Site Feedback Why is "other drugs" so all encompassing of disparate drugs?

Would glue sniffing fall under Other Drugs?
How about huffing gasoline?

Perhaps there’s not much interest in either of those substances.....

Uhh, what does that mean? Should I go to love bandit or the admins and ask pretty pretty please can we have an opiate subforum?

I’ll join you in a pitch to management for you to admin a dedicated opiates sub forum and me to admin a dedicated stimulant sub-forum. Although I’ll probably need additional adult supervision. There are any number of regular ‘I’ve taken too much meth what should I do’ posts that an easy to find harm reduction sticky for over-amping at least would be a good idea.

Now if I were a Democrat I’d be taking offence and crying foul and be feeling left out.

Where’s the Cocaine and Crack, Barbiturates, and Benzodiazepines sub-forums going?

Not to mention the Z-drugs sub-forum?

And Fentanyl is “special” so a Fentanyl sub-forum in the Opioids sub-forum is necessary.

And what about a sub-forum for Quinazolinones (Quaaludes)?

And while we’re about it some hidden secure forums access by invitation or paid membership only to discuss synthesis, extraction, production, pre-cursor suppliers, laboratory equipment, sales, marketing, distribution, recruitment, security, etc.?

ADM (“All Drugs Matter”)! :ROFLMAO:
As a Democrat you need to wait for the people to elect someone suitable to support their interests.

There is an opiates lobby group and a stims lobby group but I’ve yet to hear the clamour of benzo addicts demanding representations. Let alone barbituates or z-drugs!

Democracy demands participation.

Hold my beer. I am taking my objections to the Supreme Council.
I AM the Supreme Council!
3bnd3f.jpg

All jokes aside, I don't think many of y'all realize how little manpower we have here (like mal said the benzo peeps are too busy being blacked out to even argue lol) and how in the past sub-forums have been eliminated due to slow traffic.

I realize OD is a very broad forum (often people don't know whether or not deleriants belong in OD or PD and I question it myself) but I think the only argument that could be made would be maybe for two sub-forums within OD which would split into stims and downers.

Then we have BDD which I really don't see the purpose of but gets loads of traffic. Idk. I think honestly we should whittle down a few more forums but I won't say which here. In the end, it's like CFC said, this site is an organic growth over the past two decades and is shaped by current and past events and the userbase.

This issue comes up from time to time and if I were designing the forums I would do it by drug class but it's ok how it is despite not really making sense. This way you get to see topics about random drugs come up that might interest you, which you wouldn't see if you were in an opioid only forum. Not that that really outweighs the disorganization, but people are used to it like this now and would probably resist change.

sometimes I wish the stim heads could write their walls of text in a different section.
We gave the crazy fuckers their own special social thread in Drug Culture but the bastards broke free and persist in roaming the halls of Bluelight in the wee hours spraypainting their nonsense all over the sleeping junkies. Something ought to be done about it. Maybe make it a condition that you have to write 50 sensible posts on the basic forum that are approved by all ex-opiate addict members before being allowed to post in the other forums? That works for Drugs-Forum. They have negligible tweak nonsense.

We gave the crazy fuckers their own special social thread in Drug Culture but the bastards broke free and persist in roaming the halls of Bluelight in the wee hours spraypainting their nonsense all over the sleeping junkies. Something ought to be done about it. Maybe make it a condition that you have to write 50 sensible posts on the basic forum that are approved by all ex-opiate addict members before being allowed to post in the other forums? That works for Drugs-Forum. They have negligible tweak nonsense.
Hahaha stop it that's so tweaked!

Maybe make it a condition that you have to write 50 sensible posts on the basic forum that are approved by all ex-opiate addict members before being allowed to post in the other forums? That works for Drugs-Forum.

This made me cringe and LOL at the same time.

not to interrupt the memery too much, but will admin ever consider changing the subforums? MDMA having it's own forum while opioids do not is a bit lopsided. I get that mdma is how this place started but it might not be the worst thing to keep up with times

not to interrupt the memery too much, but will admin ever consider changing the subforums? MDMA having it's own forum while opioids do not is a bit lopsided. I get that mdma is how this place started but it might not be the worst thing to keep up with times
It's an ongoing consideration. Like I and others before me have said, breaking up forums is based on needs/manpower. OD has some of the highest turnover with mods that I can tell and that's not conducive to a healthy forum split. On top of that, I'm 100% certain the admins are aware of the debate going on here; if they think there's a need and that we can fill it, they will decide to create new subforums. Please feel free to petition them.

