Site Feedback Why is "other drugs" so all encompassing of disparate drugs?

tarman

Bluelighter
I'm just curious what the rationale was for the categories that fall under the "Other drugs" section. This isn't me being a wiseass or know-it-all or critical or anything, I'm just genuinely curious and sometimes baffled. Stimulants seem like they should have their own section, separate from opioids and benzos/depressants/etc. There are very specific sections like weed, psychedelics, mdma, but "other drugs" is a conglomeration and dumping ground of massively disparate drug types. I dunno, not to sound to elitist or snobby, but as someone who primarily goes to other drugs to read about opioids/benzos/gabas, etc sometimes I wish the stim heads could write their walls of text in a different section. That was a joke... sort of. ; ) I suppose it's probably about usability and popularity- if it was more granular and separated, users would have to click around more and there would be fewer posts in each cordoned off section, which would not be encouraging for folks looking to discuss stuff. There are already a ton of sections as it is, so I know that adding more would do no good.

If this was the wrong place to post this, I will take my reprimand and promise not to do it again. But it honestly has been something I've been curious about for a long time. I'm sure the answer is straightforward, I just thought what the hell, I'd ask.

Thank you,

The Tarman.

I've wondered this for a while myself.

If I had to guess. I'd say I think it's a result of bluelights history. As I recall we started with a focus on MDMA. Which means bluelight probably started focusing on the softcore drugs and spread out.

That would explain why there's subforums for cannabis, mdma, and psychedelics. But coke, meth and heroin kinda just fall under "other".

Whether it should still be laid out like this today is a good question. Seeing as there's a lot of us who are more hard drug users and are more into heroin, meth and related drugs, and less so into psychedelics.

I believe it's a matter of interest and manpower.
If enough interest in any particular substance then it may get a dedicated forum. Interest is measure by number of threads and posts in the Other Drugs sub forum.

I've wondered for a while how bluelighters break down on terms of what drugs they're into.

Seems hard to believe though that we have more steroid users than opiate users. Yet there's a steroid subforum but no opiate subforum.

Um, well someone has to be the one to make the first request.

If it's important enough to you then, yes you should petition for a new sub forum. You can probably skip the pretty please part.

I've wondered for a while how bluelighters break down on terms of what drugs they're into.

Seems hard to believe though that we have more steroid users than opiate users. Yet there's a steroid subforum but no opiate subforum.
I too have wondered about the seemingly large body of steroid users frequenting BL. I’m also surprised that there’s a forum for steroids while opiates, which would include Heroin, all the prescribed opiates and the nightmarish Fentanyl, fall under the non-specific umbrella forum labeled “other drugs”.
I think a dedicated forum for opiates would be great and I suspect it would make finding answers to questions re: opiates much easier, too.
All I want for Christmas is an opiate forum!

All I want for Christmas is opiates! Mmmmmmm.

I think I might have a problem. :(

I too have wondered about the seemingly large body of steroid users frequenting BL.

I wonder how large it actually is. I mean, there's not many threads in the steroid forum. And I don't hear much talking about it elsewhere on bluelight. And most pictures of bluelighters don't exactly look like body builders.

This also makes me wonder what proportion of bluelighters are female. I mean I know a bunch of female bluelighters, but it's hard to estimate what proportion of the total that really is.

In my experience with friends and other groups of drug users, NA meetings, etc, at least among other heroin addicts, the ratio was something like 1:3 to 1:4

Last edited:
I lucked out and got a kidney stone + infection and was in the hospital Monday - Wednesday. I was discharged with a script for antibiotics and 120 20mg Oxys. 😎

I have been equally curious about this myself. I’ve always assumed there was some reason or another, but glad to know I’m not the only one who has thought about this :)

I lucked out and got a kidney stone + infection and was in the hospital Monday - Wednesday. I was discharged with a script for antibiotics and 120 20mg Oxys. 😎

God why can't Australia be as happy to prescribe opiates for anything.

I should get to have piles of oxycodone for a tooth ache too :(.

If they knew my history they probably wouldn't even give me codeine. Which I suppose is fine given my tolerance is such that codeine is useless for me. Honestly oxy is useless for me too if it is the kind that includes naloxone. Since there's no way for me to take enough to feel it without the naloxone ruining it. :(

God why can't Australia be as happy to prescribe opiates for anything.

I should get to have piles of oxycodone for a tooth ache too :(.

If they knew my history they probably wouldn't even give me codeine. Which I suppose is fine given my tolerance is such that codeine is useless for me. Honestly oxy is useless for me too if it is the kind that includes naloxone. Since there's no way for me to take enough to feel it without the naloxone ruining it. :(

WTF? Oxys containing Naloxone?!

I have never heard of any brand of Oxycodone containing Naloxone being distributed or manufactured in the US. I have read reviews extensively regarding variances in quality from one pharmaceutical company to another and nowhere have I read anything to indicate this is occurring.
I’m 100% sure the Oxys I’m currently taking contain no Narcan (naloxone) whatsoever. If I take 2 at a time I most definitely feel quite a warm and wonderful buzz.

