• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why is fentanyl dominant in the US?

I know a guy who sells fent. He’s making crazy money because the people who do it, will do anything for it. He went out to this little country town like 2 hours away from the city and we never see him til it’s time for him to buy more. He’s living like a king up there. All off fentanyl. He compares it to how crack was in the 80s. Super cheap, super addictive, and super profitable.

Maybe you should turn him in, think of all the peoples lives that shit is ruining, peoples sons and daughters its killing just for this mf to get rich.

Though im not one to turn people in to the police (at least for drugs etc), ive never done it. I dunno though.

Maybe you should turn him in, think of all the peoples lives that shit is ruining, peoples sons and daughters its killing just for this mf to get rich.

Though im not one to turn people in to the police (at least for drugs etc), ive never done it. I dunno though.
Uh yeahhhh no. I’m not one to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong. That’s how people end up in bad situations. And if they weren’t getting it from him, they’d certainly be getting it from somewhere else. That’s the nature of a drug addict. He has no moral obligation to anyone.

I agree with the tenor of this post. There is a modern version of "Opium Wars" happening currently, and I have plenty of reason to believe that it is far more intentional than some may believe. The people running the show cannot be trusted, and that has been proven many times over again. And with countries like India and China producing a great deal of the drugs flooding the market now and in the recent past, the collateral damage is just part of doing business, and totalitarian types want people using drugs for failry obvious reasons. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but for the "controllers", it serves purposes of making populations far easier to control. Even LSD, which they carpet-bombed the US with during the height of the Vietnam war, was not organic. You have to ask yourself why the CIA, for quite a few years, owned and managed the largest supply of LSD on earth, and helped distribute it. Not a theory, actually happened. Even luminaries of the "counter-culture" were known, admitted CIA members and affiliates. Carpet bombed the US with Cocaine in the 80s, crack in the inner cities and powder everywhere else. and the CIA had a role in that as well. Again, not made up, but proven true. 90s was the opiate/heroin explosion, with the normalization of dope as well as Big pharma seeding the US with drugs like Ocycontin. Just look where we are now, and it shows no signs of even slowing down. I believe that there are many big agendas being played out. Pretend that some of what has happened has been part of a military operation. Then, it may make more sense. A docile populace which presents no genuine threat to the power structure is rather ideal for those that think about such things. I am older than most here, being born in the 60s, and watched carefully all along.
Have some source about the cia distributing lsd ? I think they are more interested in engineering the setting/environment people might take it in, I dont think they distribute it but simply do "damage control"

I know a guy who sells fent. He’s making crazy money because the people who do it, will do anything for it. He went out to this little country town like 2 hours away from the city and we never see him til it’s time for him to buy more. He’s living like a king up there. All off fentanyl. He compares it to how crack was in the 80s. Super cheap, super addictive, and super profitable.
They come from Detroit up to where I live ( also 2 hours away and to a small hick town ) and do the same. I don't use but I hear the horror stories. There have been 4 fatal OD's in the past 36 months. Not blaming anyone ( the suppliers or the users ) just sucks as all these people had been doing real heroin for the past 15 years and had no issues with OD's.

I hear Fent is very fiendish. Short lived high and no legs. Just like Crack. Damn shame. Everyone not on this shit should thank their lucky stars.

It truly bothers me how much fentynal has been the culprit for spiritually murdering/actually murdering too many addicts to count anymore.
Fentanyl is an inanimate powder incapable of killing anyone on its own as it is not sentient. Let's please not anthropomorphize any chemicals.

If anyone has blood on their hands it's the Big Pharma doctors and salesmen who gratuitously pushed unneeded opiate scripts on U.S. patients. Por ejemplo, all the Purdue Pharmaceutical sales reps claiming they didn't know OxyContin was addictive… I all bullshit. Any educated adult—especially one working in the medical field—should already know opioids are all derivatives of morphine, and as such they carry a notable risk of tolerance, dependency, and compulsive behavior pattern disorder. Everyone is on their own individual case-by-case basis and often it's virtually impossible to predict with accuracy which patients will develop this specific drug problem (I detest the term “addicted”, which etymologically means “spoken for”, hence why “diction” is in its word root; it's an unhelpful and confusing label).

In other words, the problem isn't the drug; the problem is the U.S. population's desire/demand for the product, coupled with a lack of oversight and quality control, plus adjacent proximity to a supplier country adept and experienced at smuggling drugs (and people) into the U.S. for the blackmarket. What does the demand mean and where did it come from? These are the questions that need answers. And meanwhile, it's worth considering that regulating recreational use sales of all the currently illicit drugs would effectively cut-off the financial supply to the violent and dangerous transnational criminal organizations (TCOs and other organized crime syndicates in the drug trade). The people should demand this until it happens as they should equally demand an end to the so-called Drug War at once.

