paying $xxx for an ounce of pretty good weed, $xxx-$xxx for an ounce of top notch weed.

Gawd, double that for me. Literally, almost exactly double. But concentrates are cheeper than you might think here due to easier transportation. $xx a gram for clear, amazing quality, prepackaged dabs is nice. But that is all about the shipping, it's easier to bring a box of goo than buckets of pot across the country.

Gawd, double that for me. Literally, almost exactly double. But concentrates are cheeper than you might think here due to easier transportation. $[color]xx[/color] a gram for clear, amazing quality, prepackaged dabs is nice. But that is all about the shipping, it's easier to bring a box of goo than buckets of pot across the country.

On the east it's about the same for good concentrates, unless your friends w/ my friend then it's 20-30 usually 25 for the toppest notch but it's not always around.

Saw an O for xxx of some nice blue dream other night

in Amsterdam I paid between 7 and 11 EUR for a gram of weed.

Prices are coming down though.
Absolutely agree.

In the mid 90's I was paying the same price for mexican dirt brick weed as I do today for that legal
dT85Kednc.gif

guys please keep in mind the forum rules on price discussion

If I'm obviously not sourcing, how specific can we get on prices?

just no current dollar per weight quotes, it's too much an invitation for strangers to hit you up seeking sources

Problem is, for me, wax just isn't the same. It will do the job, but not like real plant does, I vaporize my weed and make reclamation dabs out of the leftovers. Even good wax just seems to lack the body high that the plant gives, and I enjoy that. I use wax to make my bud last longer, smoke a little less and take a small hit of wax to conserve. My little recycling and supplementing thing saves me money as well. It takes a little time to do, but it cuts costs. Vape your weed, save the leftovers, soak them in water for a day, strain, soak in everclear (or 91% iso), filter and dry. It makes an interesting product too because it's allready been heated and it changes the cannabinoid content. Your can also soak the used vape scraps in water then make butter, you don't need to heat it long either because, again, it's been done. You can google studies about how long to hold a hit for maximum efficiency, studies about vaporizing and how much better it works, and how to smoke property to maximize the absorption of cannabinoids into your body. Technical stuff with a very useful application. Some of it may require a small investment in new smoking equipment, but it saves you so much in the long run its worth it. And it's so much easier on your body as well when your not pulling 3000° smoke into your lungs and holding it in there until you pass out.

Some of it may require a small investment in new smoking equipment, but it saves you so much in the long run its worth it. And it's so much easier on your body as well when your not pulling 3000° smoke into your lungs and holding it in there until you pass out.

Hi Ish, this is exactly what I did about 5 or so years ago now, I swapped from being a bong 'smoker' to a vaper. The difference for me has been really amazing. I hardly ever cough up yucky stuff like I used to alot when I was using a bong so much, I also do not feel the need to re-dose so much and I feel like I am getting majorly more stoned off way less weed from using a vape instead of a bong or joints. I use an extreme q as my desktop and a solo as my portable.

Some of my old friends who still use the bong cough such a deep horrible cough (even when they arent smoking) and they don't seem to understand there is another option in vaping and it is so much nicer and less load on the chest and lungs. I highly doubt I will ever go back to combusting now after so many years vaping. I wish I never used a bong tbh, I wish I vaped from the very start. Oh well, at least I found vaping eventually. It was a bit hard initially to swap to vaping after being such a huge bong head for so many years but eventually I trained my brain to only wont to use the vapes. I even gave my double chamber glass bong away to a friend.

I must admit I havent used my left over stuff from vaping at all, I throw it all out but maybe one I will start doing what you mentioned above.

Where I live in Australia we hardly see much wax/dabs/shatter. I've heard of it only a few times and it doesn't really interest me as I love buds. We dont see much hash anymore either, I kind of miss that but it's no big deal as long as I can get bud I am happy.

The prices we pay here for buds varies alot but generally it's pretty expensive I think, although it has got a bit better over time, I recall paying a fair bit more when I was alot younger and in high school and in the yrs after that.

Problem is, for me, wax just isn't the same. It will do the job, but not like real plant does, I vaporize my weed and make reclamation dabs out of the leftovers. Even good wax just seems to lack the body high that the plant gives, and I enjoy that. I use wax to make my bud last longer, smoke a little less and take a small hit of wax to conserve. My little recycling and supplementing thing saves me money as well. It takes a little time to do, but it cuts costs. Vape your weed, save the leftovers, soak them in water for a day, strain, soak in everclear (or 91% iso), filter and dry. It makes an interesting product too because it's allready been heated and it changes the cannabinoid content. Your can also soak the used vape scraps in water then make butter, you don't need to heat it long either because, again, it's been done. You can google studies about how long to hold a hit for maximum efficiency, studies about vaporizing and how much better it works, and how to smoke property to maximize the absorption of cannabinoids into your body. Technical stuff with a very useful application. Some of it may require a small investment in new smoking equipment, but it saves you so much in the long run its worth it. And it's so much easier on your body as well when your not pulling 3000° smoke into your lungs and holding it in there until you pass out.
I use wax and flower everyday as well.