Did you know we used to have a whole separate forum for EDM? The real music folks didn't wana associate with weird raver people or whatever so we had TWO music forums. That merge was a few years ago now I think. We used to have a vaping forum, very short lived and merged into CD/OD. We used to have a science and technology forum, merged into CEP. TL used to be a shithole, so it was closed, renamed, reorganized. People bitched and moaned but now we have something tolerable and accessible compared to the festering sore that was whatever TL was before. People have argued dissociatives need a separate forum apart from PD, but the fact of the matter is it's easier to keep them under the purview of the PD mods since once again, someone would have to overlook the new subforum.

So okay, we make a subforum for every drug class, now we have 15 drug forums. Who will staff them? Will they get any traffic? Do we even need a mod for the deleriants forum?

The whole website itself has been revamped in the past two years. We switched from vBulletin to Xenforo, reorganized forums, absentee mods were dropped. There's always stuff behind the scenes happening, but we all also have lives, wives, drug habits, paying jobs. All things take time.

For what reason might I ask do you feel this needs to be done right now, and in what manner?

doesn't need to be right now but i would be willing to bet that COVID has forced more people to use alone and so harm reduction knowledge is more needed than ever - just to answer your last question

you're right that it certainly can go to far the other way with hyper specialization. perhaps look at how many posts are flaired with opioids, stimulants, etc and see how that compares to say, the mdma forum (which doesn't get too many new threads tbh). doing this empirically would largely eliminate any such biased judgements

also perhaps the reason OD has such high mod turnover is that it's too large to be reasonably manageable. @Atelier3 would probably love to mod a stim forum but is less likely to be willing to devote their time to posts about benzos, alcohol, and opiates.

i hope i didn't come across as condescending, i appreciate all the hard work that staff does behind the scenes. i'm just thinking of how we can best get people the information they need, and ~perhaps~ this would help

You're not wrong in wondering if a split would make more sense. Certainly in the 'fentanyl era' we live in an opioid specific forum would have merits, maybe lumping in benzos and other downers since all have similar dangers. And the same could be said for stimulants. But then there's still all the other drugs which would still belong in OD, i.e. Z-drugs (I really don't feel they're similar to benzos), inhalants, etc.

yeah no doubt OD has it's place. there's just too much shit out there to encompass everything lol

a more general (but still more specialized then what we currently have) downers forum like you mentioned could be a great solution. i know that personally i'm more likely to comment on posts about drugs i've done/that i like. so someone who has lots of benzo experience is more likely to be perusing that forum when a newb comes looking for help and they can reply quickly rather than them browsing OD (which personally i rarely do, but ofc that's just me) . just my 2 cents

doesn't need to be right now but i would be willing to bet that COVID has forced more people to use alone and so harm reduction knowledge is more needed than ever - just to answer your last question

you're right that it certainly can go to far the other way with hyper specialization. perhaps look at how many posts are flaired with opioids, stimulants, etc and see how that compares to say, the mdma forum (which doesn't get too many new threads tbh). doing this empirically would largely eliminate any such biased judgements

also perhaps the reason OD has such high mod turnover is that it's too large to be reasonably manageable. @Atelier3 would probably love to mod a stim forum but is less likely to be willing to devote their time to posts about benzos, alcohol, and opiates.

i hope i didn't come across as condescending, i appreciate all the hard work that staff does behind the scenes. i'm just thinking of how we can best get people the information they need, and ~perhaps~ this would help
That’s true. I would be happy monitoring other forums for general issues related to community standards (just like a hall monitor) but stims is the only thing I’m comfortable moderating harm advice in. Plus I hate opiates.

To me, my personal opinion is that it makes no sense to me that we have no opiate forum, or even a forum for say, downers (so say opiates benzos and alcohol)

But we have a steroid forum? It just seems quite random. How can steroids be more necessary than opioids?

If it were up to me I'd probably just split other drugs into uppers and downers, and let BDD handle the rest of the drugs that fit nowhere else.

Don't get me wrong I don't want dozens of forums for every specific thing (like some other forums that shall remain nameless ;)) It just feels like the current selection doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

That said I don't have access to the data the admins do.