• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why is meth not popular in the east coast?

I remember reading some where meth was more a dirty drug and people did not want to associate with it or the people. I’m not sure that is really is true now as opium and heroin is on the rise. Meth never had junkie vibe like heroin or street people shooting up heroin on the street. Yet people do these drugs much harder than meth and Philadelphia is making the news for the open drug market of thousands of heroin users. And yet these people are staying away from meth but using heroin there.

And it not just Philadelphia there are many cities in the east coast of people nodding of in public.

And there are many crack houses in the east coast so I don’t think meth being more dirty that many people are going to say crack houses or doing heroin is because it is more dirty and will go to crack houses or do heroin than say meth.

There are many crack houses in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Philadelphia. So I'm not sure what the main reason is.

A lot of people here use meth are already full blown heroin addicts, and use it to stay awake while enjoying the heroin. Otherwise to become more "functional" .. while I disagree it makes them functional, I have seen instances where someone who did a dose of heroin that would probably kill them or at least render them unconscious, was able to stay relatively awake because of meth. Hence the appeal. This is my observation.

I dont know why people are getting this idea east coast meth use isn't rampant though... it definitely an older white demographic that dominates the use, but its shifting to the younger crowd RAPIDLY . I will say that I've never ever seen a black tweaker tho, like ever....

Generally meth is more popular in rural areas, and cocaine/crack in cities. Though in some areas, meth is popular in cities too. If you go into rural areas on the east cost, meth is popular.
I think drugs do seem to be more popular in rural and smaller cities. That may have to do with cost of living. As lot of the trailer parks people cook there own meth and sale it. That may have to do there is no jobs there and lower income.

But the big cities the cost of living you are not getting a trailer park or really small ghetto home but living in a rooming house, living above a store or in an apartment. So you cannot cook meth as people will report you in like a day not even two days.

So the drug users that do go on the street cannot cook there own meth but need the drug cartel to give them drugs that they than can sale.

May be be this is what is going on. As the trailer parks and really small homes are in the lower cost of living areas as the expensive cities you living in a rooming house, living above a store or in an apartment.

A lot of people here use meth are already full blown heroin addicts, and use it to stay awake while enjoying the heroin. Otherwise to become more "functional" .. while I disagree it makes them functional, I have seen instances where someone who did a dose of heroin that would probably kill them or at least render them unconscious, was able to stay relatively awake because of meth. Hence the appeal. This is my observation.

I dont know why people are getting this idea east coast meth use isn't rampant though... it definitely an older white demographic that dominates the use, but its shifting to the younger crowd RAPIDLY . I will say that I've never ever seen a black tweaker tho, like ever....

lol thats a newer phenomenon on the west coast with the blacks - and it's been hardcore with the whites here since i arrived from the NYC area in 97 but only in the last 5 to 10 years....

i did see meth in nyc in the 90s but that was on the real downlow....

a friend of mine from high school, became a cop, and recently retired, and i asked him and he said he never saw meth even once while working...and he was in Bergen County NJ right next to Manhattan for around 20 years

i was in a current events class in 89, and we were reading about "Ice" in Hawaii....you'd be awake for days on end....anyway, it took me like another 15 years to figure out that Ice and meth were the same thing :unsure:

It's there but honestly just not as developed as a culture like it is out west. There's a stigma around it very much even amongst IV drug users that there isn't out west.

It's not super popular in Baltimore, but you can find it if pressed. It is a lot more popular in DC, VA, and WV. It's definitely big out in them hills.

Baltimore, is pretty much solely smack, (only rock) cocaine, and weed

I met one in rehab this past year. They're definitely around