What civilized government wages war against its own people? The U.S. incarcerates both the largest number of people of any country (2.2 million) and also the largest number of people per capita. Number 2 is India at 1.9 million inmates, but guess what? India has a total of ~1.35 billion people while the U.S. comparatively has 330 million. India has over one billion more citizens than the United States, yet it manages to incarcerate 300,000 fewer of them.

I think another big reason behind the mass proliferation of fentanyl is its super efficient and low production cost compared to diacetylmorphine (Heroin) and most other opioids, Carfentanil notwithstanding. And with a super high potency, it's functionally similar to LSD in that the profit margins on the drug are ridiculously high.

I mean, one kilogram of fentanyl produces 25 million single doses @ 40µg each
. Now consider if each dose is sold for $5, each… this is just for the producers, we'll say, because each dose will wind up costing some end-user ~$20, but at $5/each that's $125 million dollars. Hell at $3/each that's $75 million, and it's ultimate street value should be somewhere in the neighborhood of a half billion dollars. It should be obvious why these profits are so attractive to the TCOs and organized crime capable of reagent procurement and drug synthesis.
I've never met an addict that said, "golly jee willickers fent makes the heroin so euphoric and energizing!"
I've never met anyone who actually says, “golly jee willickers” like we're in some nightmarish rerun of Leave It To Beaver…

Also no one should expect to be energized by painkillers. That would not be wise considering how it's classified as a central nervous system depressant. Not saying it doesn't happen; just don't expect it. This will backfire, trust me. If you want Uptown, you take a stimulant. And not everyone associates having energy with feeling euphoric. I know people who forego Heroin altogether and they have a whole method down for volumetric dosing darknet fentanyl they get for bargain prices. At the same time, I just lost a good friend in April to his third and final heroin/fentanyl overdose. Trying to console his surviving mom and older sister, a couple of women I've known for decades now, was brutality. So believe me, I'm not trying to downplay the severity of this problem. I miss my friend very much. It fucking hurts knowing I'll never be able to speak with him again, and my heart is heavy from this tragic loss. And so it goes.
Fent seems to make almost everyone nod out hardcore,
That's kind of the point usually for most experienced opioid enthusiasts. If you've never experienced these highs, one insight I gained from my own experiments with them is that when I would nod off I would be away in the most remarkably vivid and wonderful dreams. It's really pure escapism with a high dose of euphoria. For people with heavy emotional pain in their lives, it's pretty clear to me why opioids' effects are so desirable – the anxiolysis, the euphoria, the slowed down thoughts and disinclination to dwell on the past or to think about bad memories, etc… Hell, almost any one of us humans on this planet suffers through some real pain sooner or later, some shit that traumatizes, ya know? And so, like so many other things, it's a coping mechanism.
and induces sloppy behavior that makes one unproductive
Well yeah it's kinda the opposite of productivity, but I'd also like to point out that productivity in and of itself shouldn't be considered some instant merit. Society places too much emphasis on maximizing productivity out of people. After all, perhaps Socrates put it best when he said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.
It's funny: people will condemn meth use while they gobble up Adderalls throughout the day, oblivious to the hypocrisy.
(unlike the olden US heroin that makes addicts motivated and less likely to overdose from chasing the nod).
What? No. First off, opioids, including diacetylmorphine (“Heroin” was a brand name, btw) comes mainly from the poppy fields of Afghanistan, so I'm not sure what you mean by “US heroin”. Secondly, Heroin has killed approximately 187,000 metric fucktons of people worldwide since its invention. Both drugs rank pretty high in lethality. And while it's true: there are high-functioning, opiate users out there who know how to manage dependency properly, it boils down to the habits and techniques of the user in question and is not some inseparable component to the drug, as if its use required dependency. Sound like something some old-school heroin user with a real dedication to their medication might say…
It is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry to anyone who had a friend or loved one overdose from fentynal related tragedies.
It is really heartbreaking. My friend was such a talented artist, too; it's such a shame. Since then I bought a bunch of fentanyl test strips and have been giving them to people for testing their drugs, especially considering how it's popping up in bootleg Xanax bars and even cocaine purportedly. And I've been making it a point to visit old friends and check in on them more often.

Are there any groups or anything in the US trying to work toward legalizing diacetylmorphine?

