• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why is MDMA addiction so much rarer than other stimulants?

Back in my heavy use days I could take up to 5-6 good quality mdma pills in one night. Obviously this was too many, cause negative comedowns and I would be totally fried, yes the first hit was always the best and a double dose on the initial hit was a common theme. I knew people at clubs taking up to 15 pills! Which seems crazy. I stopped at the beginning of the drought in the UK as after taking nearly 10 love hearts at a rave I was dubious about the contents of the pills. It isnt until looking back now that the best night's on mdma/pills I experienced I didn't over do it. That's my motto these days is to have 2 nice doses in a night and leave it at that.

I think its simply because it doesn't pack a punch after you abuse it. Beginning of 2020 I went through grams of MDMA a week and after awhile you are not even chasing a high, you are just snorting lines and your whole body is jerking and you are extremely dysphoric. At least with other stimulants you can binge them and still get some euphoria, after a MDMA binge there is the opposite of euphoria. The feeling after is much worse too than a regular stimulants binge (I'd imagine, never binged on regular stimulants only MDMA)

Back in my heavy use days I could take up to 5-6 good quality mdma pills in one night. Obviously this was too many, cause negative comedowns and I would be totally fried, yes the first hit was always the best and a double dose on the initial hit was a common theme. I knew people at clubs taking up to 15 pills! Which seems crazy. I stopped at the beginning of the drought in the UK as after taking nearly 10 love hearts at a rave I was dubious about the contents of the pills. It isnt until looking back now that the best night's on mdma/pills I experienced I didn't over do it. That's my motto these days is to have 2 nice doses in a night and leave it at that.
Exactly and be happy that you were abusing a substance that's very forgiving.

A gram and a half of some substituted cathinones could be very very bad news.

I think because it works on serotonin. After MDMA you just want to rest and get back to normal to feel good and function. The last thing you want is more.

Stimulant's work on dopamine (reward system) you just want to keep feeding it to feel good, normal and function.
Why they are so addictive.

I think its simply because it doesn't pack a punch after you abuse it. Beginning of 2020 I went through grams of MDMA a week and after awhile you are not even chasing a high, you are just snorting lines and your whole body is jerking and you are extremely dysphoric. At least with other stimulants you can binge them and still get some euphoria, after a MDMA binge there is the opposite of euphoria. The feeling after is much worse too than a regular stimulants binge (I'd imagine, never binged on regular stimulants only MDMA)
Tachyphilaxis with Dysphoria

Stops getting you high starts making you feel like crap.

I think because it works on serotonin. After MDMA you just want to rest and get back to normal to feel good and function. The last thing you want is more.

Stimulant's work on dopamine (reward system) you just want to keep feeding it to feel good, normal and function.
Why they are so addictive.
MDMA has a large dopamine release too.

The issue is tachyphilaxis with dysphoria MDMA has it most of the drugs don't.

I thought mdma depletes your serotonin and therefore it won't work again until you return to base. This takes a few days
it takes me like months until i can feel mda or mdma again.. i'm schizophrenic so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

i was using lsd analogues like 3 days a week for a couple years... i could never do that with mdma... i went literally three weeks after taking a half of this mda pill that was fire. i took the other half three weeks later, and literally got no effect. i tried mdma a few times through out the coming year every few months and rolls that people were saying were quality wouldn't get to me. only one time did i feel really weird. i didn't really enjoy it though.

for the sake of the thread, i think even if a person is taking something once a week or even every couple of months. if they want it enough, it's still kind of an addiciton.

Short biological half-life, less dopamine, huge serotonine overload. Maybe cause of this.
It's got relatively the same profile as many of the methcathinones (bath salts). However, bath salts don't result in dysphoria when re-dosed multiple times or multiple days.

Using MDMA multiple times in a night and or multiple consecutive days in a row results in dysphoria and also tachyphilaxis which means it stops working after about 4 or 5 days of consecutive use regardless of dose.

That's why people tend not to become addicted to MDMA.

As an example, methylone which is the beta ketone analog of MDMA and also a methcathinone provides no dysphoric reaction when redosing for hours and hours.

You can also get away with doing methylone multiple days in a row.