Look up Targin or Targiniq, I had never heard of it in the US either until recently. It’s quite a bit of naloxone too, 40 mg of naloxone/80 mg of oxycodone type formulations.

So this Targin or Targiniq would target pain while generally decreasing the risk of death by respiratory failure during an overdose? I’m guessing the addition of Naloxone would remove most euphoric effects and therefore be less addictive. The manufacture’s website really didn’t tell me much about the product.

Look up Targin or Targiniq, I had never heard of it in the US either until recently. It’s quite a bit of naloxone too, 40 mg of naloxone/80 mg of oxycodone type formulations.

Yeah, that shit. It's not uncommon in Australia Saddly.

And if you have any serious habit it's worthless. The naloxone is more powerful than the oxy effects so if you have a habit you'll just feel worse.

The logic of it is that naloxone has very little effect when taken orally. So putting it in oxy is supposed to stop people injecting it.

But if you have any kind of habit, the amount that still gets into your system with oral absorbion is still high enough to render it worthless.

I'm sure it would get you high if you were opioid naive. But for those of us with habits, it's useless.

Last edited:
On the one hand: this post and the other two or three above are totally off topic. On the other hand: makes a good case for the OP's observation (as this is going to get lost on this thread).

So this Targin or Targiniq would target pain while generally decreasing the risk of death by respiratory failure during an overdose? I’m guessing the addition of Naloxone would remove most euphoric effects and therefore be less addictive. The manufacture’s website really didn’t tell me much about the product.

Everything and anything you wanted to know about this stuff:

For the sake of interest: it would appear that certain antibiotics increase the blood plasma levels of Oxycodone and prolong the opioid effects.

Patent details (PDF download):

From the patent:

"...an orally active opioid agonist is combined with an opioid antagonist into an oral dosage form which would require at least a two-step extraction process to be separated from the opioid agonist..."

I'm posting this for two reasons (aside from responding to the previous posts on the topic) (the second reason being the more important of the two):
  1. While it is claimed (by the manufacturer and therefore stated on the FDA's website) that "in vitro physical and chemical tablet manipulation studies were performed to evaluate the success of different extraction methods in defeating the controlled-release formulation of TARGINIQ ER and separating the oxycodone component from naloxone, a potent opioid antagonist. Laboratory test data demonstrate that TARGINIQ ER can be crushed and dissolved in solution. However, complete separation or complete inactivation of naloxone from oxycodone was not achieved despite using various techniques and conditions." the patent says otherwise (although does not give details) (but you can be sure that somebody around here or a clandestine chemist will figure it out if it becomes necessary or financially viable).
  2. Using (e.g. crushing for nasal inhalation or dilution for IV) these pills could result in acute and life threatening opioid withdrawal symptoms (precipitated withdrawal) in certain opioid dependent individuals. Seems to me that this little factoid is worth mentioning on a forum such as this given that, so far as I can tell, not many have heard about these and could very well resort to using them to tide them over in an effort to minimize withdrawal symptoms (which is ironic to say the least).
Aside from this post presenting a possible (extraction) challenge to some while at the same time presenting some harm reduction advice to others: seems to me it'd be better suited in an "Opioids Forum" (which is the OP's point).

My bad for contributing in taking this off topic. I think I forgot what topic it was when I clicked it in my feed of topics with new posts. :(

The site just evolved organically the way it is now. It began as an MDMA forum and went from there. Opioids would likely be the most actively discussed drugs nowadays.

If you'd like to limit what you see to only the drugs you're interested in, simply click the prefix selector near the top of the screen in Other Drugs, or click on any of the prefixes directly, and all the other topics will disappear.

If I had to guess. I'd say I think it's a result of bluelights history. As I recall we started with a focus on MDMA. Which means bluelight probably started focusing on the softcore drugs and spread out.
Having read some of the forum circa 2000 or so reading into the history of this site yeah that’s probably the answer. I think before Bluelight there was a precursor within some other site which was all about MDMA and raving. Doesn’t really reflect the current demographic here too much anymore though. I’d be really into dividing the other drugs section into a few categories and then that’d erase any confusion what goes where. Traffic here isn’t so great in that forum, I think, that that’s really a big concern as in splitting up the forum to ease the pace and thus the workload.. but it’s still an area that needs be a little more concise, and it’d be more attractive to the newer user to be able to see right away exactly what goes where more specifically than an all encompassing “other drugs”. We have a section dedicated to marijuana, one to steroids and image enhancing, one to MDMA and empathogens, one to psychedelic, and then we have “basic” and “other”.

by far the biggest demographics here are stims, opiates, Benzoes, RCs, alcohol at least so far as I see. I think there could be a new division as to what constitutes a specific forum and then what entails basic or other, or if basic and other should even be seperate.

Not gonna be a big advocate here but it’s worth a look.