I'm the type of person who doesn't believe ALL opioids addicts are "hopelessly addicted" and "need help", etc....
Some of us use opioids because we ENJOY them and they help us function better in life.
I'm a walking example of somebody who physically and mentally benefits from the use of opioids. I'd rather have an opioid dependence than live my life dealing with the shit my opioid use helps ease.

I don't understand why American society is still okay with people getting sloppy obnoxious drunk on a poison like alcohol, but if you'd prefer to relax with heroin/an opioid, that is "prohibited" and you will be put in a cage & have your freedom taken away. It's insanely hypocritical and ridiculous.

And because of this "prohibition" and the drug war, people will continue to needlessly die from fentanyl. You can't tell me the government doesn't know this & isn't flat out letting it happen. It's still a pain in the ass for some people to get buprenorphine & methadone for christ's sake. And as everyone else already pointed out, they're just letting fent fly right across our southern border daily.

The same with cannabis. Why are people still being imprisoned in some states but free to use it others? I mean hell, they even get away with pushing the vaccines onto people in exchange for a still FEDERALLY ILLEGAL drug. So it's okay for them to exchange drugs for the vaccine but if I wanna exchange drugs with a friend, I'm a criminal?

It blows my mind the staggering amount of hypocrisy & ignorance in this country. Even other countries have moved forward and legalized heroin. Why are we still in the dark ages and letting people die? It's sick & corrupt.

Shouldn't I be able to use heroin under the guise of "freedom" and "pursuit of happiness"?????
LEGALIZE MY FUCKING MEDICINES DAMN IT!!

I would love to see drug reform in my life time. Unfortunately I think society as a whole is still too ignorant & bombarded with myths to understand why somebody might actually WANT to use or be on heroin/opioids.

I lost a few of my friends to fentanyl. They had been heroin addicts since the 80's and some how never managed to "die" or OD until fentanyl started popping up a couple years ago. It's bullshit.

I don't know what I can do as a regular person to get this conversation moving forward in a nationwide direction & change anything, but I am incredibly vocal about it whenever I see people speaking down on or spreading misinformation about heroin/opioid use. There's been so many lies & stigma created around heroin that people just don't even want to believe that legalizing it could be a good thing for anyone, no matter how many facts or how much data you present them with.

If addicts or people in pain could access their opioid of choice in a clean & discrete manner legally, then we would not be seeing this charade of a fentanyl crsis in our country. People are going to use drugs whether or not society likes it or not. So many of the issues surrounding drug use could be mitigated with legalization, education & resources. A lot of people also die because they haven't been properly educated on how to use drugs & the risks associated with those drugs.

Addiction is now considered an illness, so we lock people up for an "illness"? Sounds like freedom to me!! /s

Last edited:
Fentanyl is an inanimate powder incapable of killing anyone on its own as it is not sentient. Let's please not anthropomorphize any chemicals.

If anyone has blood on their hands it's the Big Pharma doctors and salesmen who gratuitously pushed unneeded opiate scripts on U.S. patients. Por ejemplo, all the Purdue Pharmaceutical sales reps claiming they didn't know OxyContin was addictive… I all bullshit. Any educated adult—especially one working in the medical field—should already know opioids are all derivatives of morphine, and as such they carry a notable risk of tolerance, dependency, and compulsive behavior pattern disorder. Everyone is on their own individual case-by-case basis and often it's virtually impossible to predict with accuracy which patients will develop this specific drug problem (I detest the term “addicted”, which etymologically means “spoken for”, hence why “diction” is in its word root; it's an unhelpful and confusing label).

In other words, the problem isn't the drug; the problem is the U.S. population's desire/demand for the product, coupled with a lack of oversight and quality control, plus adjacent proximity to a supplier country adept and experienced at smuggling drugs (and people) into the U.S. for the blackmarket. What does the demand mean and where did it come from? These are the questions that need answers. And meanwhile, it's worth considering that regulating recreational use sales of all the currently illicit drugs would effectively cut-off the financial supply to the violent and dangerous transnational criminal organizations (TCOs and other organized crime syndicates in the drug trade). The people should demand this until it happens as they should equally demand an end to the so-called Drug War at once.

What civilized government wages war against its own people? The U.S. incarcerates both the largest number of people of any country (2.2 million) and also the largest number of people per capita. Number 2 is India at 1.9 million inmates, but guess what? India has a total of ~1.35 billion people while the U.S. comparatively has 330 million. India has over one billion more citizens than the United States, yet it manages to incarcerate 300,000 fewer of them.

