• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos why is diazepam so nasty?

Have you had a bad experience?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Maybe in a pinch for anxiety, but god the taste it leaves in your mouth (kind of metallic but all round nasty) makes all food and water taste like shit, and you feel nauseous. Wondering if any one else here has had experience with this, as well as etizolam, but not so much xanax as far as I can tell.

Most benzos taste pretty bad IME, clonazepam is the only exception (who doesn't like that minty flavor?). That being said, it doesn't really bother me that much, drugs don't need to taste good IMO. I only care about the effects.
Btw drinking milk kind of works for me, it helps to get rid of the aftertaste.

Etizolam has no taste, if it does, it's not etizolam... just a heads up. I've eaten huge scoops of the stuff and never tasted a thing.

God I love diazepam. Probably my favorite drug these days... especially combined with LSD. Yeah it tastes nasty, like most drugs do, just swallow the dang pill, sublingual doesn't increase the onset by much.

Side note: Alprazolam tastes sooo bitter, and I love it... like coffee, the taste grew on me, as I began to associate it with its effects.

Diazepam Is kind of a dirty high sometimes, I've done stupid shit on it too. The lingering effect it has sucks too, it's half life it's too long.

Some people get a nasty taste in their mouth as a side effect from certain medications - I don't mean the drug tastes nasty to them but that they get a nasty metallic like taste in their mouth as one of the drugs side effects. It is a rare side effect for something like diazepam whereas it's commonly reported with something like zopiclone. I don't know if this is what the OP meant but thought I'd throw it out there just in case...

Some people get a nasty taste in their mouth as a side effect from certain medications - I don't mean the drug tastes nasty to them but that they get a nasty metallic like taste in their mouth as one of the drugs side effects. It is a rare side effect for something like diazepam whereas it's commonly reported with something like zopiclone. I don't know if this is what the OP meant but thought I'd throw it out there just in case...
Ah. If this is what the OP means, I don't experience it... now 25i-nBome... Jesus H. Christ, my mouth tasted like metal asshole for 12+ hours after dosing.

Ah... it just leaves a funny taste in my mouth and everything tastes awful, even water, but it's worse with etizolam (which is why I usually have some juice and something to eat and take it on a night later). I remember drinking Old Rosie superstrong cider after taking just 2mg of etiz, almost throw up, everytime I drink it now it I'm reminded of what it "could" taste like -- shit, and can't drink it anymore. Same as when you've had a bad experience with getting too sloshed on some vodka then whenever you smell it, it reminds you of the time you almost died.

Rare... maybe, dunno what could be the underlying (biological?) cause.

Ah... it just leaves a funny taste in my mouth and everything tastes awful, even water, but it's worse with etizolam (which is why I usually have some juice and something to eat and take it on a night later). I remember drinking Old Rosie superstrong cider after taking just 2mg of etiz, almost throw up, everytime I drink it now it I'm reminded of what it "could" taste like -- shit, and can't drink it anymore. Same as when you've had a bad experience with getting too sloshed on some vodka then whenever you smell it, it reminds you of the time you almost died.

Rare... maybe, dunno what could be the underlying (biological?) cause.
For me that's whiskey... insta puke, even from just smelling it :( sorry to hear of this odd problem you're having. Benzos are a bad class of drugs to get tied up in anyhow... so maybe you can look at it like a blessing? Now you have more reason to avoid them.

Much love <3

it was a blue pill and I'm thinking it could have been fake, but I also had the same reaction with a white pill a while back too. guessing pharma some guy online.

Etizolam has no taste, if it does, it's not etizolam... just a heads up. I've eaten huge scoops of the stuff and never tasted a thing.

Really, I just bought some beautifully packaged pills from India that have a very slight metallic taste. They have a definite benzo effect as well. Maybe pure etizolam and pills are different as regards taste?

Really, I just bought some beautifully packaged pills from India that have a very slight metallic taste. They have a definite benzo effect as well. Maybe pure etizolam and pills are different as regards taste?
I’m talking about pure etizolam. I’ve never had any in pill form.

anyway, still got 1mg of xanax and some blue dream on the weed so... hopefully I'll enjoy that.

i hate the taste mdma leaves in my mouth, ughhh can't stand it. San Pedro Cactus(Mescaline), that's the worst tasting shit i've drank in my life.14 hrs into the trip i could still taste it.

Um... no. Well technically yes, but never, ever do that. Ever. You never want to inject organic matter.

The worst thing - which I suppose could also be seen as good by some - is the long half time. If you are a driver I would stay away from diazepam completely unless you wish to avoid driving in the next 2-4 weeks. Oxezepam of cause is just as bad as it is an active metabolite of diazepam.

So if you drive I would stay clear of diazepam. Get a benzo with a shorter half-life. You might not at all feel influenced 5 days after having taken diazepam but it can be traced in saliva, urin and blood. So should you be involved in an accident - that might even not be your fault - the not being your fault will no longer matter when you get tested positive for having a benzodiazepine in your system.

I get my urine tested once a week and diazepam will keep the test positive for 3-4 weeks even though I have not taken any benzo's since that dose of diazepam. Of cause my doses are rather large increasing the detection time but no matter what it says about the detection time of diazepam in urin you can expect at least 2 weeks before your system is cleared.

The worst thing - which I suppose could also be seen as good by some - is the long half time. If you are a driver I would stay away from diazepam completely unless you wish to avoid driving in the next 2-4 weeks. Oxezepam of cause is just as bad as it is an active metabolite of diazepam.

So if you drive I would stay clear of diazepam. Get a benzo with a shorter half-life. You might not at all feel influenced 5 days after having taken diazepam but it can be traced in saliva, urin and blood. So should you be involved in an accident - that might even not be your fault - the not being your fault will no longer matter when you get tested positive for having a benzodiazepine in your system.

I get my urine tested once a week and diazepam will keep the test positive for 3-4 weeks even though I have not taken any benzo's since that dose of diazepam. Of cause my doses are rather large increasing the detection time but no matter what it says about the detection time of diazepam in urin you can expect at least 2 weeks before your system is cleared.
Yeah it takes me longer to piss clean after a few diazepams than it does after months of heavy pot use. Crazy...

I was about to make the same topic.
I've never abused benzos except once for a month.
I take fifteen mg every day and I feel on edge and anxious and I can't seem to even cut it down.
I had to go cold turkey for two days and was ready to slice my wrist

If you are a driver I would stay away from diazepam completely unless you wish to avoid driving ....
Agreed. Been there. Like one gets "hypnotized" and shit starts to "bleed together". Nice visuals but not so good for harm reduction.
This also goes for IR morphine... mostly the same effect(s)/affect(s).
Sorry just had to jump in for a minute as driving and diazepam (or any hypnotic) and driving is a disaster waiting to happen.
I have found that drinking copious amounts of strong coffee and benzos may offer a bit of relief from the hypnotism; don't trust your life on it, though....
Ptah