Started vaping over 5 years ago with a purple days and health stone.

I've made hash oil out of my after-vaped bud before, but if you want to be the most efficient you really should be making oil out of your trim if you can grow it. That's the only method that rivals my currently strategy of picking up a newspaper.

Man, I wish the price was falling here. I pay 10-20$ more a 1/8th than I did in the 90s, but the same since 2005-ish,,, 'little cheaper than the WA recreational shop prices.

^ I spent 5 minutes online just now and found one place in WA that isn't too far off from cheap prices I get, and I'm sure I could find better deals if I lived there.

Poledriver, if you decide to reuse, make sure you soak in water first. It gets most of the burnt carbon crap off of the leftovers so you don't end up with carbon filled, black, tar tasting, oil.

^ I spent 5 minutes online just now and found one place in WA that isn't too far off from cheap prices I get, and I'm sure I could find better deals if I lived there.

I feel like he meant something else but forgot a couple words? Cause I've seen recent posts from Bret Maverick and he's getting almost the same prices at med and rec stores for top shelf now. About as cheap as I see it for in CA/CO.

I'm totally with you on shopping around though, so many places around here that you can easily save 50% on basically the same product. Or knowing people. Since CA doesn't require testing yet, I've kinda gotten fed up with the badly flushed and overly chemmy bud that most L.A. dispensaries grow/stock. I just buy in bulk from a bigger grower I met, enjoy his economy of scale, or stock up when outdoor/greenhouse harvests come in.

I feel like he meant something else but forgot a couple words? Cause I've seen recent posts from Bret Maverick and he's getting almost the same prices at med and rec stores for top shelf now. About as cheap as I see it for in CA/CO.
That sounds about right to me.

I'm totally with you on shopping around though, so many places around here that you can easily save 50% on basically the same product. Or knowing people. Since CA doesn't require testing yet, I've kinda gotten fed up with the badly flushed and overly chemmy bud that most L.A. dispensaries grow/stock. I just buy in bulk from a bigger grower I met, enjoy his economy of scale, or stock up when outdoor/greenhouse harvests come in.
Yep, it's all about realizing your options.

Required lab testing is one of the greatest quality control techniques we have. Some of our best companies have fucked up and thanks to lab testing it was caught and a proper recall & refund has occurred. I think eventually this responsibility will fall into the hands of the federal government, whenever it's nationally legal. It seems like an issue that should be addressed everywhere is what I'm saying.

I've been doing the same ever since I was informed about PGR's and the prevalence of use in "top shelf" bud. A lot of people think the denser the better, but personally I don't find that to be true. It tends to have better bag/shelf appeal and at first glance usually looks better- but smokes harsh and I don't think cannabinoid content is any higher. Oh and PGRs are a known carcinogen.. so not something I'd like to smoke if I can help it.

Most people have no idea about it though and go entirely off of look and smell. A lot of growers love it because it increases not only yield but bag appeal to, so they grow more and it sells better. They can easily get away with it because almost no one tests for it, with the exception of some more prestigious dispensaries.

I think a lot of growers will have to revamp their nutrient schedule once testing becomes mandatory or keep to the black market.

Yeah, I live in Arkansas, I just visit family back in WA from time to time. Talking about AR prices.
Sometimes CO dispensary stuff shows up in town at the standard price for headies. It's supposed to be Super Lemon Haze most of the time but tastes of fertilizer and gives a very average high. Other than the neat little jars it comes in, not worth it. A majority of the black market stuff I get my hands on has been properly flushed...but not properly cured. All the legal weed I've smoked has been dry as a bone and left white ash.
As for the original question....Even at full price weed is pretty cheap. What other recreational drugs are there other than RCs where 60$ will let you get rather high for a couple weeks?

Last edited:
I've been doing the same ever since I was informed about PGR's and the prevalence of use in "top shelf" bud. A lot of people think the denser the better, but personally I don't find that to be true. It tends to have better bag/shelf appeal and at first glance usually looks better- but smokes harsh and I don't think cannabinoid content is any higher. Oh and PGRs are a known carcinogen.. so not something I'd like to smoke if I can help it.

Most people have no idea about it though and go entirely off of look and smell. A lot of growers love it because it increases not only yield but bag appeal to, so they grow more and it sells better. They can easily get away with it because almost no one tests for it, with the exception of some more prestigious dispensaries.

I think a lot of growers will have to revamp their nutrient schedule once testing becomes mandatory or keep to the black market.

I am surprised to hear this would be remotely common in a medical state, that shit is fucking disgusting. PGR's are banned for use in food crops due to being carcinogenic, I can't imagine they are any better for you when lit on fire and inhaled. Seriously, that garbage is the primary reason that I stopped fucking with commercial bud where I live, most of it is chock full of the stuff. Not only is it bad for you but it adversely impacts the quality of the crop in terms of taste and smell.

Medical will never be more legitimate than recreational...it's sad but true.