I think another big reason behind the mass proliferation of fentanyl is its super efficient and low production cost compared to diacetylmorphine (Heroin) and most other opioids, Carfentanil notwithstanding. And with a super high potency, it's functionally similar to LSD in that the profit margins on the drug are ridiculously high.

. Now consider if each dose is sold for $5, each… this is just for the producers, we'll say, because each dose will wind up costing some end-user ~$20, but at $5/each that's $125 million dollars. Hell at $3/each that's $75 million, and it's ultimate street value should be somewhere in the neighborhood of a half billion dollars. It should be obvious why these profits are so attractive to the TCOs and organized crime capable of reagent procurement and drug synthesis.

I've never met anyone who actually says, “golly jee willickers” like we're in some nightmarish rerun of Leave It To Beaver…

Also no one should expect to be energized by painkillers. That would not be wise considering how it's classified as a central nervous system depressant. Not saying it doesn't happen; just don't expect it. This will backfire, trust me. If you want Uptown, you take a stimulant. And not everyone associates having energy with feeling euphoric. I know people who forego Heroin altogether and they have a whole method down for volumetric dosing darknet fentanyl they get for bargain prices. At the same time, I just lost a good friend in April to his third and final heroin/fentanyl overdose. Trying to console his surviving mom and older sister, a couple of women I've known for decades now, was brutality. So believe me, I'm not trying to downplay the severity of this problem. I miss my friend very much. It fucking hurts knowing I'll never be able to speak with him again, and my heart is heavy from this tragic loss. And so it goes.

That's kind of the point usually for most experienced opioid enthusiasts. If you've never experienced these highs, one insight I gained from my own experiments with them is that when I would nod off I would be away in the most remarkably vivid and wonderful dreams. It's really pure escapism with a high dose of euphoria. For people with heavy emotional pain in their lives, it's pretty clear to me why opioids' effects are so desirable – the anxiolysis, the euphoria, the slowed down thoughts and disinclination to dwell on the past or to think about bad memories, etc… Hell, almost any one of us humans on this planet suffers through some real pain sooner or later, some shit that traumatizes, ya know? And so, like so many other things, it's a coping mechanism.

Well yeah it's kinda the opposite of productivity, but I'd also like to point out that productivity in and of itself shouldn't be considered some instant merit. Society places too much emphasis on maximizing productivity out of people. After all, perhaps Socrates put it best when he said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.
It's funny: people will condemn meth use while they gobble up Adderalls throughout the day, oblivious to the hypocrisy.

What? No. First off, opioids, including diacetylmorphine (“Heroin” was a brand name, btw) comes mainly from the poppy fields of Afghanistan, so I'm not sure what you mean by “US heroin”. Secondly, Heroin has killed approximately 187,000 metric fucktons of people worldwide since its invention. Both drugs rank pretty high in lethality. And while it's true: there are high-functioning, opiate users out there who know how to manage dependency properly, it boils down to the habits and techniques of the user in question and is not some inseparable component to the drug, as if its use required dependency. Sound like something some old-school heroin user with a real dedication to their medication might say…

It is really heartbreaking. My friend was such a talented artist, too; it's such a shame. Since then I bought a bunch of fentanyl test strips and have been giving them to people for testing their drugs, especially considering how it's popping up in bootleg Xanax bars and even cocaine purportedly. And I've been making it a point to visit old friends and check in on them more often.
It's china.
They have everything to gain by our (America's) gradual downfall and not much to lose.

Fentanyl is not sold in 40 microgram doses. An average dose for a typical user is in the hundreds of micrograms, with many requiring substantially higher. The ubiquitous blue fentanyl containing fake pressed pills ("dirty 30's") contain hundreds of micrograms of fentanyl per pill. Some can have a milligram or more.

When I was using it I was injecting 17mg at a time (pharmaceutical fentanyl so I know the dose) but I am an extreme example. Still it is not uncommon for people to use a milligram or more per dose.

The paradox is that at an equianalgesic dose, fentanyl is actually safer than heroin or morphine. The issue is that due to its potency accident overdoses are frequent because it's difficult to quantify the dose.

Fentanyl is not sold in 40 microgram doses. An average dose for a typical user is in the hundreds of micrograms, with many requiring substantially higher. The ubiquitous blue fentanyl containing fake pressed pills ("dirty 30's") contain hundreds of micrograms of fentanyl per pill. Some can have a milligram or more.

When I was using it I was injecting 17mg at a time (pharmaceutical fentanyl so I know the dose) but I am an extreme example. Still it is not uncommon for people to use a milligram or more per dose.

