• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why is marijuana so addictive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonAJunkie

Bluelighter
I've used drugs now and then,even H didn't strike so hard to addiction,really.Smoked a blunt of white widow and i want one more so hard:\
Maybe there are no physical addiction reports,but what the heck seriously

It's feels great, it's awesome, so naturally you want to keep doing things that are awesome.

dude it was spiked!Weed is gentle explorer's path,doesn't push you. Even my dog agree cigs are more addictive,it's didn't tell me but kinda tugged me off and pushed me whenever i was smoking cigs, and weed it doesn't inhale but just chills out.
Wait you smoked a blunt of ww, so ur a long time smoker?

It's feels great, it's awesome, so naturally you want to keep doing things that are awesome.

amiright.

ugh so i saw another thread, something similar but 'how to keep a low tolerance"
DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU LIKE THE DRUG, REALLY
and your impulse control situation once you know.

uh. weed high is annoying for me now but comedown is even worse. if given the opportunity i might just smoke myself unconscious rather than come down, even though i am not really enjoying the high. i mean say there is some magical god hand coming down from the sky, handing me bowl after bowl, as soon as i started to come down. i might just take it. forever and forever.

i would prefer opiates over uppers as far as high, but which comedown affects me more? (aka am i going to want to avoid the aftermath of doing a lot of then running out): uppers. i can handle some cold sweats and nausea over a bad fucking crash any day. (contradicted myself there. could have just said i prefer the whole package of opiates more, but uppers have different uses, more practical perhaps, and are generally more accepted/easier to get, depending)

i experienced hating returning to reality for the maybe two weeks or so i actually quit smoking weed in high school, complete with screaming nightmares (about, i shit you not, trying to inhale and not being able to). that being said....haha...ah. god no. returning to normal mediocrity is going to be annoying for anyone, depends on the degree with which you want to escape. doesn't come close to the hell that is your body also turning against you and feeling 100% the opposite, worse, worse than you did before. it's a fun game where the body kicks the shit out of itself and also your mind, in the process.

burroughs wrote something about how ridic exaggerated getting a junk habit is, and i'd say he was kind of purposefully overshooting it, or junk is worse now or something but you have to commit to get a real habit, and that takes mental commitment first. i knew my body was going to be against me because i was aware, but i don't think anyone can be seriously aware of what it means when you start using anything with bad withdrawals/detox

your heroin addiction (?) didn't hit because you did heroin once and felt like you HAD to get more immediately thereafter because goddamn it just felt so good you're like a shopaholic with unlimited credit inside the heroin mall. it hit because you fucked your body up to a state of needing it to just be comfortable.

Last edited:
dude it was spiked!Weed is gentle explorer's path,doesn't push you. Even my dog agree cigs are more addictive,it's didn't tell me but kinda tugged me off and pushed me whenever i was smoking cigs, and weed it doesn't inhale but just chills out.
Wait you smoked a blunt of ww, so ur a long time smoker?

Please explain

this guy has to be a troll.

i enjoyed spewing off at the fingers uselessly not any less for it

oh i see they are two different users. those incoherent-y...yes. okay

OP I'm sure all of OD agrees with me: we all hope you are keeping sensible with your drug use.

Maybe marijuana is your drug of choice, biochemically everyone likes weed due to the release of dopamine, but with that logic then everyone loves heroin.

It's just how the body works, WW is a powerful strain and it just shows that you really like it.

Even though it "may just be marijuana", I hope you realize the seriousness of the situation:

If you are constantly thinking about your next hit of marijuana now, I suggest you stop using drugs altogether.

Because of your heroin use, you could easily fall down into a very bad path to addiction, I hope this is a very clear wake up call in just how easily people can become addicted to drugs.

I'm not berating you by the way I'm just saying you haven't picked up a heroin addiction yet?

A) you are very lucky
B) it happens exactly the same way, try it then get hooked, heroin is substantially a much harder habit to kick as well.

Sending a prayer your way tonight, hope you find your way.

You smoked a blunt? Nicotine in the tobbaco leaf probably. A blunt is a lot of thc at once so that could be your body wanting more of that. Read or heard a long time ago that one joint has as much nicotine as a pack of light cigarettes. Don't know I'd say that's bs. But who knows! GL mate.

You smoked a blunt? Nicotine in the tobbaco leaf probably. A blunt is a lot of thc at once so that could be your body wanting more of that. Read or heard a long time ago that one joint has as much nicotine as a pack of light cigarettes. Don't know I'd say that's bs. But who knows! GL mate.

uhh i dont think this is quite true... otherwise cigarette smokers would have no problem stopping if they smoked weed, also means that weed smokers would be ok with cigarettes if they needed it... which i am definitely not. quite anti cigarette as a matter of fact lol

Lol people who feel this addicted to weed need to grow the fuck up when u dont have any sure u might feel a bit down because u dont have any but its just a herb get on with it op and i seriously dout you found heroin less addicted than weed ive never tried the stuff but that sounds highly unlilkely most addictive drug ive done is mcat and havent done that in like 9 months

Lol people who feel this addicted to weed need to grow the fuck up when u dont have any sure u might feel a bit down because u dont have any but its just a herb get on with it op and i seriously dout you found heroin less addicted than weed ive never tried the stuff but that sounds highly unlilkely most addictive drug ive done is mcat and havent done that in like 9 months

I never know what to make of people who tell others "to grow the fuck up" on a drug forum website, lol. Sadly, though, I think you're sincere, which makes it all the more disconcerting...

But seriously, the OP is a troll right? I mean, this topic has been discussed by potheads since time immemorial. Weed is psychologically habit forming, yes, but it has next to no physically addicting properties. Your skin is not going to itch over a hit, you won't having physical ailments as a result of not smoking weed (unless you're a verifiable medicinal marijuana candidate, I suppose), etc. etc. If you're just a normal, healthy individual, smoking weed should just indicate getting momentarily high in one of the world's safest fashions to do so...weed is much more entheogen than drug in my opinion. But yeah, I'm not much about platitudes, but, at the same time, with this shit, either you know or you don't know, and some people just don't wanna know, even though this shit is all over the web and on Erowid if you'll just take a few hours to research before starting up your own thread like you're lost at sea and you're looking for some crazy answer to a generic issue...peace.

^ that sums it up. Closing this thread since it's not going anywhere and since this topic is covered by a megathread linked in the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.