The paradox is that at an equianalgesic dose, fentanyl is actually safer than heroin or morphine. The issue is that due to its potency accident overdoses are frequent because it's difficult to quantify the dose.
Great word: “equianalgesic

And I was basing my speculation on those ubiquitous little blue fentanyl pills, basically, yes. The fault variance runs that high for those pills??? That's ridiculous. Are you sure about that? That's common? I have to look this up, b/c that just seems … fucking insane.

It doesn't change my point though: groups like the “Mexican Cartels” are making bank selling fentanyl across the border, and it has a lot to do with the fact that it doesn't take much starting precursor to produce a whole shitload of fentanyl. LSD is similar in that you might start with ~8 kilos of ergotamine tartrate and by the end of the process, perhaps you'll have 1-2 kilos of pure LSD. Sure the yield percentage is low, but now you have 10 to 20 million doses… It's pretty weird some of the parallels that exist between LSD and fentanyl, despite not seeming too similar at first glance…

Great word: “equianalgesic

And I was basing my speculation on those ubiquitous little blue fentanyl pills, basically, yes. The fault variance runs that high for those pills??? That's ridiculous. Are you sure about that? That's common? I have to look this up, b/c that just seems … fucking insane.

It doesn't change my point though: groups like the “Mexican Cartels” are making bank selling fentanyl across the border, and it has a lot to do with the fact that it doesn't take much starting precursor to produce a whole shitload of fentanyl. LSD is similar in that you might start with ~8 kilos of ergotamine tartrate and by the end of the process, perhaps you'll have 1-2 kilos of pure LSD. Sure the yield percentage is low, but now you have 10 to 20 million doses… It's pretty weird some of the parallels that exist between LSD and fentanyl, despite not seeming too similar at first glance…

Well even in pharmaceutical preparations the starting dose (for instant release fentanyl lozenges) is 200 micrograms, and they come in strengths of up to 1.6mg.

But not it doesnt change your point but it certainly changes the scale of it (reducing it by around a factor of 10, or one order of magnitude).

Well even in pharmaceutical preparations the starting dose (for instant release fentanyl lozenges) is 200 micrograms, and they come in strengths of up to 1.6mg.
Let's fact check that. The Actiq lozenge starts at 200 µg.This is true. But then there's Fentora, a sublingual tablet that contains 100 µg. And there's also the transdermal patch, Duragesic, which contains 12.5 µg.

In fact, dosing is kinda all over the map, check it out.

Although you bring up good points, I have to question these assertions and figures above.
But not it doesnt change your point but it certainly changes the scale of it (reducing it by around a factor of 10, or one order of magnitude).
Listen, the fact remains that fentanyl is attractive to organized crime's drug producers/chemists precisely because, as Wikipedia puts it: “compared to heroin, it is more potent, has higher profit margins, and, because it is compact, has simpler logistics. It can be cut into, or even replace entirely, the supply of heroin and other opiates.”

Similarly, the DOx series of psychedelic amphetamines are not quite as potent as LSD, but still potent enough to be loaded onto blotter. It doesn't matter if each hit is 2 mg of DOM instead of just 100 mics of LSD. It's going to produce a lot more units than if that 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyl-allylbenzene is used to make 2C-B instead or something similar.

Duragesic patches deliver 12.5 mcg per hour, the patch itself contains much more fentanyl than that, 2.1mg total. That's why chewing or extracting and shooting the patches instead of using them transdermally can be quite dangerous. There's a table here:

Duragesic patches deliver 12.5 mcg per hour, the patch itself contains much more fentanyl than that, 2.1mg total. That's why chewing or extracting and shooting the patches instead of using them transdermally can be quite dangerous. There's a table here:
Goddamn, that's some real fuckery right there. I mean, look at this shit:

“Do not use Table 2 to convert from DURAGESIC to other therapies because this conversion to DURAGESIC is conservative and will overestimate the dose of the new agent.”

Oh, fun. It's no wonder all the overdoses.

Goddamn, that's some real fuckery right there. I mean, look at this shit:

“Do not use Table 2 to convert from DURAGESIC to other therapies because this conversion to DURAGESIC is conservative and will overestimate the dose of the new agent.”

Oh, fun. It's no wonder all the overdoses.
Yum

MAYA WERE THE FIRST HERE, lucifer christ how nasty ur, HOW NASTE! google it and stfu end of convo, *pat shoulder*

And to add to that..

pyramids were built by an ancient civilization, no brainer lmfao but i forgot his name. WE never knew their name, we labeled them.. i catch ya ahaha. They were a 4 limbs 2.90m species. If there was any evil, as captivity involved that is unknown.